Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
HTM won't give back the deposit !!!!! >

HTM won't give back the deposit !!!!!

Notices

HTM won't give back the deposit !!!!!

Old 03-12-2002, 10:50 AM
supercrash

Thunderdan....Remember that you can hire all the slackers that you want..And if they are going against company policy and you are aware of it then get rid of them..Why not???
Being a business owner you should know you are responsible for their actions..Remember the saying.."The buck stops here"...Well insert your name in place of the word -here-.

Old 03-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Supercrash,

If I know about it then absolutely I can act on it. But i would be fooling myself to say that there are not some things that happen that I would disagree with. We do try to hire the most competent people that we can, but it is impossible for me to supervise them the entire time that they are working. In my operation 99 percent of our work is not done in a central location but out in the field. We run GPS on all of our service trucks etc so we do try and minimise our exposure to those "types" of events that can happen, but unfortunately they still do. So basically my comment was that it is possible, maybe or maybe not probable, that the drive thing happened without any of the "higher ups" knowledge.

Last edited by thunderdan; 03-12-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2002, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There may be a mistaken time table here. The drive problems were found prior to the tragedy. As far as I know no discussion of this problem has gone on with HTM since the accident. I called my friends business and he is in Las Vegas for R&R. I would think there would be little problem varifying through B-Max after all they should know! I will find out more details in the next few days and post what information I can. I am however, uncomfortable with people piling on this issue just to be mean. I am not doing that, I am trying to put up only facts as I know them. The owner of this boat has not authorized me to air his dirty laundry. If he is comfortable with this forum, I am sure there is enough of a paper trail to lead to the proper conclusion.
Old 03-12-2002, 12:59 PM
STONE

HTM's response to our thread is basically the way we have been treated throughout this entire ordeal. After visiting the plant the first time I begged my husband not to do business with them. I walked away that day with a terrible feeling. When you make a purchase like this in your life it should be fun experience. We have met with other manufacturers and it was like night and day!

I'm not aware of any used parts being put into new boats. Logic would tell you that someone knew about it going on because there would be no motivation for a worker to put in a used part. I'm sure they don't get paid anymore or less for doing so.