Notices

Bogus Classifieds

Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogus Classifieds

OSO has some nice classified. But when you wanna search for boat you can't use the search engines because of the bogus posters. They describe the boat then list all the boats it ain't. So when your searching for a different boat than theirs you end up looking at their boat even when it's not what your looking for. To the posters who do that. Think about this. Your resorting to deception to force people to look at your boat. I don't know about most people but when someone lies to get my attention. Do you think I'm gonna trust em with my money? Also O.S.O. should take a hint from E-Bay. List names of other boats than the one in the listing to force search traffic to your listing on E-Bay and they find out? Listing? What listing? You ain't got no stinking listing!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:56 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

I have never seen this on OSO.

Just go to the section of the brand of boat you want to buy. They are broke down by manufacturer.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by Griff
I have never seen this on OSO.

Just go to the section of the brand of boat you want to buy. They are broke down by manufacturer.
Thanks dude. Found what your talking about. The boats are sorted by a browsing list. If you want to see what I'm sniveling about, try using the search engine. In the yellow part of the header. Set the pull down menu to boats and type donzi or formula on the search box and hit search. You will find more bogus listings for other boats than the brand your looking for.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear ya, Firefox!

Additionally, I noticed that the marine industry must really be in the crapper. I can't believe how many boats are being offered for FREE! Yes, Free....these are brand new boats. Hard to believe, I know, but go look. I can't even count the number of boats for sale for $0.
Yep, Z E R O.

Man, that sht pizzes me off. It completely defeats the purpose of classifieds. When I look to the classifieds, I'm interested in what someone has for sale, and for how much. If I wanted to look at the [alleged] inventory on some dealer's lot, I'd have looked there instead.

And recently, I've been looking for a 502 shortblock....I called one guy who had a nice used one for sale (allegedly according to the ad) at an attractive price, so I call and it turns out to be a dealer who is sells new merc. engines....so, I ask the guy about the one in his ad, and he flat out says, oh, we never had anything like that, it's just an engine ad for his shop.

Those are bogus SCAMs, if I ever saw one.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 PM

More snivels

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I hear ya, Firefox!

Additionally, I noticed that the marine industry must really be in the crapper. I can't believe how many boats are being offered for FREE! Yes, Free....these are brand new boats. Hard to believe, I know, but go look. I can't even count the number of boats for sale for $0.
Yep, Z E R O.

Man, that sht pizzes me off. It completely defeats the purpose of classifieds. When I look to the classifieds, I'm interested in what someone has for sale, and for how much. If I wanted to look at the [alleged] inventory on some dealer's lot, I'd have looked there instead.

And recently, I've been looking for a 502 shortblock....I called one guy who had a nice used one for sale (allegedly according to the ad) at an attractive price, so I call and it turns out to be a dealer who is sells new merc. engines....so, I ask the guy about the one in his ad, and he flat out says, oh, we never had anything like that, it's just an engine ad for his shop.

Those are bogus SCAMs, if I ever saw one.
Or ya call and the item got sold months ago but the seller never took the time to end the add
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sign of the times
Old 03-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

EBay has started pulling items that listed several brands other
then the one being sold.

They are calling spam and I agree.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Registered

I dont agree with it, but I get it. Get as many looks as you can. Good or bad, its better than none.

Sales, no matter what kind is a #s game.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by apppedigree
I dont agree with it, but I get it. Get as many looks as you can. Good or bad, its better than none.

Sales, no matter what kind is a #s game.
But no matter how many hits you get if the bogus hit pissed the customer off it becomes a negative relationship with the potential customer. May be next time around I am looking for the boat he has for sale. But I ain't gonna buy stuff from a lier. Lie to me once shame on you, lie to me twice shame on me.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Registered

I buy whatever the best deal is. Most do IMO

I dont care what kind of crap gets me to that point - if its a deal and 4 months ago the guy had a goofy ad that was misleading I dont care. Negative looks are still looks. Look at us we are talking about it. Free press.

Quick Reply: Bogus Classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.