Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/185176-official-havasu-desert-storm-08-photo-thread.html)

thisistank 04-23-2008 12:11 AM

Official Havasu/Desert Storm-08 photo thread!!

3 Attachment(s)
Since some bad azz hardware is already here, might as well start this inevitable thread:D:D

Tuesday at the Nautical Cove:

thisistank 04-23-2008 12:13 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More...

Douggie Fresh 04-23-2008 02:25 AM

Tank wish we could make it..... Keep the photos coming D Fresh

25 hors la loi 04-23-2008 07:38 AM

Thanks for sharing Tank . .....have you some from Booobs :D
Regards

Ron P 04-23-2008 07:48 AM

See ya there tonight!

sellsman11 04-23-2008 08:06 AM

We'll be there tomorrow afternoon. See you there!!

ZBODaytona 04-23-2008 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2535345)
More...

wow three nice skaters sitting there. Hmm the king and the challengers. Wonder what predator has in store for pure plat, or guess i should say other way round... Hope all is safe and have fun...

sellsman11 04-23-2008 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona (Post 2535518)
wow three nice skaters sitting there. Hmm the king and the challengers. Wonder what predator has in store for pure plat, or guess i should say other way round... Hope all is safe and have fun...

I could be wrong but I think you left out a worthy challenger!:evilb::evilb:

44MTI 04-23-2008 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by ZBODaytona (Post 2535518)

You said the King, but I don't see CRC in that pic.:hitfan:

Dean Ferry 04-23-2008 08:53 AM

Looks like fun, wish we could be there.
Be safe,
Dean

Raylar 04-23-2008 09:04 AM

Relegated to the Tent !

Think I see our tent display space right up on the beach! We'll be there Thursday-AM setting up . We had to hire a crane to lift our HO600 engine into the booth , HA! this engine is for sale complete at the Run, so maybe it will find a nice boat home at a smok'in special price. Maybe we won't be hauling it back home! Should be a great weekend and a great Desert Storm!! See Ya There!
Keep the Margaritas com'in!

Regards,
Larry @ Raylar

ZBODaytona 04-23-2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 2535560)

true. I was just going off that picture and my memory that predator was the big boy in that pond for a couple years. I forgot about CRC. They are all great boats and I hope all have fun and are safe.. Wish i could be at that run. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Downtown42 04-23-2008 09:47 AM

How do you save your spot by your tent when you're tooling around?

thanks for the pic thread.

DollaBill 04-23-2008 10:30 AM

Now I wish we went. Damn. :(

dreamboater 04-23-2008 11:30 AM

I can not get over pure platinum. That boat is bad ass! Is he running the bigger motors. Notice I said bigger motors being the small ones are 1200's.

thisistank 04-23-2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2535711)
Now I wish we went. Damn. :(

Bill, hop a flight, grab a room at one of the local hotels...You know theres always a spot on our boat for you bro!;)

thisistank 04-23-2008 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
couple more...

Anarchy Powerboats 04-23-2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 2535560)

:Whatever:

Gary Smith will always be the King of Havasu especially when you take into account what he has done with what is considered an antiquated hull and the speeds he derives from it, nuff said.

sellsman11 04-23-2008 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING (Post 2535841)

Gary Smith will always be the King of Havasu especially when you take into account what he has done with what is considered an antiquated hull and the speeds he derives from it, nuff said.

Are you making an appearance this weekend Ken??:drink:

Semper Fi 04-23-2008 12:18 PM

What's with all the speed restrictions to 50mph on alot of the poker run course? I wonder how they are going to enforce that???

Anarchy Powerboats 04-23-2008 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2535862)
Are you making an appearance this weekend Ken??:drink:

No Sir, I will be in SLC Utah installing a rigging system at The Great Salt Air Pavillion, lame I know but it pays the bills.

sellsman11 04-23-2008 12:30 PM

Tell the mormons I said Hello!!:D

Audiofn 04-23-2008 12:57 PM

Tank let the wife take the pictures will ya!!! She does a better job :D:D

Don't see Norts Boat out here...... Is he home changing diapers with Ron?

Have a blast out there man... wish I was there.

Jon

DollaBill 04-23-2008 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2535818)
Bill, hop a flight, grab a room at one of the local hotels...You know theres always a spot on our boat for you bro!;)

Now I'm depressed and pizzed. Do you think the boat would still float with all the alcohol we would need to carry?

How about that dark haired hottie from last. Is she around this year? The one with the curly hair from Manh. Bch?

44MTI 04-23-2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING (Post 2535841)

:Whatever: Of course everyone has alot of respect for him and his boat. BUT, he was not THE KING OF HAVASU last yr. CRC was by far the fastest boat on the run. This is a new yr, so we'll see who is first to the cardstop, everyone knows its hard to stay on top, especially at this level.:evilb:

thisistank 04-23-2008 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2535943)
Now I'm depressed and pizzed. Do you think the boat would still float with all the alcohol we would need to carry?

