Notices

Cincinnati Boating

Old 02-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain44
great place to live and boat Suggest the west side bridgetown,cleves (north bend) harrison. nice and laid back

I've never even considered the river. I just keep the boat down on Cumberland, but if you're the trailering type, there's plenty of good lakes within a half days drive.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered

Brookville lake indiana is not bad 13 miles long 3 marina's 1 restrant its 1hr 15min away

we party at the sand bar or templeton.. its no cumberland but its close to home water pretty clean.
Attached Thumbnails Cincinnati Boating-nordic-drive-.gif  
Old 02-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CigBoat
I grew up boating through my teens and twentys with quite a few houseboat trips and I can say my friends like to have fun and of being on the lake most weekends I have only been bothered twice and never had anything come of it just asked to settle down a little.
Todd - My experience is from only being there once, and it was on a friends boat for the Poker Run - so my perception of it may be skewed.
I know Fun Police are on heavy patrol that weekend.
But it's not like getting up to the great lakes.
I like getting the boat out to some water that you can't see land from.
And then you see weather coming in.
That's when it get's fun.

Weather is gonna break soon - you still gonna come help me wrench on my boat??

Last edited by bouyhunter; 02-09-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling - or fat fingers
Old 02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Todd - My experience is from only being there once, and it was on a friends boat for the Poker Run - so my perception of it may be skewed.
I know Fun Police are on heavy patrol that weekend.
Last year was a bad year for the party coves. It seems there was a rookie water patrol guy based out of Conley bottom that was a complete jack---.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Erie is fun!!! I grew up there. Running out of Toledo.
Loved the Maumee River, and playing out in the bay.
Ever been to Woodtick Island??
The weather is part of the challenge on Erie.

I lived in Erlanger when we first got transplanted here - right off Turkeyfoot Rd.
Living in Hebron now.

I've been to Cumberland, and it still doesn't match up to Erie for me.
It's nice, but it's not like running Erie.
It's scary, yet very relaxing when you can get out on the water and not see land in sight. All the BS that is back on land doesn't exist out there.
If the boat sank, you wouldn't even know which way to swim.

Cunberland - heavily patrolled by the fun police, and you don't get the solitude of just you and the water.

Very different experiences.
Yea I've heard how fun Erie is once you know your way around. It's all good stuff
Old 02-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Yea I've heard how fun Erie is once you know your way around. It's all good stuff
Let me get my boat together, we'll trailer up, and I'll show you around.
It's good water, and I promise you'll have a good time.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
Last year was a bad year for the party coves. It seems there was a rookie water patrol guy based out of Conley bottom that was a complete jack---.

I was there in '06, but still seemed like the party cops were on patrol.
I'm not a major partier, I'm just a drinker.
See, on Erie no one will f-with you.
I like Cumberland, but it's not like running Erie.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CigBoat
West Side is the best side
Had to start, huh ?..........If you are into "Mullets" and playing "cornhole".....

The river can be OK...No rain this past summer. could see 4-6 feet down. Cumberland is OK. just sit and party.
Go to Erie to run "offshore" type waters And go somewhere new everyday. Great places to hangout with great people
Old 02-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Barges, currents, logs, dirty water - we go over the Ohio and just keep driving to get to Cumberland - one of the finest lakes in the country. There are many marinas to keep your boat at but the west end of the lake is bar far better. Cumberland is clean and deep.

But if you don't have the 3 hours it takes to get to Cumberland then the Ohio will float your boat - but it'll have a scum line on it when you take it out

Put it this way, Cumberland is full of people from Cincy, Columbus, Indianapolis and Louisville who have tried boating the Ohio and much prefer Cumberland.
That's not true in my case--I'd 10-1 rather boat on the river. It's closer to home and there's less "attitude" from the other boaters than there is at Cumberland. After the first of June, it's usually very clean and the current is usually not too noticeable unless there's been a big storm. It must be A LOT more scummy up river than around the Louisville to Warsaw pool--I harldy ever have a scum line unless it's early in the season. The lake is nice for a couple visits each summer, but give me the Ohio anyday!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Let me get my boat together, we'll trailer up, and I'll show you around.
It's good water, and I promise you'll have a good time.
Thanks for the offer. And if you get down to Cumberland again look me up

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
That's not true in my case--I'd 10-1 rather boat on the river. It's closer to home and there's less "attitude" from the other boaters than there is at Cumberland. After the first of June, it's usually very clean and the current is usually not too noticeable unless there's been a big storm. It must be A LOT more scummy up river than around the Louisville to Warsaw pool--I harldy ever have a scum line unless it's early in the season. The lake is nice for a couple visits each summer, but give me the Ohio anyday!
Cool. I haven't boated around Louisville so I'll have to try it sometime.

Quick Reply: Cincinnati Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.