Notices

Hey Plastered!!!

Old 02-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Hey Plastered!!!

I saw your Top Gun at Fort Apache the other day. Man, that has got to be the CLEANEST boat around It looks Sweeeeett!!!!

I drove down from Maine to buy a Cig and was very dissapointed with the boats that were in my price range (75-100k) If your boat was close I`d buy it today.

Good luck, Kurt
Old 02-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggus,

A little while back, someone ask, why spend $80k-90k+ for a Cafe when there are Guns out there for under $100k.

If you are looking for a fresh&clean Cig for under $100k, you can find SUPER clean Cafe's in that range.

I had the same problem you have when I was shopping ... I wanted a GUN for under $100k. I found quite a few but they were all compromises. Then I started looking for a Cafe, thinking I would only spend $65k-75k .... NOT ... at least not for a clean one.

I eventually stepped up to the plate and laid out $80k-90k for a Cafe and I couldn't be happier. The boat was pretty damn clean and after about 140 hours (expected) I freshened up the power. Now I have, what I think, is ONE of the primo Cafe's out there.

Good luck in your search and if you find that special GUN, 'mo power to ya'

G

p.s. This happened around winter of 1999 ... so things may have changed since then

Last edited by cigarette1; 02-19-2002 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:43 PM
DJD
Registered

Hey Kirt!
I have to agree that Plastered's boat is one of the finest examples of a super clean Top Gun!!!!
Come on Kurt, consider a nice Flat Deck Today and today only $68,000 It's nothing like when you saw it last.
Good luck with your search for a true T-Gun! Did you see the one @ National Marine Liquidators? I havn't seen it personally but the pics look ok.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Biggus, Did you stop by Martin and look at the 93, w/blowers, I had heard they lowered the price to 119K, I looked at the 92 they had for 99K (or offer ) , however, I think my 87 is in better shape that that one, even if I dont have a new set of headers, but I got new carbs, and it runs good, missed you guys at the party, I was by the food !!!
Old 02-19-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

DJD, your boat is really cool but I have a big jones for a 'Gun
The boat at National is sold.

Spy, I went to Martin Offshore and Bob showed me the 92, nice boat but I thought it was a little over priced and the graphics didn`t do anything for me.

Cig1,see what you mean about the Cafe Racers. Phil at Lip Ship has a really nice Cafe in my price range but I really want a 'Gun.
Phil turned me onto a nice one in St Pete and I hope to look at it in a week or so.

The search continues, Kurt.
Old 02-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Registered

I think the one in st. pete. is name 'Gunzilla' ,
it might of been on oso or traderonline.com

Good Ruck !
Old 02-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Spine Tickler

Hey Kurt
Sorry I mised you in Miami. The Cig party was awsome. Offshore performance brought the boat to Miami for $685. Since I spent so much money with them I guess they were giving me the transport at cost. The boat ran great. Sunday 93mph towards the Keys. Didnt want to tunn back. I was thinking about last year. Wish we could have gotten together. You need to set up your voice mail!!!. Wont be making it to the reunion this year its to close to the Wedding Talk soon. Spine Tickler

Old 02-21-2002, 06:10 AM
Registered

Spiney, 93 mph! thats great!
I was wondering if you were around, I saw your boat at the Cigarette factory and it was all wrapped up. I am bummed that I missed the party but I was staying with friends and they have a child at home so we had to leave the boat show a little early. I hope to do the Cig reunion in my own Top Gun this year
Hope all is well, Kurt.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Spiney Email me your Number bro. I was going to call you but lost the phone with your number. I promis I will be sober this time

When is the Big Wedding date? Say Hi to Jenn for me

Kurt you need to find one. I want to tow it with my new truck Mark and I are talking about flying down to his place in Ft. Meyers end of March. I think I will be just making it a long weekend but what the hey it is only a 3 hour plane ride

Jon