Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Help, need a computer for a HP500EFi ASAP !! >

Help, need a computer for a HP500EFi ASAP !!

Notices

Help, need a computer for a HP500EFi ASAP !!

Old 04-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx Eddie, I will be talking with my guy today. I hope he is humble enough to axcept some help.

Again his name is Paul Hewitt, from Brockville. But he will probably have his efi guy call you.

Just want to be sure, you have done some of these engines right? Modified hp500efi with a Whipple?

Last edited by Canada Jeff; 04-14-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Eddie, can I have my builder give you a call next week? This setup is new to him. His efi guy has done very many, but none with a Whipple. I found it odd that the computer is fried too. I will pay for your time on the phone with him. I'm not looking for free help. Just experineced help. This engine isn't keeping the air fuel ratio even. It is different at same rpms each pull he tries to make. Hard to explain in print.

Let me know if you are available for my guy to call you.

TIA.
If your air intake temps or coolant are different from each pull, then your afr will be different also. Has he changed any of these tables? Are you guys loging data so you can compare apples to apples?

Frank
Old 04-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered

I have lernt more this morning. We have saved the original Whipple data first, before we started.The original Whipple data was giving them trouble with the AFR. They then uploaded the MEFIburn data we bought. Tried 7 different programs adjustments, and had similar results, AFR problems. After speaking with Bob from MEFIburn.com it looks like the computer has a problem. This problem could be why my engine was running so rich last summer.

The consence is to try a new computer. I have found one, but have been waiting all day for the seller to get back to me.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Canada Jeff
Thanx Eddie,
Just want to be sure, you have done some of these engines right? Modified hp500efi with a Whipple?
Yes I have. I have used countless Whipples on just about everything, both carb and EFI. Let me know if I can help.
Eddie
Old 04-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Registered

OK Eddie, my builders EFI guy is suposed to give you a call some time tomorrow. His name is frank. He has done more reserch and found that there is some "troll mode" or something that affects the AFR at idel and up. So it sounds like he is learning this system as we go here. I'm glad he is going to call you.

Just to give you a heads up.