Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Attention, God has an announcement!! >

Attention, God has an announcement!!

Notices

Attention, God has an announcement!!

Old 02-20-2002, 07:33 PM

Default Attention, God has an announcement!!

First I would like to thank you all who have been supportive and patient during this transition. We have received hundreds of e-mails with problems, questions, and some pure frustration. The e-mail's have dramatically slowed down today and hope if we have not addressed someone's problem you will contact us.

AT THE TOP OF THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AND ALL OTHER SECTIONS THERE IS A THREAD NAMED "ANNOUNCEMENTS". WE HAVE POSTED INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THE TRANSITION IN THIS SECTION THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE DISREGARDED. THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THREAD TO READ ON A REGULAR BASIS AS THIS IS WHERE OSO WILL MAKE ALL IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS. IF WE POST INFORMATION AS A REGULAR THREAD ON THE BOARD AND IT IS READ AND NOT RESPONDED TO, IT WILL TRAVEL TO THE BOTTOM AND DEPENDING ON TRAFFIC ON THE BOARD MIGHT GET MISSED BY LATECOMMERS.

The most important note, as you all know since the transition we all have experienced "server is too busy", slow downloads (especially on dial-up), and not able to login period. On Monday we added additional memory to the server and now are in the process of adding a second server. The avitars and pictures as well as banner advertising have caused such an increase in traffic and bandwidth that we underestimated hardware needs compared to the old board. Some days we have had as many as 1 milloin+ hits on the server. We are in agreement that the slowing down of the site is not acceptable and hope to have this all resolved in the next 48 hours.

Once again, thank you all for bearing with us and be sure to report all problems, glitches, error messages, etc. to us immediatley with specifics and times if possible. Feel free to pick up the phone and call us if you are real frustrated as sometimes e-mails are not specific enough. Please do not send an e-mail and if you don't get a response in 10 minutes start trying to change your password or re-register as this has proven to only make matters worse. This new board and site are new to us also and during testing we never ran in to half the situations that you all have brought to our attention.

Furthermore, thank you all who have mastered certain features and helped others solve their problems. This helps us out tremendously.

Let's hope for a happy and safe boating season which is right around the corner.

Thank you,

OSO

Old 02-20-2002, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please God....turn on the [img] code......it makes everything easier.
Old 02-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What happened to the Puder program.... I mean spell checker?
Old 02-20-2002, 08:01 PM
ScreaminDemon

on the old board, the threads (or posts) that i visted changed the link color, now they do not. I would like to see that feature re-activated, it makes it easier to see where i have been.
thanks, and keep up the good work, even though i have stopped looking at more threads since it takes WAY TOO LONG!

Old 02-20-2002, 08:03 PM
ScreaminDemon

on the old board, the threads (or posts) that i visted changed the link color, now they do not. I would like to see that feature re-activated, it makes it easier to see where i have been.
thanks, and keep up the good work, even though i have stopped looking at more threads since it takes WAY TOO LONG! Memory will not solve MANY of the issues, you have added just way too much!

Old 02-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Visited threads

Demon,
I thought the same thing you did, untill I noticed that some of the envelopes on the left had a black dot on them. I realized that signifies that you have opened/read that post.
Nothing wrong with that. Just different than we had before. One of those "new" things that we gotta get used to.

Jeffrey,
I too am having problems with trying to post a reply, only to get a message, "you are not logged on" or something like that.
I realize everything is a learning process. Hang in there. The new board looks cool. Ya jus gotta get it dialed in.
Old 02-21-2002, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordo, I've only noticed the black dot on the envelopes that I've made a post in and not the ones that I have just viewed. I am with ScreaminDemon and posted this same "wish list" item in the comments section and I hope that it is a feature that can be added. If not I'll learn to get by without it because I like all the new features of this new site.
Cordell
Old 02-21-2002, 02:50 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks!!!

"On Monday
we added additional memory to the server and now are in the
process of adding a second server." It's nice to see you're pulling out all thw stops for us all. Keep up the good work! Again, THANKS!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-21-2002, 05:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Old 02-21-2002, 07:03 AM
Registered

ScreaminDemon - The black dot appears on threads you have replied to. When you've read one, the envelope turns gray. However, this doesn't work if you use your "Back" button to get back to the forum. You need to click on the forum name at the top or the "Go" button at the bottom. This was going to be one of my "wish list" items too, until I figured out how it worked.

Quick Reply: Attention, God has an announcement!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.