How about that dark haired hottie from last. Is she around this year? The one with the curly hair from Manh. Bch?

The boat will carry it, just get out here...And as far as the girl...Why reflect on last years girls...This year there will be new ones out and about!:D

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Tank let the wife take the pictures will ya!!! She does a better job

Don't see Norts Boat out here...... Is he home changing diapers with Ron?

Have a blast out there man... wish I was there.

Jon

No doubt Jon, Kelly is definately better at most things than me!:D

Wish you were rollin out bro, it's been too long.

Anarchy Powerboats 04-23-2008 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 44MTI (Post 2535948)
:Whatever: Of course everyone has alot of respect for him and his boat. BUT, he was not THE KING OF HAVASU last yr. CRC was by far the fastest boat on the run. This is a new yr, so we'll see who is first to the cardstop, everyone knows its hard to stay on top, especially at this level.:evilb:

No, He is the King, will always be the King regardless of who brings what. Always has been always will be. We as AZ boaters bestowed the title on him. Gary is the King, period, end of story. If you get to the card stop first, good here's a cookie and a card have a nice day, but you ain't King by a longshot.

Audiofn 04-23-2008 02:13 PM

Tank I noticed you did not mention Nort hime changine Daipers :D:D

You have RWD (Runing with Daipers) and Phantom Chaos cleaning poop off their walls :D:D

lucky strike 04-23-2008 05:06 PM

Thanks for the pics buddy.
If you see McKeller in the F-2 tell him I said, when I asked him how do you want me to run the boat in Long Beach, he said "Pin It" & we ran it wide open the whole run.
Thats the way we always ran it when we had it & make sure to tell him he needs to keep up the tradition.

LS

thisistank 04-23-2008 08:54 PM

We just got into town...I'm on the iPhone. Some sick **** here already!! Going to fill up the boat and hit javalina cantina.

Jon, I've given up on nort! Its only a matter of time before he sells the boats!

Steve, I'll look for him and pass the word!

Unitek 04-23-2008 09:33 PM

pics look good. Cant wait to hear how the new Pure Platinum runs !

Semper Fi 04-23-2008 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING (Post 2536021)
No, He is the King, will always be the King regardless of who brings what. Always has been always be. We as AZ boaters bestowed the title on him. Gary is the King, period, end of story. If you get to the card stop first, good here's a cookie and a card have a nice day, but you ain't King by a longshot.

I have to agree with ken..............."Predator" has long ben the "KING" of Havasu"- CRC is definately a faasst boat, but he has to be around for awhile to "dethrone" Predator!

PhantomChaos 04-23-2008 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2536526)
We just got into town...I'm on the iPhone. Some sick **** here already!! Going to fill up the boat and hit javalina cantina.

Jon, I've given up on nort! Its only a matter of time before he sells the boats!

Steve, I'll look for him and pass the word!

\

You are a funny funny little man! :D Were boating this weekend, just in the ocean instead! Too much of a PITA with the little guy this year.

Have fun and be safe!

Cash Bar 04-23-2008 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2536638)
\

Too much of a PITA with the little guy this year.

Have you ever considered the thought that your kid thinks the same thing about you. :evilb::D

PhantomChaos 04-23-2008 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2536643)
Have you ever considered the thought that your kid thinks the same thing about you. :evilb::D

Nah.....he's way too young to think that way. I am the king right now, and probably for 10-12 years! :D

blingbling 04-23-2008 11:17 PM

Tank, be out on Friday, is the water level low? My boats on the west end of Texas tonight and should be there Friday morning. Time to party.

Anarchy Powerboats 04-23-2008 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2536638)
\

You are a funny funny little man! :D Were boating this weekend, just in the ocean instead! Too much of a PITA with the little guy this year.

Have fun and be safe!

If I had a choice and was able to make it I would rather be out your way too.

thisistank 04-24-2008 03:00 AM

Just ran into "king of clubs" stu and jackie jones (fpc) new nor-tech. I believe this is their first poker run that they haven't organized. Enjoy guys! Tron and nor-tech always show up big out here so its no suprise that the new king of clubs is out this way to check things out!

Also just got word ol reggie himself will be running the poker run on Friday! Going to be interesting... Stay tuned

thisistank 04-24-2008 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by blingbling (Post 2536681)
Tank, be out on Friday, is the water level low? My boats on the west end of Texas tonight and should be there Friday morning. Time to party.

greg, water levels fine (as usual)!! Bring it on bro, you're good to go:cool-smiley-011:

SDFever 04-24-2008 11:09 AM

Raylar Heads For Havasu!!

2 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to making some new friends this year!!

SDFever & Westcoast