Like Tree0Likes

name?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Default name?

what was the name of the new models of runabout's that were not center consoles but had a 2 or 3 outboards?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

We will build any of our boats with outboards if desired:
www.activethunderboats.com

There are a couple of Concepts and Powerplays that are setup like this as well.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwayz View Post
We will build any of our boats with outboards if desired:
www.activethunderboats.com

There are a couple of Concepts and Powerplays that are setup like this as well.
I am thinking one of the 33 evolutions with triple 300 xs would be a fun boat. I would think you could push the bench back to the transom and get 4 standup bolsters in there.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1 View Post
I am thinking one of the 33 evolutions with triple 300 xs would be a fun boat. I would think you could push the bench back to the transom and get 4 standup bolsters in there.
We are eagerly looking for someone who wants to build this boat with us.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
We are eagerly looking for someone who wants to build this boat with us.
How big of a fuel tank could you do in a 33? Could you do two rows of 3 bolsters with the port side bolsters being ones that slide out and still have room for a rear bench? What kind of speeds do you think? I wonder what the boat would do with triple 350 verdados? 90? I have never been in a active thunder before, maybe I will stop by the factory. Can you do a fold away bimimi? No bimini and the engines not being very reliable are what pissed off the wife with the big Fountain.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Quote:
How big of a fuel tank could you do in a 33? Could you do two rows of 3 bolsters with the port side bolsters being ones that slide out and still have room for a rear bench? What kind of speeds do you think? I wonder what the boat would do with triple 350 verdados? 90? I have never been in a active thunder before, maybe I will stop by the factory. Can you do a fold away bimimi? No bimini and the engines not being very reliable are what pissed off the wife with the big Fountain.
The boat comes with twin 80 gallon tanks under the cockpit, which are set to that size by stringer locations. We could do auxiliary tanks as well.

I will get my tape measure out next week when I am back at the factory about the seating/bolsters. I believe it can be done, but I want to know how it will fit before we commit.

The 33 runs 92mph with 1050 total HP in an I/O setup. 1050 with an OB setup would be very similar if not better.

A fold away bimini is easy. A friend of mine in VA had one made that was guaranteed to stay together at 80mph.

You are IN the boat, not on it. It has 4 feet of freeboard at the front bolsters, and the windscreen can be placed as tall as you want it to adjust more windflow over your head. When you are tucked down into a cruising position, you can talk at just about normal voice volume at 60mph in any of the boats.

We have a new 33 (525s) in rigging right now at the AT Factory. Monday-Wednesday of next week would be an ideal time for you to come down, but the Factory is open 6 days a week, and we love visitors.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
The boat comes with twin 80 gallon tanks under the cockpit, which are set to that size by stringer locations. We could do auxiliary tanks as well.

I will get my tape measure out next week when I am back at the factory about the seating/bolsters. I believe it can be done, but I want to know how it will fit before we commit.

The 33 runs 92mph with 1050 total HP in an I/O setup. 1050 with an OB setup would be very similar if not better.

A fold away bimini is easy. A friend of mine in VA had one made that was guaranteed to stay together at 80mph.

You are IN the boat, not on it. It has 4 feet of freeboard at the front bolsters, and the windscreen can be placed as tall as you want it to adjust more windflow over your head. When you are tucked down into a cruising position, you can talk at just about normal voice volume at 60mph in any of the boats.

We have a new 33 (525s) in rigging right now at the AT Factory. Monday-Wednesday of next week would be an ideal time for you to come down, but the Factory is open 6 days a week, and we love visitors.
I would want at least 300 gallons of fuel, because premium fuel is hard to find on the water over here. So more than likely I will have to pull the boat out to refuel so bigger the tanks the better.
I will let you know next time I am going to be over there and give you at least a weeks warning. Thanks
Old 02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2006 Formula 292 FasTech / 2007 Ranger Reata 190VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonycrockett View Post
what was the name of the new models of runabout's that were not center consoles but had a 2 or 3 outboards?
Progression?

http://www.progressionboats.com/
Old 02-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Quote:
I would want at least 300 gallons of fuel, because premium fuel is hard to find on the water over here. So more than likely I will have to pull the boat out to refuel so bigger the tanks the better.
I will let you know next time I am going to be over there and give you at least a weeks warning. Thanks
Excellent. I talked to Pat about your ideas over dinner last night, and we can accommodate all of them
Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Excellent. I talked to Pat about your ideas over dinner last night, and we can accommodate all of them
I will be back in touch when I am ready to get the ball rolling on it. Thanks