Notices
View Poll Results: would you sell for 5k or hold out for more? 250k purchase
take the deal
78.69%
hold out for more.. its not my boat anyway..
18.03%
only one guy would do that
3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

brokers give me a break

Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I'm not a fan of brokers or real estate agents, but if they have a contract for a % of selling price ie; 10 % of 250K thats 25K, if the price of the boat drops to 225k thats still 22.5k. the broker, ultimately yes would like to make more, same as the seller, is the 5K gross? regardles the % is the %...broker shouldn't be asked to come down on his fee, the boat owner makes all the decisions.
I agree with you 100%!
Old 05-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered

OSD, a fan of us or not... I wish more people would look at it that way. Thank you
Old 05-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
walk with 5k or wait?
take the 5 K & walk BIG DADDY , put the 250K in a good biotech stock _ _ _ _ before the 29th of this month and roll it into 1.5 mil by year end good luck
Old 05-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
take the 5 K & walk BIG DADDY , put the 250K in a good biotech stock _ _ _ _ before the 29th of this month and roll it into 1.5 mil by year end good luck
RunninHot,

Jeff is talking about paying a broker when he buys a boat.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

I'm not a fan of brokers or real estate agents, but if they have a contract for a % of selling price ie; 10 % of 250K thats 25K, if the price of the boat drops to 225k thats still 22.5k. the broker, ultimately yes would like to make more, same as the seller, is the 5K gross? regardles the % is the %...broker shouldn't be asked to come down on his fee, the boat owner makes all the decisions.
If I can get you a better rate than you can get at yor own bank why would you have a problem with a broker....bottom line is I will save you money....
Old 05-19-2008, 02:27 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

It's ok. I'll change your mind over a beer or 30 in OC

If you're working with a professional (which I believe are about 2% of any discipline) you should get product of excellent "value". Meaning a combination of quality and price that equals a great experience at the time of purchase and over the course of ownership.

And, while we are at it, lets discuss what a "broker", what a "salesperson" and what the "others" are. I'll start a new thread so this one isn't highjacked. I've been asked to do this for a couple years so I guess it's a perfect time

Last edited by DollaBill; 05-19-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

$5K..... You'd have to be despirate...

I've found that the deals that don't bring any commission are the deals that for some reason or another have you doing more work than is expected and the person paying the small fee feels that you should provide the same services as if they were paying you full boat.

Not worth wasting your time on small deals and favors because they always wind up being the most amount of work. Saying no to business was the toughest thing for me to learn in sales but looking back it's one of the best skills to acquire.

My $.02
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Panther
$5K..... You'd have to be despirate...

I've found that the deals that don't bring any commission are the deals that for some reason or another have you doing more work than is expected and the person paying the small fee feels that you should provide the same services as if they were paying you full boat.

Not worth wasting your time on small deals and favors because they always wind up being the most amount of work. Saying no to business was the toughest thing for me to learn in sales but looking back it's one of the best skills to acquire.

My $.02
Bingo!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by DollaBill
It's ok. I'll change your mind over a beer or 30 in OC

If you're working with a professional (which I believe are about 2% of any discipline) you should get product of excellent "value". Meaning a combination of quality and price that equals a great experience at the time of purchase and over the course of ownership.

And, while we are at it, lets discuss what a "broker", what a "salesperson" and what the "others" are. I'll start a new thread so this one isn't highjacked. I've been asked to do this for a couple years so I guess it's a perfect time
Know what you guys are right, brokers offer a service, the same as real estate agents do, and having been lied to by both of them it makes one have a different opinion. Being in sales myself, we all are offering a product. We all go to work everyday to make money, profit isn't a bad thing/word. Unfortunately both industries above have unscrupulous people in them, (some of the scum from boats wound up in real estate, Hionas and Chips Unc Fred).
I wont deny anyone a living, it has to do with honoring the terms of the contract, being involved in the car industry, we are already viewed as liars and thieves, some are, but that is people in general. Your word is one thing that no matter what, in the end, if you cant be trusted for your word, you have nothing...

And like Fwank says, not all business is good business.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Het offshore you are right....I try to instill values in everyone I come in contact with....even my daughter....you can spend years building relashionships with people....screw them over one time and you can never go back....If I can't take a person at there word then I have no use for them....My daughter still doesn't get it...and it really pisses me off....

Quick Reply: brokers give me a break

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.