Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   30' Race Cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/180924-30-race-cats.html)

Shanghied Again 02-28-2008 05:56 PM

The Old Sunoco Express is at my friends house in Toms River with his big Chris Craft that sits in his driveway

TeamSaris 02-28-2008 06:27 PM

King Sting was one of the fastest.No pics though...

[email protected] 07-03-2022 09:01 AM

Sunoco express

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again (Post 2464899)
The Old Sunoco Express is at my friends house in Toms River with his big Chris Craft that sits in his driveway

hi my name is Anthony Johns and I’m the son of Percy Johns the throttle man and mechanic of the old Sunoco express shadow cat! Do you guys currently know if it’s still in Tom’s River or at my pops friends junkyard still? He has recently passed away, and I’m trying to get any and all info I can on the boat. I know this post is a long shot being it’s soooo old. Feel free to reach out to me any time. I’m currently in brick nj

Craney 07-03-2022 09:19 AM

Has anyone ever heard of Pipe Line Express?

jeff32 07-03-2022 11:18 AM

you might want to try it out on the chris cat facebook page also... lots of people in the know on these cat they might help fast!

[email protected];4837207]hi my name is Anthony Johns and I’m the son of Percy Johns the throttle man and mechanic of the old Sunoco express shadow cat! Do you guys currently know if it’s still in Tom’s River or at my pops friends junkyard still? He has recently passed away, and I’m trying to get any and all info I can on the boat. I know this post is a long shot being it’s soooo old. Feel free to reach out to me any time. I’m currently in brick nj[/QUOTE]

Smarty 07-04-2022 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Craney (Post 4837211)
Has anyone ever heard of Pipe Line Express?

yes, the owner was a utility pipeline contractor. The boat was at Arnold’s, Pt Pleasant, NJ for many years. I am going back thirty + years in time

mikefili 07-06-2022 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 4837347)
yes, the owner was a utility pipeline contractor. The boat was at Arnold’s, Pt Pleasant, NJ for many years. I am going back thirty + years in time

That name was at the end of the boats career, it had a much longer and famous existence prior to the name Pipeline. It was owned by John Emmons from NJ, it started out life as "Town and Country Chevrolet" it was raced in Modified, Sport, and P class in APBA, and raced in just about every class in NPBA trim. due to the fact that it was an inboard Small Block Shadow cat the boat just ate rough water for lunch and would run through just about everything. it changed ownership and name to Pipeline after a major stuff crash in Key West which caused the boat to be rebuilt, thats where it changed ownership, and that story folks is for another day.........

F-2 Speedy 07-06-2022 06:08 PM

Good to see some of the OG's still hangin around and sharing....

Smarty 07-06-2022 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by mikefili (Post 4837510)
That name was at the end of the boats career, it had a much longer and famous existence prior to the name Pipeline. It was owned by John Emmons from NJ, it started out life as "Town and Country Chevrolet" it was raced in Modified, Sport, and P class in APBA, and raced in just about every class in NPBA trim. due to the fact that it was an inboard Small Block Shadow cat the boat just ate rough water for lunch and would run through just about everything. it changed ownership and name to Pipeline after a major stuff crash in Key West which caused the boat to be rebuilt, thats where it changed ownership, and that story folks is for another day.........

Bob Schug owned it when it was Pipeline