Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don Aronow Memorial Ocean Powerboat Race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/181841-don-aronow-memorial-ocean-powerboat-race.html)

1965 thunderbird 03-27-2008 12:26 AM

I sure would like to bring the maritime thunderbird, but I don't think I can get it ready in time and then it is quite a ride from colorado to florida. I will be coming for sure with or without the boat! I am looking forward to meeting the legends of boat racing that will be there. Anybody have an extra seat in their boat? This get together is going to be great! I can hardly believe that I bought this boat 8 months ago and now we are having a reunion of the racers that actually raced this boat and other historic boats of the 60's. I really want to bring this boat down there, I will try my best!

Cig35Mistress 03-27-2008 12:47 AM

I'm in - I hope!

1 Attachment(s)
Where would I fit with a 1982 26' Corsa Martini? The boat will have a Mark IV big block 496 stroker with a TRS drive - I don't think it gets more period correct than that!

What about range? My boat only holds 62 gallons of fuel - is there a refuelling in Bimini and then back to Miami or . . . ?

This would be my first "race" and I'm truly intrigued - and a die hard Aronow fan as well. My dad and his family were friendly with the Aronow's in New Jersey back in the 50's and early 60's.

At any rate - let me know what the deal is and get me the pertinent info please! :evilb:

Harry

rtaylor 03-27-2008 08:22 AM

blip

T2x 03-27-2008 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ApachePete (Post 2501439)
Oh, yah der!

I'll step-up now.

Is it possible?...can it be?

The Beatles never got back together......

ABBA is split forever............

Will NNRT ride again??????????

Yesterday....all my troubles seemed so far a-w-a-a-a-y.

:D:D:D:D

BROWNIE 03-27-2008 09:25 AM

T2rex, I know how you hate to be corrected, but it is: so faaaaaaaaaar away.

T2x 03-27-2008 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE (Post 2501885)
T2rex, I know how you hate to be corrected, but it is: so faaaaaaaaaar away.

Maybe, but I believe in yes-ter-d-a-y......

chuckbeecher 03-27-2008 08:36 PM

Anything new on this event?
Fees?
Registrations?
Fuel/Stops?
Rules/Classes?
:cool-smiley-027:

XtremePowerboats.com 03-27-2008 09:19 PM

Yes !! We have the race packets to be released this week !The entry fee will be $ 1,000.00 .it will include a membership to HOPBRA and the entry to the Race.Also it will include alot of extras ,reception partys & more suprises.
Regarding fuel ,try to carry the fuel that you need to complete the full round trip race .
Stops !! Don,t stop unless your broken! There will be a towing company on stand by to asssit all race boats during the race .
Rules !! The rules will be released this week .
Classes ! Also to be released this week .
The event is getting heated up !!Stay Tuned .