Like Tree0Likes

Western diesel chips ,Update .........

Old 02-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Registered

Default Western diesel chips ,Update .........

Well as many of you know I posted on here the fact that I sell Western diesel products . Computer chips, exhaust ,etc to increase power and mileage . And offered a special deal to all OSO members .

Well alot of you wanted to know the facts .

I just installed a system on my new 2002 F350 crew cab single rear wheel ,4x4, 6 speed ,3.73 gears . I used the ram air kit , 3 stage power chip , and full 4" stainless exhaust . It is fantastic !!! Power like You could never beleive !
There is a STEEP hill near my house .that is my biggest test . It is only about 1/4 mile long but real ,real steep ! My 2000 Ford with an exhaust only would top this hill at 50mph . This truck with the chip set on low did it at 70 !!! I came up it today with an empty 14' ,2 horse trailer . I topped it at 55 !!! That was from 20 mph at the bottom . I didn't even try medium or high power ! THere is no hesitation at all . No turbo lag at all . Instant throttle response . As for fuel mileage ..........
Sell the Honda !! The trucks computer said it was getting 17.6 mpg stock . Today ( 200miles later ) with the system installed it says 26 MPG !!!! NO LIE !!! I will take a picture if you like . I do not beleive this and I am checking it for real when this tank is empty . But it is much better then stock and tons of power to boot . ha ha ha , get it ? (Boot) . Anyway . The response and orders from everyone interested is over whelming ! I have had to start a new e-mail for this alone . PLease respond to the diesel products @ [email protected] . If you use my other one I won't cry about it . If anyone would like I got some great brochures I would be happy to mail . And I can e-mail most info . there sight is http://www.westerndiesel.com/ Thanks for your interest in a great product . JOE

PS. I will post actual mileage when I check it for real .
Old 02-21-2002, 02:28 AM
Registered

Yes , you can also post quesions and coments on hear . I didn't mean to only e-mail me .

I don't mind sharing info with the "LURKERS " !
Old 02-21-2002, 02:36 AM
Charter Member #971
Charter Member

Boot, sorry I forgot to get back to you. Thanks for the info on the chip for my truck, even though you don't have anything, I appreciate the time you took to e-mail a response.

Les
Old 02-21-2002, 02:43 AM
Registered

No problem ! Good luck with it . If you find a product that will work and have quesions ,just ask . I have a desent amount of experience with many of the other companies products . Some work , Some don't .
Old 02-21-2002, 08:50 AM
Registered

My Boats: 37 Active Thunder

Joe,

Sent you an e-mail looking ofr some info on upgrades for my Excursion.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:02 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

Boot how much we lookin at for the selectable chip set that you have? Does it shift better?

Jon
Old 02-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

Thunderdan , I sent 2 e-mails last night . I got both back this morning . I will try again now .

Audiofn,For the FORD , The 3 stage chip retails for $770. A standard chip retails for $499 and is plenty of power ! You need to open your exhaust up some and at least put a better air filter in it . Their 4" stainless exhaust retails for $900-$1200 depending on the truck . I can put together a 304 grade stainless pipe to replace "CAT" .and a nice stainless mufler kit for about $320. The air filter is $60 .The ram air kit with filter retails for $499. If you are going to use this chip you need gauges to watch exhaust temp trans temp and boost .all three are $290. Guage mount is $70 Paint it to match interior is about 50.

Figure out what you think you want . And I will put together a package price that you will like !! I can't sell below retail but I can give something away if I want to you OSO members .

E-mail me at [email protected] Tell me what you think you want and I'll make you a great deal ! That goes for anyones else too . Just ask , And you shall receive !
Old 02-21-2002, 10:38 AM
Registered

My Boats: 37 Active Thunder

Joe,

Give me a call in my office at 856-767-5159 when you get a second.

thanks

you can resend the e-mail to [email protected]

dan
Old 02-21-2002, 10:47 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

My Boats: Boating,Motorcycling,Snowmobiling

Boot, what are your EGTs when in the performance mode???? Also curious as to what boost your pulling????
Old 02-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Registered

Audiofn ,they also make a trurbo brake . It is real nice . Kind of the same idea as a jake brake on a big truck but with out the noise . That retails for $495 for a manual trans and $529 for an automatic . It makes about 250 braking horse power ! Also ,yes the chip reprograms how the trans shifts , when it shifts , and controls torque converter lock up to reduce heat build up in trans ,gain power ,and increase mileage .

I'm temped to go out tonight and put about another 500 miles on so I can see if this mileage I'm seeing is right !

Neverfastenuf, Not sure On temps yet . I havn't had time to put gauges in yet . Did exhaust and about 2 weeks ago , ram air last week and and chip about 2 days ago . You know ,you have to do the customers vehicles sometimes too ! You can't just do your own ! I don't abuse my stuff for any reason . So I am not using it on high untill I have gauges .HOpefully next week . There was an artical I saw somewhere ,and can't find yet , Where an outside contractor was paid to test western diesels stuff on his truck . He pulled a 9000 lbs camper , did 0-60 tests & I think 40-70 tests thst were timed and checked for temps . I think it said something like he lost 150 degrees of temp with just the ram air . (already had his own exhaust ). ANd the chip and ram air lost 250 degrees of exhaust temp over stock !! I think his 0-60 stock with the truck was like 12or 15 seconds . With the chip he did the same time with the trailer !! I don't recomend pushing it to the floor loaded . That is hard on parts ! And is not needed with this system .It makes so much power at 1/4 throttle ,thats all you need . (If I can find this artical I will post it .)

I have 2 excursions to do (not including thunderdans yet) , 2 94 fords ,3 97 fords , 2 2000 fords,3 2001 fords , 2 F550's , 1 duramax , 1 2000 dodge ,& 2 2002 dodges . So I'm going to have some real good facts and test results for everyone . If I get cought up ! THanks ,JOE