Like Tree0Likes

Buyers Beware Of Virginia Beach Boat Sales

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 PM
  #181
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawk261 View Post
The question is not as to what kind of deal he did or didn't get. The question is not that he "only" paid $50k for a 94 Top Gun. The question is, did he actually get what he paid for? In this case, obviously not. The boat was sold for $50k with one running and one not running engine. Period. No, well you should be happy for just paying $50k and get a hull cause it's still a good deal. I hate that! It isn't what the deal was supposed to be! As far as a survey goes, who knows how it would have turned out. How many threads here have been about bad surveyors and surveys lately? More than there have been positive that's for sure.

It boils down to 2 very simple concepts. First, as a seller, you should not lie to move the product. If you do, no matter how good a "deal" it is, you are still a lying POS. Second, when you get caught in the lie, you do not tell your customer "FU" if you still wish to do business. Short sightedness like this has killed many a business. Anyone read the Passport Marine thread lately? Short sightedness anyone? I went through a similar deal last year when buying a new trailer. It sucks when it happens to you.

Sorry Texoma, you are flat wrong. Consumers have the right to not be lied to no matter how good the "deal" is. Period.
EXACTlY, and their in lies the rub, regardless of what was paid, it was misrepresented. Stacey i will be on the Jammin on tha james run, come out and party with us.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM
  #182
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by never enuff View Post
If your trying to make a point why don't you use some other example. Maybe if you volunteered or attended one of those events you might not be so quick to make light of those participating.
Jay

I agree thats a pretty stupid comment..
jryan26 is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM
  #183
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
.who by the way still haven't represented all the facts.
Lets hear the facts..
jryan26 is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 09:08 PM
  #184
Registered
 
buck183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Siloam Springs, Ar.
My Boats: 1989 Cigarette Bullet
Posts: 4,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
is thread going to be deleted soon? WTF.
I don't see why it should. I think everyone is actually being pretty civil.

Buck
buck183 is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 PM
  #185
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Winning an argument on an online chatroom is like winning a race in the special olympics. You may win, but your still retarded
You are a despicable human being. Not only are you cold hearted towards a nice guy who got really screwed, your comment about the special Olympics is beyond offensive. If I was a moderator, you would be gone.
pasquesi is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 PM
  #186
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountainracing65 View Post
is thread going to be deleted soon? WTF.
Nope. What do they call those things in tx?.................... A 'lynchin boys. Blume you know what they are called. Help a jersey guy out here bro.

I was holding back because I really don't like to make a scene , but go Phuk yourself Tex. Time to go find another hobby.

I am not affiliated with OSO, nor do I speak on their behalf. These opinions are mine.

Can't wait to see my 5 friends at Jammin. Oh wait, make that 500 at Jammin and the other 49,000 elsewhere. Theres gotta be at least a thousand people that dont like me

Last edited by DollaBill; 04-30-2008 at 09:30 PM.
DollaBill is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 PM
  #187
Registered
Gold Member
Trade Score: (2)
 
asmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: chesapeake
My Boats: 2000 Cigarette Top Gun TS
Posts: 182
Default

I cant stress I dont have a dime in any of this, but the facts are being left out.The boat was sold as the motor ran the last time the boat was in the water. I know for a fact that it did because stacy called me from the water to get some parts to fix the motor that had just blown up. The boat sat all winter in storage where evidently water got into the motor. I believe stacy honestly dident know about. The motor would not crank and BOTH PARTIES ASSUMED that the battery was dead. My myco trailer was supposed to be sold with this deal and stacy refused because there was a title problem which easily could have been slipped in but stacy wanted to tell the guy about it and he opted not to buy it. If he wanted to screw someone that would have been the perfect oppertunity. By the way a fellow OSO Member screwded me on the trailer. Title says it is a south florida when it is a myco. I guess I should have come on here and cried foul. I also should have come on here last month after I just bought two bowtie blocks that were useless and sold as perfect. I should have gotten pictures my problem. I dident come on here and call this guy a POS. The yankee knows who he is. Or the prochargers from this board that blew up after two hours that were sold as low hours. I could go on and on. as a matter of fact I cant remember anything I have bought off of here that was sold as described except the OSO gladiator. There was a red flag when the motor wouldent start that was ignored. By the way to you guys who talked *hit about me I will be at the james poker run, I will be in a orange top gun or the OSO gladiator. And the remark about the special olympics you guys come on here and talk all this smack, and someone makes a remark, that I thought was hilarious by the way, and you want him thrown off the board. Seems a little hipocritical to me.
Allan Smith
asmith is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 PM
  #188
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith View Post
stacy called me from the water to get some parts to fix the motor that had just blown up. The boat sat all winter in storage where evidently water got into the motor.

Hey Allen
What part was he looking for? The head gasket? That seems to be a chitload of water getting in over the winter.
jryan26 is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
  #189
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Allan,

If you thought the Special Olympics comment was appropriate or funny, then you a tool.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 10:51 PM
  #190
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmith View Post
I cant stress I dont have a dime in any of this, but the facts are being left out.The boat was sold as the motor ran the last time the boat was in the water. I know for a fact that it did because stacy called me from the water to get some parts to fix the motor that had just blown up. The boat sat all winter in storage where evidently water got into the motor. I believe stacy honestly dident know about. The motor would not crank and BOTH PARTIES ASSUMED that the battery was dead. My myco trailer was supposed to be sold with this deal and stacy refused because there was a title problem which easily could have been slipped in but stacy wanted to tell the guy about it and he opted not to buy it. If he wanted to screw someone that would have been the perfect oppertunity. By the way a fellow OSO Member screwded me on the trailer. Title says it is a south florida when it is a myco. I guess I should have come on here and cried foul. I also should have come on here last month after I just bought two bowtie blocks that were useless and sold as perfect. I should have gotten pictures my problem. I dident come on here and call this guy a POS. The yankee knows who he is. Or the prochargers from this board that blew up after two hours that were sold as low hours. I could go on and on. as a matter of fact I cant remember anything I have bought off of here that was sold as described except the OSO gladiator. There was a red flag when the motor wouldent start that was ignored. By the way to you guys who talked *hit about me I will be at the james poker run, I will be in a orange top gun or the OSO gladiator. And the remark about the special olympics you guys come on here and talk all this smack, and someone makes a remark, that I thought was hilarious by the way, and you want him thrown off the board. Seems a little hipocritical to me.
Allan Smith
1. I'll take a MYCO (thats the way you say it) over anything else.
2. Its not our OSO glad anyomore. Now its yours
3. 83 signed members msg'd me that are coming to jammin
DollaBill is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
masher44
General Boating Discussion
30
04-29-2008 10:59 AM
zog02
General Boating Discussion
5
08-22-2005 09:20 AM
DanB
General Boating Discussion
3
12-16-2003 07:23 PM
boot
General Boating Discussion
45
04-28-2002 11:11 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.