Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Combat Boots Boarding for the Scuff Dance! >

Combat Boots Boarding for the Scuff Dance!

Notices

Combat Boots Boarding for the Scuff Dance!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CG has started pulling folks over here and checking for passports if your on the outside.. Something about the three mile zone, homeland securahtaaay and the new immigration laws? Boat fishing a tournment a couple weeks ago got hit with a ticket allegedly worth 25k..
Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rippem, a good friend of mine from Miami got to meet your friends a couple of years ago in front of the Castle after a late aafternoon high speed pass. Their first statement after viewing the Florida regs were "You're not from around here, are you?" ....
Old 03-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered

We should giive this guys a break, they are only doing what they have been told to do by ther commanding officer's.
I've been boarded, and they spent at least 45 minutes going through my boat, checked everything you could thing off. Tried to talk to them well they were doing ther job, they would not talk, all business.
After they were through they went to the fuel dock, and thats where I was going before they boarded me. When I got here and started talking to the them, they were very friendly .
We need them to do what there doing, yes it may be a pain sometimes. But there hear to protect us, and in this world we need them!!
And when you get in trouble on the water, who to you call for help.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama

Rippem, a good friend of mine from Miami got to meet your friends a couple of years ago in front of the Castle after a late aafternoon high speed pass. Their first statement after viewing the Florida regs were "You're not from around here, are you?" ....
BRILLIANCE!

I'm all for respecting those who serve, and I did, but how much clearer has it got to be that my last boarding was wholly unneccesary, had zero legit indication/cause and was born out of sheer boredom?

Last edited by Rippem; 03-16-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

United States Coast Guard If you were in the seafood business like I was before I retired you would love these guys. LOL
Old 03-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAP071
US CODE 14 USC 89

(a) The Coast Guard may make inquiries, examinations, inspections, searches, seizures, and arrests upon the high seas and waters over which the United States has jurisdiction, for the prevention, detection, and suppression of violations of laws of the United States. For such purposes, commissioned, warrant, and petty officers may at any time go on board of any vessel subject to the jurisdiction, or to the operation of any law, of the United States, address inquiries to those on board, examine the ship’s documents and papers, and examine, inspect, and search the vessel and use all necessary force to compel compliance. When from such inquiries, examination, inspection, or search it appears that a breach of the laws of the United States rendering a person liable to arrest is being, or has been committed, by any person, such person shall be arrested or, if escaping to shore, shall be immediately pursued and arrested on shore, or other lawful and appropriate action shall be taken; or, if it shall appear that a breach of the laws of the United States has been committed so as to render such vessel, or the merchandise, or any part thereof, on board of, or brought into the United States by, such vessel, liable to forfeiture, or so as to render such vessel liable to a fine or penalty and if necessary to secure such fine or penalty, such vessel or such merchandise, or both, shall be seized.
(b) The officers of the Coast Guard insofar as they are engaged, pursuant to the authority contained in this section, in enforcing any law of the United States shall:
(1) be deemed to be acting as agents of the particular executive department or independent establishment charged with the administration of the particular law; and
(2) be subject to all the rules and regulations promulgated by such department or independent establishment with respect to the enforcement of that law.
(c) The provisions of this section are in addition to any powers conferred by law upon such officers, and not in limitation of any powers conferred by law upon such officers, or any other officers of the United States.
You want all the stories??
or just the top 10??? on the incompetence of the CG in our area

I have seen the nightmare at work many times

Many years ago they backed into the front of my boat with a 42' steel hull boat and took a chunk out of the front of my vessel

I have watched Jr and his pals go in circles when a crisis arose and they had no clue as to how to handle things. Then listed as they called in on VHF to get some direction on how to handle an emergancy that required quick thinking not contimplattion

Average experience of the boaters running the smaller CG boats in our area are about 2 years (Maybe)

I have asked them nicly to take off there shoes before boarding got a bunch of "do you know who your talking to?"

Give these 20 year old guys (and Girls)a uniform and a boat and they just got ten feet tall

There are great People in the CG but those on daily patrol at least around here have no clue

My .25 worth (Inflation ya know)
Old 03-17-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
BRILLIANCE!

I'm all for respecting those who serve, and I did, but how much clearer has it got to be that my last boarding was wholly unneccesary, had zero legit indication/cause and was born out of sheer boredom?
They were actually pretty good guys, my friend didn't know about the slow zone in front of the Castle, which prompted the quote.
It was early in the summer, the weather was poor and there wasn't a lot of traffic. They were more interested in what powerplant was in the smaller Donzi that had been blowing by their dock for the last couple of days...... (Geoo's X-18 @120 MPH )
Old 03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

I was on my seadoo down around the Rio Grand and port Isabel Texas. Pretty intimadating having a 50cal in your face and a 20 yr old on the trigger!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
I was on my seadoo down around the Rio Grand and port Isabel Texas. Pretty intimadating having a 50cal in your face and a 20 yr old on the trigger!!!
We shoot seadoos first and ask questions later!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered

Coast Guard boarded my boat last fall and he must have been able to tell by the look I gave because he said "don't worry I will be very careful i can tell you take care of your boat". They should give those guys boat shoes! Was a cool guy and then when he left , I went up river and got pulled over again, for a saftey check. Must have been pick on us poor Baja owners day!

Last edited by danh63; 03-17-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Combat Boots Boarding for the Scuff Dance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.