Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know the story on "Cat in the act"? >

Anyone know the story on "Cat in the act"?

Notices

Anyone know the story on "Cat in the act"?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

He looks kind of like ben kramer in that mug shot.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

and *poof* he's gone is suprising??..theres only two sides to a fence... 1. he's swimmin with the fishes or 2. he's in witness protection and if thats the case..why keep the old lady?? she became accustomed to a lifestyle he can no longer support..women have big mouths...even bigger when there unhappy..she is a liability to have around, period.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
Sunday, February 10th 2008, 4:00 AM
Joseph Vollaro ratted on the mob and ran - failing to inform his wife, Trisha (below), pregnant with twins, about what he was doing or where he was going.
DelMundo for News
The mob rat whose secret recordings devastated the Gambino crime family abandoned his pregnant wife without a word about his double life - or his future plans.
Trisha Vollaro, who's carrying twins, learned about her husband's FBI undercover work only after word of the sweeping indictment became public last week.
By then, he already had betrayed her.
"If you woke up one morning and this bomb was dropped on you, how would you feel?" Trisha Vollaro's sister asked Saturday.
Joseph Vollaro walked out on his wife without any luggage, conversation or compassion, his sister-in-law said. "He said, 'I'm leaving' - and he left," she said.
Trisha Vollaro remains unsure of her husband's whereabouts. He could be under federal witness protection; but if so, he opted to go without his wife and unborn children.
The Staten Island trucking company owner disappeared more than a week ago. Before taking off, he sold a cement business for $1.8 million, records show.
The couple lived in a large house, its front yard enclosed behind an ornate iron fence inscribed with the letter V. Joseph Vollaro loved singing and speedboating, and owned a 40-foot craft dubbed "Cat in the Act."
Last year, the Vollaros won the Best Dressed Crew award at a Florida speedboat competition. In a photo, they appear happy.
But Vollaro also had served 16 months in a New Jersey jail in the late 1990s and did 37 months in federal prison on extortion charges, meeting Gambino capo Nicholas Corozzo behind bars.
Vollaro began doing business with the Gambinos when he got out of prison, then flipped on them about three years ago after he got involved in a drug deal.
He will emerge someday to testify against acting boss John (Jackie Nose) D'Amico, consigliere Joseph (JoJo) Corozzo, Nicholas Corozzo and others.
He may also have to face his disgusted wife. His sister-in-law, who declined to give her name, said despite his misdeeds there was never any spillover into his domestic life.
"The truth is he was one of the best people I know," she said. "There wasn't one thing I could ask for that he wouldn't do for me."
She said her family was rallying around Trisha: "Good, bad or otherwise, we will stand together and be as strong as we can."
She insisted the couple had been happy and that her sister was unaware of her husband's secret life - a claim reinforced by a family friend.
"She doesn't know nothing about nothing," the man said before driving Trisha Vollaro off in a red Corvette. "You think wiseguys tell their wives anything?"
[email protected]
Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is as bad as when I drive down the highway with a boat and most 18 wheelers get on the cb radio and ask me if the boat is owned by a drug dealer. I get back on the radio and ask them or tell them that they are watching too many Miami VIce shows and that is not the case anymore. As for Joe I have taken him and his family in my truck when his boat broke down last year during the key west race and he was very nice. No one on this board really knows what his true story is and we only know what that we read in the newspapers. As for the boat, Gino if it is the same one that he bought from Al Burns then it was a very nice boat. I think Al's was a 2000 model and I can get you his phone number if you want it.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Ok, so what's the bad part of the story? A bad guy gets caught doing bad things and turns in other bad guys to save his skin. His wife had no idea that he was doing illegal stuff, right.

Did he mistreat his boat or something? Why should we care?

I'd rather read about this any day than 30 threads whining about how every boat in the boat show out of someones income level is way overpriced, or that insurance, life jackets, and fuel are too expensive......or both!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,717 Likes on 3,788 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Gino, you don't have enough boats already?

Hope all is well!

But he Doesnt have a "SKATER"!

It is a nice boat and was being well maintained!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLee

I'd rather read about this any day than 30 threads whining about how every boat in the boat show out of someones income level is way overpriced, or that insurance, life jackets, and fuel are too expensive......or both!
don't forget all the help Cash get laid threads......or this offends Sdwayz threads
Old 02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
But he Doesnt have a "SKATER"!

It is a nice boat and was being well maintained!
Not me! I would hit the ignition switch after what he did!!! I worry enough about my schitt blowing up without it being connected to a mob informant (rat bastard)!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't really know this guy. He seemed like a pretty likable guy. When we were in keywest, he was in the Orange MTI that was on display talking with Randy Scism. He was talking very loud because he knew there were quite a few people listening to him negotiate buying the boat. He was telling Randy "if I buy the boat your going to put the motors where I want them or I'm not buying it. I want them all the way forward! As close as you can get to the firewall. Atleast 18" forward". Randy said he would do what ever he wanted but the boats run great with the motors where he always puts them. Joe told him "I know how to set a boat up, I want them forward".
I was thinking, this guy has the nerve to Randy Scism, of all people how to set his boats up?
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! I was docked right next to the guy at Sea Isle prior to the Key West run. He wasn't real friendly...but man that boat was LOUD!

Quick Reply: Anyone know the story on "Cat in the act"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.