Notices

Carver boat covers

Old 04-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts
Default Carver boat covers

Anyone have any experience with Carver custom fit boat covers? I currently have a Westland custom fit cover I got through Overton's. It is made out of Sunbrella (though it is the cheapest, thinnest Sunbrella I have ever seen) and fits like a glove. Looking to get a second cover out of a different material. Wondered how the fit of the Carver cover is and what their Poly Guard material is like. The Sharkskin material that Westland offers seems a bit thin and course to me. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Anyone have any experience with Carver custom fit boat covers? I currently have a Westland custom fit cover I got through Overton's. It is made out of Sunbrella (though it is the cheapest, thinnest Sunbrella I have ever seen) and fits like a glove. Looking to get a second cover out of a different material. Wondered how the fit of the Carver cover is and what their Poly Guard material is like. The Sharkskin material that Westland offers seems a bit thin and course to me. Thanks.
Hey,

I purchased a Carver mooring cover through www.iboats.com last fall. It was on a clear out, so I ended up getting for a song .... approx. $450.00 for a 32' cover. The material is the equivalent to Sunbrella .... I think it is called Durashield or something close to that. Fits great and is fairly light compared to the duck cotton one I had before.

It fits like a shower cap with loops to use to tie down .... I don't think I would trailer with it but they maintain you can.

Good Luck ....

Jeff