Notices

Ilmor 710

Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When something is wrong or malfunctioning, if you cannot reach a certified shop, we'll come fix it. The valve spring issue was a batch problem which we fixed in a few days......nationwide. If anyone is interested in becoming certified with us, call Ian Hawkins.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered

Ps. Ian gives you some ILMOR swag too when you attend!!! haha
Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
When something is wrong or malfunctioning, if you cannot reach a certified shop, we'll come fix it. The valve spring issue was a batch problem which we fixed in a few days......nationwide. If anyone is interested in becoming certified with us, call Ian Hawkins.

And there you have it............ One can only assume you or someone you know works with/for/on Ilmors?
I've only heard good things from this side of Ilmor.

Just out of curiousity........... How many motors was it?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:23 PM

Ps. Ian gives you some ILMOR swag too when you attend!!! haha

If I can't get the swag..... I'll take a sweatshirt, xxl, hooded, no zip in black..
Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Im an Ilmor tech. I believe it was 24, not sure man I was logging some miles on the west coast though. I had my basic tool kit and a **** load of springs in my bag. It was quite heavy.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 PM

Im an Ilmor tech. I believe it was 24, not sure man I was logging some miles on the west coast though. I had my basic tool kit and a **** load of springs in my bag. It was quite heavy.

The story I got from Bob (w/Ilmor) is that it was just a full motor swap for everyone that had a bad batch... Not that it really matters. In the long run the customer got taken care of.

As an Ilmor tech, is there anything you'd change about the 625 or 710?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Nope. Its a proven package with alot of great advantages. Fuel mileage, weight, unique sound, LOOKS, etc.... Some bad (as in good) fellas were involved in the dev. of them.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 PM

Nope. Its a proven package with alot of great advantages. Fuel mileage, weight, unique sound, LOOKS, etc.... Some bad (as in good) fellas were involved in the dev. of them.
The fuel mileage comment raises one more question..........

It seems like the fuel economy is never stated when hot boat or power boat does a story on an Ilmor powered boat. I assumed Ilmor was keeping that info from being published because it wasn't good. Would you say it's in line or even better with a 700 merc?
Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

What was the situation on the vapor lock situation on the 625motors. Jeff
Old 02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

I can't see how a supercharged motor would get better fuel economy than a naturally aspirated motor of the same horsepower level. The blower motor burns power turning the blower, if you're talking about a 700 hp motor you're probably talking at least 50 hp to turn that blower.

Quick Reply: Ilmor 710

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.