Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!! >

Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!!

Notices

Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!!

Old 04-27-2008, 05:50 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
hey bill, I'm with your girl from last year. Shes still smokin and was wondering where you are!!!!
Thanks. Thank you very much. Thats just what I need to hear.

Get her number for me
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Thanks. Thank you very much. Thats just what I need to hear.

Get her number for me
kelly got her number. You'll have to pry it from her!

No split decision was not out her but every other bad ass boat was!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CDC was first, red MRI was second, bobbit 3rd, predator was 4 or 5 then broke.
Tank-you are misinformed.crc was first-then predator and the mti arrived at the same time.Check with the sleek craft card boat.We were the first boat to get cards as i think the other two saw me and were to shook up to stop.We broke a drive imput shaft on the way to the 2nd card stop but had it repaired the next morning.Ran a 168 and 166 on gps(3 of them).Radar showed 161.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Oh yeah-Bobbit was third till we passed him 10 miles from the card stop.Broke a motor i think.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
Oh yeah-Bobbit was third till we passed him 10 miles from the card stop.Broke a motor i think.
I wasn't at the card stop I only saw everyone running by at cat tail cove(3 miles from the stop) CrC came by, the red mti then bobbit. Bobbit said he was running 170 from south of copper canyon to the card stop. He came running back just as hard but said later he had an issue (not major though, Gordy was going to look at it on sat.). Anywa, if you were third, my bad. Congrats on running hard and hanging it out! There was a HUGE spectator fleet!! I have some insane video of crc coming by!

Getting ready to hit javalina cantina one more time before we leave tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Registered

Got back home a few hours ago but I wont have the pics up tell late tomorrow as Im too sleepy to load them and I have to look at the list of Katwalk towels that I have to get set to ship out. I was nice to finally meet a bunch of you east coast guys over the weekend. I will for sure have to figure out how to make one of your runs soon.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Registered

I wasn't at the card stop I only saw everyone running by at cat tail cove(3 miles from the stop) CrC came by, the red mti then bobbit. Bobbit said he was running 170 from south of copper canyon to the card stop. He came running back just as hard but said later he had an issue (not major though, Gordy was going to look at it on sat.). Anywa, if you were third, my bad. Congrats on running hard and hanging it out! There was a HUGE spectator fleet!! I have some insane video of crc coming by!

Getting ready to hit javalina cantina one more time before we leave tomorrow.

You guys were a spectator again?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

So the weekend is over. My camera lens broke on Saturday afternoon while doing several hot laps in the pace boat. It was rough with white caps on the lake and the vibration screwed up my lens. It won't zoom, so I only too a few more photos.

The races went great on Saturday and Sunday other than having the local Sheriff cutting our turn bouys loose. Boy did they catch chit from the Coast Guard and local police for that bone head more. (the bouys where tied to the No Wake Markers in front of the Nautical Inn so that they'd stay together rather than float seperately. They each had independant anchors, they were just tied together to keep it safer for the racers. Guess the Sheriff didn't like something tied to the no wake bouys. The Coast Guard understood what we did and gave their consent earlier in the day.)

Other than a crash in turn one with Celerity and WHM it was a great weekend. The big news is that there's a new Sheriff in town. Jenny and Mark Dunbar won the Vee Lite race in only thier second start. Mark drives and Jenny is on the sticks.
At the awards, the other Vee Lite teams gave Jenny her own set of cerimonial balls. They recieved a standing ovation at the awards cerimony. It was awesome.

Once again, thanks to Jim Nicholes and Kevin Cooper for inviting OSS to join the party. And thanks to Celerity Investments for providing the $50,000 prize purse for the OSS teams. It wouldn't have happened without them.

Now it's onto the next race on June 20 - 22 in Sunny Isles Beach FL for the joint event with HORBA for the Don Aronow Memorial Offshore Race. Hopefully my camera will be fixed by them.

PS - I'll provide full coverage in Extreme Boats Magazine and since Powerboat, Hotboat, Performance Boats and Trucking Magazine were in attendance, I'm sure this event will be covered from every angle. God willing, this three way, three day event will happen again next year. HAVASU ROCKS!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

So the weekend is over. My camera lens broke on Saturday afternoon while doing several hot laps in the pace boat. It was rough with white caps on the lake and the vibration screwed up my lens. It won't zoom, so I only too a few more photos.

The races went great on Saturday and Sunday other than having the local Sheriff cutting our turn bouys loose. Boy did they catch chit from the Coast Guard and local police for that bone head more. (the bouys where tied to the No Wake Markers in front of the Nautical Inn so that they'd stay together rather than float seperately. They each had independant anchors, they were just tied together to keep it safer for the racers. Guess the Sheriff didn't like something tied to the no wake bouys. The Coast Guard understood what we did and gave their consent earlier in the day.)

Other than a crash in turn one with Celerity and WHM it was a great weekend. The big news is that there's a new Sheriff in town. Jenny and Mark Dunbar won the Vee Lite race in only thier second start. Mark drives and Jenny is on the sticks.
At the awards, the other Vee Lite teams gave Jenny her own set of cerimonial balls. They recieved a standing ovation at the awards cerimony. It was awesome.

Once again, thanks to Jim Nicholes and Kevin Cooper for inviting OSS to join the party. And thanks to Celerity Investments for providing the $50,000 prize purse for the OSS teams. It wouldn't have happened without them.

Now it's onto the next race on June 20 - 22 in Sunny Isles Beach FL for the joint event with HORBA for the Don Aronow Memorial Offshore Race. Hopefully my camera will be fixed by them.

PS - I'll provide full coverage in Extreme Boats Magazine and since Powerboat, Hotboat, Performance Boats and Trucking Magazine were in attendance, I'm sure this event will be covered from every angle. God willing, this three way, three day event will happen again next year. HAVASU ROCKS!
Attached Thumbnails Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!!-jenny-mark.jpg  
Old 04-28-2008, 01:56 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Was Split Decision there?

Last I heard, Split Decision is at Hawkeye Boats in Iowa for sale.

Quick Reply: Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.