Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008! >

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Notices

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Oval
I can't believe Bill can get out of bed by 8:30A.M.,I'll just walk down to the corner and see if he really got there by 8:30.Shawn that boat would look alot better with a big red S-Duty in front of it.
I WAS outta bed before 8:30...but didn't get there until closer to 10am. I was stuck in a crappy meeting in the park. I can't believe they made me stay. Something about getting the event planning finished was more important then gettin my boat detailed.....so THEY said!
The run was great! everyone seemed to have a good time, i know i sure did. thanks to all who attended and helped out!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Posted some pics from Saturday HERE: (post #144+)

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=181107&page=8

The guys who made this run have balls of steel!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tborisch

Anybody know the story behind the Iceman Cat? Thats gotta be the biggest cat ive ever seen.

Tom
That is a 53 foot Airborne! Preston has 1075's in that. Mild power 4 a huge beast but it goes thru anything! He calls it the motorhome!!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

First things first, a huge thanks to the red white & blue Top Gun, out of Grand Haven, for the initial tow out in the big water. He towed me as far as he could until he was loading up so bad he couldnt idle. He got a hold of the Formula cruiser marshal boat that towed me the rest of the way into round lake. Everyone was more that willing to help and it was probably the roughest tow i have ever had (had a rad time keepin my lunch down rockin in those waves). It was a blast but did get a little old. I do have to say, if i had to run that water and a boat under 30' i wouldnt pick anything other than the Saber! Ran it hard, mostly to keep it up on plane, but spent most of the day in the air! Hit one big one coming back from Bay Harbor runnin 60 or so that launched me completely verticle and probably had the bottom of the prop 5' above the crest of the wave! What a rush! Anyways, havent had a chance to completely diagnose what happened but im 90% sure the pick-up in the distributer went. Too bad i couldnt have run a little longer coming back from Bay Harbor, was the best waves/run all day!

Another big thanks for the tow and everyone had a great time!

Last edited by wieland77; 07-15-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:30 PM

Dry Harbor got started on the PQ.Number 7 cyl. is dead,so out it comes.Might see the water yet this year,if not I have a beat up BAJA in the side yard I can use.Hey Bill did you check to see if it had any gas in it?I put my old boat cover over it so my neighbors won't know I have a sick boat.I also did'nt want the owners x to find it.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:39 PM

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!-car-show-011.jpg

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!-car-show-009.jpg

Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!-car-show-010.jpg
Great turn out for the boats and cars for the Friday night kick of.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blue Oval
Attachment 351304

Attachment 351305

Attachment 351306
Great turn out for the boats and cars for the Friday night kick of.
It was very cool downtown! Everybody seemed 2 B hav'n a great X!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered

I wish i coulda gotten down town to see the set up down there but i just couldn't get a free minute over at the docks! I ran myself ragged this weekend.
Bob- i didn't check for gas but i'm sure we could scrounge some up if you wanna finish the last hour's worth of wrenchin on that thing! i know exactly what needs to be done, and i know where the owner hid the parts!!! Let me know and we'll take that thing out and REALLY "drive it like we stole it!"
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

We had a great time as well! The weather on land was a nice change from the typical humidity at home. Thumbs up on everything except the Alltel Cell service.

Sorry we missed yall on Saturday night. The message didn't come through until Sunday morn.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

well i have to say another great show jb & wrink. the view crew got off to a late start. could not get the girls moving when it was rainy and cloudy. so i just sat at the condo in round lake and watched you guys go.we got out just b4 noon and ran up to bay harbor for lunch as the lead boats got in. then we left with the lead boats back to charlevoix mike in the 28 saber was right behind us coming out. it was great watching him. ran with the concept from the whalf rooks i think, and dan adams, until dan had his problem.(Sorry to hear). kurt and kemosobie went by us like the house on the side of the road. man we were catching big air. boat was riding great then i lost fuel presure to the starbroad motor at the turn out of the bay heading south. thanks ilmor for slowing down and checking on us. long 4 or 5 mile idle back to the channel. it was great to see parn out again. again great show guys. best place to boat in michigan.
todd

Last edited by baronmarine; 07-14-2008 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Boyne Thunder Poker Run 2008!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.