Insurance guys...info needed >

Insurance guys...info needed

Notices

Insurance guys...info needed

Old 05-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance guys...info needed

We are in the process of looking at all of our insurance policies (home, auto, toys) and we have a company quoting our homeowners policy that says it will be cheaper to lump our boats and unlicenced rv's into our homeowners policy. We are not talking about high performance boats just a pontoon, runabout, two pwc's, and two snowmobiles. Obviously there is a plus side for doing this...saving some $$, but is there a down side I'm not seeing??
Old 05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,186 Likes on 515 Posts

Having all of your eggs in one insurance basket could cause you a problem, IF you get a bad moving violation. If you get a DUI or Reckless, or something like that; your insurance carrier could deem you a "higher risk" on all of the vehicles that you insure through them. In turn, they could jack up your rates accordingly, or even drop you/some vehicles.

That's about the only downside.

The best upside aside from savings; is such that an Umbrella Policy works pretty well when you have everything under one roof.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-14-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

I currently have all our personal insurance with one company now, just individual policies on everything. Good idea with regards to the umbrella policy.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default insurance packages

I write many policies for high net worth people with everything on one bill with AIG PRIVATE CLIENT GROUP including multiple homes,all their cars including collector cars,yachts,jewelry,and a 5 million dollar umbrella.I find that these people like having to write just one check for all these policies instead of separate checks for each one and it has become such a big part of our agency that we have 2 full time people involved with processing these policies.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

I would just make sure that there is some liability coverage if you lump it together.

I know when we were young our old V-20 Wellcraft was covered under homeowner's, but my father would always carry some liability in case someone got hurt or if there was an accident, especially one with injuries.

If it is all small stuff like you mentioned then the financial risk of losing the vessel isn't that much but the liability is still great.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info and ideas