Cmi Headers/525 Efi Problems? >

Cmi Headers/525 Efi Problems?

Notices

Cmi Headers/525 Efi Problems?

Old 01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Well Holy Chit!

Wildman, 150+/- all in fresh water, except a 1/2 hour test run before purchase. Should cover the Mapism question as well, and thanks M for the link I'll check it out.

Dean, don't know what to say, check for the extra supports and get them pressure tested? Is that a Donzi? I Can tell you for sure that it's colder than a Witches Tit up in Sevey's these days!

Dennis 1009, mine is an '06 and it has them, I think late '05 or early 06 was when the change was made, not really sure.

Whew! I need another cocktail!

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 01-08-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well Holy Chit!

Wildman, 150+/- all in fresh water, except a 1/2 hour test run before purchase. Should cover the Mapism question as well, and thanks M for the link I'll check it out.

Dean, don't know what to say, check for the extra supports and get them pressure tested? Is that a Donzi? I Can tell you for sure that it's colder than a Witches Tit up in Sevey's these days!

Dennis 1009, mine is an '06 and it has them, I think late '05 or early 06 was when the change was made, not really sure.

Whew! I need another cocktail!

Re,
Yep it's a 38 ZR, and I bet it IS colder than a WT in a brass bra, BUT it's no picnic down here either, low tonight is ~ 28 deg.

I'm going to check with Donzi about this issue and what if anything they have done or recommend, as far as extra supports, etc.....

Dean
Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Ttt
Old 01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by activatorf1
Also on closed cooling system is there antifreeze or raw water in header ?

Raw Water
Old 02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered

Nuwave Marine In Deptford NJ Offers An Patent Pending Automatic Header Drain System That Will Work And Any Engine With Cast Iron Or Header Type Exhaust
Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 PM
GK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am presently in the mist of a second repair of a CMI header for the same 525 motor. The first time CMI repaired the header and within a month it leaked. A second repair was done and it only lasted one hour! The header has now sent back to CMI for replacement. I am beyond trying to understand why CMI can't figure this out. I have spent some serious $ on a very poorly designed product that has inherent reputation in the market place that fails.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

That is unfortunate and most owners wont know they have a problem until they hydro lock an engine or get water in oil , that said this new header automatic drain system from Nuwave marine will drain both headers or cast iron header in seconds after key is turned to the off position
Old 02-07-2010, 06:56 PM
GK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My boat has been used in freshwater and I have always drained the headers after use/ Still problems.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 05 525's. Why does the one header seem to drain more water than the other?
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered

Let me clarify this system drains the headers every time you turn the key to the OFF position . You drained the headers every time you parked boat or turned key off ? We all know at some point weather you have stellings or CMI they are going to leak and with the automatic drain system it will make life easier . Think about it if you have a small crack it could leak while running and most likely be fine , but when you park a hot boat engine with hot headers full of water and you have a small crack water is going into engine . With this automatic drain system headers will be drained in seconds after key is turned to the off position and when started headers fill as normal

Quick Reply: Cmi Headers/525 Efi Problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.