Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is the Dragon dead? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/182517-dragon-dead.html)

pm203 03-19-2008 10:27 PM

Rumor is that the Dragon will now be called the Dragonzi. :D

Best wishes to Craig, Donzi and Dragon.

FeverMike 03-19-2008 10:33 PM

Sounds very interesting and this should bring some exciting stuff.

2112 03-19-2008 11:18 PM

I am reminded of the article in Powerboat about 2 years ago where the owner of Donzi said the small manufacturers were not good for the industry and should be regulated out of business.

I may not be using his exact words but close enough.:(

Matt Trulio 03-19-2008 11:32 PM

If you're talking about the long Q & A in Powerboat with Donzi CEO Lee Kimmell, I "wrote" (as much as anyone writes a Q & A) it. I don't have the article in front of me, but I am relatively sure he didn't say or imply anything of the sort.

Maybe it was another magazine (my piece on Kimmell was several years ago). Our conversation ranged far and wide, and even got a little heated a few times, but I just don't recall him saying anything about small builders hurting the industry, much less suggesting they be "regulated out of business."

I will check, though, because if I'm wrong my memory is more shot than I think it is.

PhantomChaos 03-19-2008 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio (Post 2492040)

I will check, though, because if I'm wrong my memory is more shot than I think it is.

Matt......would you be surprised? :D

racesdad 03-19-2008 11:39 PM

funny matt

2112 03-20-2008 01:05 AM

If you're talking about the long Q & A in Powerboat with Donzi CEO Lee Kimmell, I "wrote" (as much as anyone writes a Q & A) it. I don't have the article in front of me, but I am relatively sure he didn't say or imply anything of the sort.

Maybe it was another magazine (my piece on Kimmell was several years ago). Our conversation ranged far and wide, and even got a little heated a few times, but I just don't recall him saying anything about small builders hurting the industry, much less suggesting they be "regulated out of business."

I would appreciate you looking, as although I have subscribed for 19 years, I don't save them. It was your article BTW.

If I misinterpreted his comments, I will eat my words but I was worked up enough at the time I contemplated writing the editor as I have owned two boats built by small builders and they were of a much higher quality than my "production" boat.

Pete B 03-20-2008 03:41 AM

I dont think the boat achieved a new standard in Vee bottom performance, while being built with the lastest technology, it isnt the fastest slickest design. Some will claim how competitive it is racing but that is in bracketed classes. it never broke out in the major league field of Skater, Fountain,or Donzi for that matter, in the ranks of Super Vee.

Just my .02

OldSchool 03-20-2008 06:06 AM

Did somebody say shots???????:drink::evilb::drink::evilb::drink:

OldSchool 03-20-2008 06:07 AM

Congrats CB!!!!!!