What do you do when you're ripped off ? >

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Notices

What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I say BS.
IF MOERON tried the props and had half a brain he had to know they were F'ed.
300 -400 RPM difference is not just not the right props for the boat. I don't care if he did or didn't know they were bad - IF he is a MAN OF HIS WORD he should have said send them back for a FULL refund.

REMEMBER YOU CAN POLISH A PIG BUT IT IS STILL A PIG.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:05 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I sold a set of used B&M 250 blowers several years ago off the board to a guy in CT. I never turned them over to look at the rotors or Teflon strips on the rotor tips. When the purchaser got them he called and told me that the Teflon strip was missing from one rotor. AT my expense I had him ship them to TBS in CA and had both totally rebuilt and shipped back to CT. I did not want to spend the 2.5K but I did. It was the right thing to do.

Last edited by f311fr1; 04-09-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: spl
Old 04-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sorry.....maybe "someone" knew, but it wasn't the guy that sold them to you (six months prior!). If I were MOERON, I would be thinking that you screwed them up in the 6 months that you had them. Where's the limit? I mean, what if you tried them like you did, but then didn't figure anything was wrong with them for over a year, or two years?

It doesn't sound like you were ripped off.......but it does sound like an unfortunate situation for both parties. A "ripoff" would be buying something from Trick Marine, paying for it and never getting it.
PhantomChaos,

I am understand where you are coming from. Just for the hell of it .... what if there was a week turn around .... from receiving the props ..... trying the props ..... sending the props to Hydromotive ...... and voila the same results ....

Now, how would you feel?

Without anything else being said .... first and foremost I appreciate you and everyone elses comments.

I guess when it is all said and done. When you sell something and you believe there is nothing wrong with the product you sell ... you stand behind your product.

For an example : I sell you a drive for your boat and I know it fine because it just came off of my boat. I wanted stronger drives so I decided to sell them.
You install it on your boat and all a sudden it didn't work for whatever reason the first time you use it.
Now since it is me selling them to you I would rather take them back than run the risk of someone challenging my integrity on something I knew was fine.
Why wouldn't I, I know what I sold to you.
As opposed to saying I'll get back to you ..... I try and find someone to buy them from you ..... Why don't you sell yourself .... You know what I can't give all the money but a buddy of mine will pay half for them .... what do think?

Maybe I am old school ..... but if your word is your word.
and you don't back it what do really have?

NOTHING !!!!!

Anyway thanks again for your input.

Jeff
Old 04-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by f311fr1
I sold a set of used B&M 250 blowers several years ago off the board to a guy in CT. I never turned them over to look at the rotors or Teflon strips on the rotor tips. When the purchaser got them he called and told me that the Teflon strip was missing from one rotor. AT my expense I had him ship them to TBS in CA and had both totally rebuilt and shipped back to CT. I did not want to spend the 2.5K but I did. It was the right thing to do.
Thanks ..... I couldn't agree more .....
Old 04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
PhantomChaos,

I am understand where you are coming from. Just for the hell of it .... what if there was a week turn around .... from receiving the props ..... trying the props ..... sending the props to Hydromotive ...... and voila the same results ....

Now, how would you feel?

Without anything else being said .... first and foremost I appreciate you and everyone elses comments.

I guess when it is all said and done. When you sell something and you believe there is nothing wrong with the product you sell ... you stand behind your product.

For an example : I sell you a drive for your boat and I know it fine because it just came off of my boat. I wanted stronger drives so I decided to sell them.
You install it on your boat and all a sudden it didn't work for whatever reason the first time you use it.
Now since it is me selling them to you I would rather take them back than run the risk of someone challenging my integrity on something I knew was fine.
As opposed to saying I'll get back to you ..... I try and find someone to buy them from you ..... Why don't you sell yourself .... You know what I can't give all the money but a buddy of mine will pay half for them .... what do think?

NOTHING !!!!!

Jeff

I totally agree. We are talking about $500 not $50,000 here. If he represented them as NEW, then they are misrepresented and he is at fault.

Now if MOERON bought those supposedly new or new-used, then he is a victim as well and is probably innocent...It all comes down to who knew what and when. If he didn't know anything, and didn't bother to get a professional opinion prior to selling them, then he is just as in the dark as you are.

With these types of things, you really never know what you are getting unless you have it checked out by a professional.

Good Luck!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by got twins ?
PhantomChaos,

Now, how would you feel?

NOTHING !!!!!

Jeff
Jeff

If it was a week....no problem! Six months is a long time, even given the circumstances you have provided.

Regarding your drive example: If you called me back six months later and said "Hey, this drive is broken and doesn't work......I want my money back because you ripped me off.", you could bet money that I wouldn't give you your money back.

Selling to unknown people provides the opportunity for unknown issues to arrise. This guy MOERON doesn't know you. You don't know him.

==============

I may be opening myself up for a similar situation soon. I may swap two Bravo-1 28 props I have with a guy that has taken his A/C unit off the same year Formula I have. You know what, I haven't run these props in years, and during that time I let a friend use them for about a year (Tank). Honestly, I can't remember if these are the labbed ones I had or not. Will his A/C unit run? He says it did when he took it out. Are the props good? I assume so! They were the last time they were used.

Now....if I install the A/C unit and it's not quite right, but I have a guy check it out 6 months later and he says it's no good...........see what I mean?

f311fr1........I can't say I would have done what you did, besides......why the whole rebuild if it was just missing a Teflon strip? I know nothing about this strip thingy......

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 04-09-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:50 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we stop the insanity here. It's a friggin round of shots in KW at Ricks. You bought used props from someone and it didn't work out. Go have a martini and be done with it.

Next subject......................
Old 04-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Registered

The problem isn't that the props didn't WORK OUT - They were JUNK.
And yes if I sold a drive to a guy in Nov. and the first time he tried them on his boat in May and they were junk - YES I would want them back and The buyer would get a refund. END OF STORY.
If you don't believe this way then don't ever put anything for sale here because WE don't want to take a chance with someone that is not to be trusted.
YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
The problem isn't that the props didn't WORK OUT - They were JUNK.
And yes if I sold a drive to a guy in Nov. and the first time he tried them on his boat in May and they were junk - YES I would want them back and The buyer would get a refund. END OF STORY.
If you don't believe this way then don't ever put anything for sale here because WE don't want to take a chance with someone that is not to be trusted.
YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD.
Well now.....what if both parties think as you say: YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORD

.......and yet, something is messed up with the transaction? I know........hit the message board that you met them on and drag their name through the $hit right? He already got $250 bucks!

Who says the drive was junk.......maybe he busted it up! What if it was 2 years later he came back and said the's broken! Original manufacturers don't even give warranties like that! Some motor builders only warranty for 90 days!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Registered

TWO YEARS is NOT first time out.
And like I said HE KNEW the props were Junk if he actually put them on his boat.

Quick Reply: What do you do when you're ripped off ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.