Like Tree2Likes

Leverage Polish

Reply
Old 04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
  #11
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

The Vinyl/Leather Conditioner is your UV Protection.
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:09 PM
  #12
Registered
Platinum Member
 
BajaBennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Merritt Island, Fl.
My Boats: 2005, Baja, 302
Posts: 292
Default

Donnie is a great guy with a product that does what he claims. This is my second year using Leverage in Florida. I t holds up extremely well. Try it, you will like it.

Dail
BajaBennett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:17 PM
  #13
Registered
 
jayhawk261's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tulsa, OK
My Boats: 2000 Superboat 24 Step Bottom - Fresh 501
Posts: 1,729
Default

I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!
jayhawk261 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
  #14
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk261 View Post
I have a bottle I bought last year from (shall remain nameless) and I didn't use it because I had the boat polished professionally. I plan on using some this spring to put a nice fresh shine on her! It is still good after a year I assume!
Just shake and spray.
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canandaigua, NY
My Boats: 2001 29' Fountain Fever, 2005 Monterey 248LS
Posts: 124
Default

Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike
FountainMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:31 PM
  #16
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

GG(no longer on OSO)

Last edited by marineclean; 11-06-2010 at 10:25 PM.
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:35 PM
  #17
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAI0076 View Post
Donnie,
I posted this in the giant thred in Fiberglass and Paint, not sure if you saw it yet.

I just ordered your Oxidation Remover and Polish from Lakeside Restorations and I should have it by the end of the week. The person I spoke to recommended buffing the whole boat with the Oxidation Remover and then applying the Polish by hand. I ordered a 16oz bottle of each and he said this should be enough for a 29' boat. If you have any recommendations for applying the Oxidation Remover with a buffer I would appreciate it (i.e. how many buffer pads will I need.) Please email me when you have a minute [email protected].

Thanks for your help and I look forward usuing your product and a white boat again!
Mike
Thanks Mike!
email sent
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
  #18
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineclean View Post
Rob,

You need to get out of the UC section more.

Follow Bi Boy's link and ye shall see the light. Carnauba for car Not for Boat. My longevity is 3X-5X more than 3M or Meguiars especially on fiberglass, plus Leverage was designed for fiberglass. I spent many years researching and testing before I was satisfied. You'll find many different helpful articles posted in the Paint/Fiberglass section.

Donnie
Aw now I havent been doing much in thereDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
  #19
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
Aw now I havent been doing much in thereDonnie whats the difference between protecting a cars paint job compared to protecting a car paint job on a boat(not fiberglass/gelcoat ?

Rob
Hey Rob,

Metal heats, oxidizes and ages different from fiberglass. Even with Clear it's still on fiberglass. Painted boats still get oxidation, but not as much as gel. You still don't need to clog the pores or coat them with petroleum distillates or kerosene.

Donnie
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:12 PM
  #20
Registered
 
marineclean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Closer than you might think..........
My Boats: 12ft. Aluminum Canoe
Posts: 1,442
Default

Bump

Last edited by marineclean; 11-06-2010 at 10:24 PM.
marineclean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
bimmerboy318
Fiberglass and Paint
1
09-26-2008 08:28 AM
26sonic
General Boating Discussion
9
05-15-2008 01:24 PM
FountainMike
Fountain
1
04-01-2008 11:30 AM
racesdad
General Racing Discussion
13
10-11-2007 08:44 AM
LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
New Products and Member Discounts
4
06-18-2007 10:26 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.