Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021 >

Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021

Notices

Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021

Old 02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 948 Likes on 477 Posts

they told us it was some 53' below normal...we went in to the national park there and drove down to the lake....you can see how far down the water is when you are right there next to it looking at the shore line....and you can even see more of how much is dried up, when up in the air when flying over it!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

If I remember correctly, Mead was well below normal (20' - 30') when I boated there about 6 or so years ago.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinny P
Thats not good. I was there this past fall, the water level looked very low. I dont have a picture from this past trip but this picture was taken in 2005. The white colored rocks shows the level that the water once was at. We visited Lake Havasu this past fall, the water level looked fine there. We are seriously looking into relocating there within the next 5 years. I am sure that if or I should say when, Lake Mead goes dry, Havasu wont be far behind. This problem, along with those damn Quagga mussels are 2 of my biggest fears and concerns of that area.
Living here in the North East with an ocean at your doorstep all my life, has never posed these problems. Snow, cold, traffic, etc... that stuff I am used to. If it wasnt for the ocean, I would hate everything about this place.
hope things get better , nice pic & awesome ramp better then our freeways here in ILL
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As of 2/7 Mead is down 112' and at 48% capacity. Snow pack in the mountains that feed Lake Powell and Mead were in the 150%+ of normal last I heard...

10 years ago the lake was at 100% capacity, to the point of water running over the spillways... I wouldn't sell the boat and move out of Vegas just yet...
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Registered

Yea, I saw that story on MSNBC. Didn't last long though. Pretty hard to get people to drink the global warming kool-aid when we are in a record cold year with record snowfall and precipitation.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

where is the best plase to lanch a go fast boat if you are comming out of henderson?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zx14
where is the best plase to lanch a go fast boat if you are comming out of henderson?
I launch my 29 Baja Outlaw and my buddy launches his 36 Outlaw out of Heminway. It's the closest one to Boulder City. It is very shallow and you have to back the whole truck into the water to get the boat off. They are redoing the ramp so hopefully it will be a bit easier but really no problems now.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enticer

And Rob...start using your spell check

WALLY......think someone is blowing SMOKE up your shirt..........when were there in 1999 the water really low and has dropped more each year that we have been there. So, the 7 year thing is already over and into the 14 year thing maybe
Grammer check?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Grammer check?
Say, is that anything like grammar???
Old 02-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jordy
OK, so I posted this on a few of the other boards that this nonsense popped up on... Give this statement some thought:

There is a 50-50 chance that Lake Mead could be dry by 2021.

Now think about that... A 50-50 chance of something happening in 13 years? What kind of bull**** scientific theory is that??? What a total joke by people claiming to be researchers and scientists... Then to use words like perhaps, maybe, chance...

Doesn't seem like much of an exact science to me... What a waste of time, and I really hope they're privately funded. With "science" like that, no wonder the rest of the world is kicking our collective asses...

This is right up there with the jerkoffs who, now that there is a cooling trend, have claimed that global warming has advanced far enough to trigger the next ice age... Personally, I'm all for global warming as I'd love to boat more that 10 months out of the year.
It's about the same as our weathermen down here saying, and I quote: "It may or may not rain today."

Things like this are ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.