Notices

Lake Champlain 2008

Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The piture of the big bass kind of makes it look like the kids dad caught it... whats up with that, the kid catches his biggest fish ever and the dad gets his piture taken with the fish, what's up with that
??
Old 08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation Just as head's up

The GF and I were out in Mallett's Bay Friday afternoon. After going through the Cut, we noticed several tree limbs and assorted debris in the water. I grabbed one and moved it to shore. It was about 10 feet long, six inches in diameter. Another was way too big to move, so I tried a little wake action to move it.

With the water still high and the river's flowing, lots of things in the lake now that can lead to a very expensive boating venture.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpmac
Frank
There's the restaurant at the south end of Treadwell, at the Champlain Marina that has good grub (we ate there just last weekend....good ribs) and free dockage for dinners. You can check with them to confirm a place to crash. If not, had back down to Plattsburgh, to the Boat Basin (The Turtle) and the dockage at Clare & Carls rest (just opposite of the boat basin's gas docks). Plenty of room, free and we've over-nighted there several times this year. You can either grab breakfast at Clare & Carls or walk up the street a bit to the Corner Rest for a better breakfast (opens at 6am). There's even a place to walk your hound!!!
were you at Point Au Roche on sunday? tied up next to a 23 outlaw?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 AM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Yes.....there were two groups of us seperated by a bit because of the boat traffic.......you should have pulled in. Always feel free to hook-up with us......the more the merrier!! Our Vt contingent hooked-up over at Thayers!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

Yes.....there were two groups of us seperated by a bit because of the boat traffic.......you should have pulled in. Always feel free to hook-up with us......the more the merrier!! Our Vt contingent hooked-up over at Thayers!!!
we pulled in over on the other side of the 30' Cruisers boat...probably around 4:30 or so...i used to ride bikes with Dave that owns the outlaw and my buddy dates the daughter of the guy with the 30' Cruisers.
i saw you pull out and i thought that was you, never heard of another Chase on the lake.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:33 AM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Velocity4Me
awesome weekend in Burlington, the maritime festival was great, overnighted at Breakwaters doc and caught some great music, hooked up with some friends for some other land and water activities
Tom.......We stayed in your neck-of-the-woods Saturday night in the back of Mallets and shot back over to NY Sunday early. Sky looked a bit better over Threadwell. I know Jean came over for a recon and visited a bit...we were thinking of a quick cruise over but was tied up in the middle of things! My phone when swimming with me Saturday so I had P's all weekend Will post some pic's later. This week looks great...thinking of Breakwaters Thursday afternoon for sure. Will try and bust out early Friday also...I'll call!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 AM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Slinky
we pulled in over on the other side of the 30' Cruisers boat...probably around 4:30 or so...i used to ride bikes with Dave that owns the outlaw and my buddy dates the daughter of the guy with the 30' Cruisers.
i saw you pull out and i thought that was you, never heard of another Chase on the lake.
My bad then......I should have come over for an intro....I did see you slip in!!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Registered

My bad then......I should have come over for an intro....I did see you slip in!!
its cool next time we'll get over there a little earlier and hang out. When we first got there we went over to the left side of the beach near the big rocks cause i didnt really recognize any boats. Then when my buddy called we headed over your way.
I also knew some boats that were closer to the swimming area. Larry Matott and the Deso's.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Talking

Originally Posted by bmacgyver
The piture of the big bass kind of makes it look like the kids dad caught it... whats up with that, the kid catches his biggest fish ever and the dad gets his piture taken with the fish, what's up with that
??
It had a lot to do with the idea of Michael putting his fingers in the fishes mouth.IT'S all fun and games till someone loses a finger.Right Bobby?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Slinky
its cool next time we'll get over there a little earlier and hang out. When we first got there we went over to the left side of the beach near the big rocks cause i didnt really recognize any boats. Then when my buddy called we headed over your way.
I also knew some boats that were closer to the swimming area. Larry Matott and the Deso's.
Ya, Larry & Jim never saw us buried behind the cruisers either...we were right on the beach!

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.