Like Tree0Likes

Passport Marine Officially Over

Reply
Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
  #11
Registered
 
RedDog382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toledo, Ohio/Las Vegas, NV
My Boats: '99 Formula 382 Poker Run Special/'05 Formula 260 SS
Posts: 3,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
Anyone have a deal on a case of kneepads for the Formula folks?
I have owned 3 Formulas, two friends have each owned 4. Have never heard of this dealer and will definately not be losing sleep over this. Still supporting my dealers and Magicfloat.
RedDog382 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:52 PM
  #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4
Default

magic float is the best, there is none better
bgchuby01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:46 PM
  #13
Registered
 
DaveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: 2004 36 Concept
Posts: 2,740
Default

I agree - Magic Float is one of the best and I have known him for years. He WAS NOT one of the dealers that was cancelled due to Passport.
DaveP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:48 PM
  #14
Registered
 
DaveP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toms River, NJ
My Boats: 2004 36 Concept
Posts: 2,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP071 View Post
Didn't they buy Avanti speedboats also?
No - Dr. Ira Trocki who owns Egg Harbor did.
DaveP is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
  #15
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
I agree - Magic Float is one of the best and I have known him for years. He WAS NOT one of the dealers that was cancelled due to Passport.
Formula cancelled Marina 1 in Deerfield because of Passport.
Marina 1 is one of the best Marinas anywhere. First class facility, first class service department and a first class sales department. Stupid move.
glassman11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:45 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Semper Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgchuby01 View Post
magic float is the best, there is none better
I have never personally met Magicfloat, but I have spoken to him on the phone before and he's a great guy. If I was buying a Formula- I would travel to buy from him......no doubt in my mind!
Semper Fi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:50 PM
  #17
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
I have never personally met Magicfloat, but I have spoken to him on the phone before and he's a great guy. If I was buying a Formula- I would travel to buy from him......no doubt in my mind!
Who and where is he?
glassman11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:45 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trenton, NJ
My Boats: Anything in inventory-just fuel it!
Posts: 21
Default Can you reveal your source?

Glassman11,
Are you at liberty to reveal where you got that info? My dealership owner and the CFO of Formula speak at least daily, and we haven't heard that yet. Of course I understand if you can't, I'm just curious.
BIG DAVE P- I feel ya, brother! I love how people think this business is a walk in the park! I still kick myself once in a while for leaving the country club of BMW for this- talk about out of the pan and into the fire- sheesh!
fastboats4u is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:35 PM
  #19
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboats4u View Post
Glassman11,
Are you at liberty to reveal where you got that info? My dealership owner and the CFO of Formula speak at least daily, and we haven't heard that yet. Of course I understand if you can't, I'm just curious.
BIG DAVE P- I feel ya, brother! I love how people think this business is a walk in the park! I still kick myself once in a while for leaving the country club of BMW for this- talk about out of the pan and into the fire- sheesh!
I speak to the passport employees who work there. They were terminated at 10 am today. A customer called me a few minutes ago and said that there were Formula trailers at the dealership as we speak picking up some of the Formula boats. They closed their locations in Tampa/St. Pete a couple of days ago. Dillon, Condon and all the others are gone. They are out of money. They can't even locate all the Passport inventory.
glassman11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:19 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

They still had a 2001 35 Playboy my buddy traded to them at the Miami show 06. They paid 90k on the trade for the boat.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
glassman11
General Boating Discussion
14
11-18-2015 11:06 AM
glassman11
General Boating Discussion
1
08-26-2008 10:51 PM
26sonic
General Boating Discussion
7
07-08-2005 03:38 PM
Jonas
General Boating Discussion
9
02-27-2004 11:47 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.