Opinions on Sonic 26 Prowler?

Notices

Opinions on Sonic 26 Prowler?

Old 02-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwrbt33
There he is!!! Hows things been Brian? Say hello to Frank the next time you see or talk with him.

Thanks!
Things are well John. I have been in FL for a couple weeks at the AT Factory and at the MBS, and to say its been busy is a drastic understatement. I'll see Frank in a couple hours, so I will pass on your greetings.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that AT is really nice! How does it compare in size to a 25 Outlaw? It must be close to being a full 3' longer. You can tell just looking at the cockpit and cabin photos that there's a whole bunch more space. Just out of my price range... looking to stay right at $50K or below.

That 25 Outlaw is fairly priced. But compared to the AT the cockpit looks so cramped.

The Sonic 26 Prowler also seems to have a very tight cockpit but you get more in the cabin. A spacious cabin is not really a must bust I know my wife will like the flushing head.

For me, this is my priority list assuming my price range:

1) Resale value and easy resale (if I move up)
2) Overall styling and looks (has to look good!)
3) Cockpit room & ergonomics (will spend most of time here)
4) Lake water handling
4) Speed (naturally aspirated)
Old 02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bimmerboy318
Wow, that AT is really nice! How does it compare in size to a 25 Outlaw? It must be close to being a full 3' longer. You can tell just looking at the cockpit and cabin photos that there's a whole bunch more space. Just out of my price range... looking to stay right at $50K or below.

That 25 Outlaw is fairly priced. But compared to the AT the cockpit looks so cramped.

The Sonic 26 Prowler also seems to have a very tight cockpit but you get more in the cabin. A spacious cabin is not really a must bust I know my wife will like the flushing head.

For me, this is my priority list assuming my price range:

1) Resale value and easy resale (if I move up)
2) Overall styling and looks (has to look good!)
3) Cockpit room & ergonomics (will spend most of time here)
4) Lake water handling
4) Speed (naturally aspirated)
Keep in mind the AT's have a great resale value and the one we have in on a trade up to an AT 33 has the HP525 in it so the price is a bit more. The AT is also a much bigger boat both in size and feel on the water and has an enclosed head.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:51 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Sonic 26 rides like azz.
Yes you DO get what you pay for.
The Sunsation or Fountain is WELL WORTH the extra coin. But don't believe me or anyone else on here. Get on each boat, ride them and form your own opinion.
Don't know about the AT, but I would guess it is leagues better than Baja or Sonic.

Resale will be better on "marque" boats, ie. Fountain, Cig, Outerlimits and so on - you get the picture. These boat will also ride better as the companies are able to put more R&D money into the design.

A VERY roomy boat that would be great for the lake is a Powerquest 280. W/ 496/502 it will do 67-70. Has all your criteria except best resale value. (re-read above paragraph) That said, you can buy them for less. I had one and was quite impressed with it - a good value.

As an after thought; I know of a PQ 280 that will be coming up FS - like new w/ warranty and about 50 hours.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
Registered

A the end off the day, go sit,ride,crawl around them....Its all what you want and can afford ......a question on this site about brand....Well you know.....like the saying goes......Opinoins are like a**holes everybody has one,their all different...and everyones is better,faster....you get the point and have seen it from all the post so far.....Good luck in finding the one that fits you....
Old 02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

Oh, and for resale just take a look in the classifieds see the number of certian brands.....Then think of the buyer and the amount of choices he/she will have(meaning some brands have 75-100 boats for sale at any and all times)just something to think about......And that being said they all suck for resale......
Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keepin' it real....
Originally Posted by creeper
Oh, and for resale just take a look in the classifieds see the number of certian brands.....Then think of the buyer and the amount of choices he/she will have(meaning some brands have 75-100 boats for sale at any and all times)just something to think about......And that being said they all suck for resale......
Old 02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creeper