Notices

Lake Champlain 2008

Old 07-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GLH
The key is to go through at odd hours.

Went to get the boat detailed Monday morning... Got to the Canadian border at 6:45 AM No one there.... Picked up the phone and they cleared me on the phone with a confirmation number.........

My guess is US customs will be a little more involved but time yourself at odd hours.

The best bet if your Canadian is pass the border with the rig on the trailer and put in in the US.
no one in burlington that can handle detailing that dingy? haha

what time did you leave your place to make it to RP by 645? the lake has got to be beautiful at that time of the morning.

Jeff what time of the day did you go through the border? I definately wouldnt want to go trough there anytime after 9am or before 6pm. That really puts a damper on the day having to wait around like that.

BTW the Bar at Barcombs marina is under new ownership and supposed to be re-opened in the next month under the name "The Last Resort"...have you guys ever been in there?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:41 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Slinky
no one in burlington that can handle detailing that dingy? haha

what time did you leave your place to make it to RP by 645? the lake has got to be beautiful at that time of the morning.

Jeff what time of the day did you go through the border? I definately wouldnt want to go trough there anytime after 9am or before 6pm. That really puts a damper on the day having to wait around like that.

BTW the Bar at Barcombs marina is under new ownership and supposed to be re-opened in the next month under the name "The Last Resort"...have you guys ever been in there?
Not the way I wanted it, only two lifts can raise that thing anyway.

Got to the boat at 4:40am and left around 5:15 cruised slowly up the lake watching the sun rise with no one but the ferries running.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Not the way I wanted it, only two lifts can raise that thing anyway.

Got to the boat at 4:40am and left around 5:15 cruised slowly up the lake watching the sun rise with no one but the ferries running.
You have them pull it out and do a full detail top to bottom? i'm sure thats an all day affair...i hate having to do it to my 21ft

That morning runs something i'd like to do some day...but probably wont happen anywhere in the near future.

One of the guys I boat with was telling me that last summer they had to pull a big cruiser out of the lake at i believe snug harbor (i could be way off)...the only way they could get it out of the lake was by offloading 1000 gallons of diesle...the deal was when they put it back in the water they would put the 1000 gallons back in...i think the harbor lost a little money on that deal.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kanookstr
Water is much warmer here but muddier as well
you keep the boat in the water there? or trailer it? Is there a decent swimming area worthing anchoring the boat at?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you keep the boat in the water there? or trailer it? Is there a decent swimming area worthing anchoring the boat at?
The closes place is south around the corner in Maquam bay. theres no beach but theres sandy shallows. My boat spends the two weeks in the water. depending on which boat I bring will determine how far I venture. they both handle the big waters and both have twins, but one has only a 50 Gal tank and runs only on 93 octane which doesn't leave me any water fill ups.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

The closes place is south around the corner in Maquam bay. theres no beach but theres sandy shallows. My boat spends the two weeks in the water. depending on which boat I bring will determine how far I venture. they both handle the big waters and both have twins, but one has only a 50 Gal tank and runs only on 93 octane which doesn't leave me any water fill ups.
twins on a 50 Gal tank? i'd say thats pushing it...what do most marinas have for octanes? i've never had to fill up at one, everything i ever owned i trailer. You would think most boats today run on atleast 89 ocatane
Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

twins on a 50 Gal tank? i'd say thats pushing it...what do most marinas have for octanes? i've never had to fill up at one, everything i ever owned i trailer. You would think most boats today run on atleast 89 ocatane
This one runs on 93 there 2.5 EFI 280 hps.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Champlain 2008-odyssey-pontoon.jpg   Lake Champlain 2008-toonengine.jpg  

Last edited by Kanookstr; 07-10-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered

This one runs on 93 there 2.5 EFI 280 hps.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 372 Likes on 250 Posts

anyone on the lake this w-end?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
anyone on the lake this w-end?
I heard i missed out on a great day saturday!
installed new appliances in the house in the morning then tried to finish up a new motor install in my dads waverunner..damn i hate those things!

next saturday if the weather is nice we should be heading down to the turtle for the night.

I watched 2 probably 30 footers running side by side near the north end of Islelamont(sp) on saturday around noonish. they werent wasting their time thats for sure!

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.