Like Tree0Likes

36 concept

Reply
Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 PM
  #41
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Ahhhh, makes sense....So to me (not a fisher) who likes the style of the boat and the multi use it wouldn't be a big deal
Yes it would not be such a big deal. My problem is I live in Florida were it rains a lot in the summer and Florida down poors are like a flood! My boating style is to uncover the boat on Friday afternoon and use it all weekend and when it rains at night and is uncovered the bildge pumps work for hours and hours and burn up the battery. My fountain is a self draining cock pit...ie self bailing....so the water does not drain to the bildge and the pumps never come on thus saving expensive battery.

Maybe Concept could rig a boat so it plugs into shore power and the bildge pump runs on shore power and when un pluged it runs on the battery. Still out at sea it is really nice having self bailing cockpit.

If you want the looks of a Cigarette and the sporty looks at 36 Concept is very nice for that. Just keep it covered when out side.
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:55 AM
  #42
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,674
Default

There's no shore power?? That kind've sucks...Seems that would resolve the problems. What about pulling the plugs when it's on the lift or on the trailer?
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 AM
  #43
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member
 
bojoe2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: NEW JERSEY
Posts: 3,177
Default

why is there no shore power my 36 came with it. I always use when layed for periods of time on my lift. never hade a problem.
bojoe2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:39 AM
  #44
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

It can be easily done. On my Albury Brothers CC there is a 1'x1'x8" well in the back of the boat..the pump can be lifted in and out and rested on the deck or just pull the plug in this area. Water drains right to it. When floating the plug line is just above the water..Ive tried running this way and it works as well..when stopped no water backs in. Good Luck Jeff
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:09 AM
  #45
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Yes it would not be such a big deal. My problem is I live in Florida were it rains a lot in the summer and Florida down poors are like a flood! My boating style is to uncover the boat on Friday afternoon and use it all weekend and when it rains at night and is uncovered the bildge pumps work for hours and hours and burn up the battery. My fountain is a self draining cock pit...ie self bailing....so the water does not drain to the bildge and the pumps never come on thus saving expensive battery.

Maybe Concept could rig a boat so it plugs into shore power and the bildge pump runs on shore power and when un pluged it runs on the battery. Still out at sea it is really nice having self bailing cockpit.

If you want the looks of a Cigarette and the sporty looks at 36 Concept is very nice for that. Just keep it covered when out side.
Shore power, battery charger is an option as well as an option to put a valve on the cockpit drain for use while on the lift. You simply turn a Y valve to switch the drain overboard when it is on the lift. Can not be used when in the water since it boat sits so low in the stern/rear floor. Might reverse flow.
tomdjoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
  #46
Registered
 
outdrive man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Catawba Is, Ohio
My Boats: Century 2600 cc
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOPAJM View Post
How do we get her in there !?!??!!?
Jerry, call me. ive got a deal to propose on your 36. 1-419-732-1777 ask for jim jr
outdrive man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 AM
  #47
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdjoe View Post
Shore power, battery charger is an option as well as an option to put a valve on the cockpit drain for use while on the lift. You simply turn a Y valve to switch the drain overboard when it is on the lift. Can not be used when in the water since it boat sits so low in the stern/rear floor. Might reverse flow.
Yes I know shore power and battery charger is an option. I had a battery charger on my 36....NEVER said it was not an option!

When the boat is on the lift you can not get to the drain plug. At least on my lift you can't. Also the Y valve you speak of will not drain the cockpit while on the lift I was told at the Concept both at the Miami show. Also while the boat is sitting in the water since the deck is below the water line the boat will not self bail. You have to be on plane to get the water to run out but again I was told it does not work really well. I was disapointed to here that and kept it to myself but since everyone thinks I do not know anything I had to speak up and post what I was told.

If I was told wrong would someone PLEASE explain this then so we can put it to rest!
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
  #48
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member
 
cfischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Yes I know shore power and battery charger is an option. I had a battery charger on my 36....NEVER said it was not an option!

When the boat is on the lift you can not get to the drain plug. At least on my lift you can't. Also the Y valve you speak of will not drain the cockpit while on the lift I was told at the Concept both at the Miami show. Also while the boat is sitting in the water since the deck is below the water line the boat will not self bail. You have to be on plane to get the water to run out but again I was told it does not work really well. I was disapointed to here that and kept it to myself but since everyone thinks I do not know anything I had to speak up and post what I was told.

If I was told wrong would someone PLEASE explain this then so we can put it to rest!
Why do you always talk about your Fountain when someone is asking about a Concept????
cfischer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:38 AM
  #49
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Cool Did I miss something????????????

Mike I don't see FOUNTAIN in your post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, FOUNTAIN, FOUNTAIN, FOUNTAIN
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
  #50
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
Why do you always talk about your Fountain when someone is asking about a Concept????
Were you quoted me in your post show me where I say Fountain????
If I have mentioned my current boat in the past it is because I am comparing the self bailing part of the Fountain. So, OK how about if I compare the non-self bailing Concept to a Donzi which is a true self bailing boat. I do not own a Donzi so would that make you feel better???

After having a true self bailing CC I can see it is very neccessary. I am not the only who thinks this way, just go to any 1 of the other boating forums where CC's are about the only style boats and you will find thousands of others that feel this way too. Think I pretty much have explained the reasons of self bailing many times here so since you are my watch dog you ought to understand what I am writting about by now. When I was selling my Concept just about everyone that looked at the boat or called about the boat were turned off because it will not self bail.

Hey Blume...how ya been?!?! Still is TX selling boats?
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Quicksilver
Concept
3
12-15-2008 10:05 AM
scotty uk
Concept
2
10-05-2008 08:58 PM
blingbling
General Boating Discussion
0
09-29-2008 05:57 PM
superdave
General Boating Discussion
3
06-28-2002 11:24 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.