Like Tree0Likes

Any Old Timers still around here?

Reply
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM
  #241
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
My Boats: one slow Fountain, one fast ice boat.
Posts: 3,840
Default

Still checking in for the tech advice, the for sales and read some of the drama.
ed
Interceptor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 08:53 PM
  #242
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
mcollinstn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: tn
My Boats: 1991 F311SR1
Posts: 5,491
Default Reminiscing.

I popped on here a few days ago to find a link to a video of a boat I'm making parts for. I stumbled onto this old thread. Wow, just wow.

I still don't have a paid membership, I'm still cash poor and struggling to figure out a way to swing the cashflow curve in the right direction.

I still have a Formula 311 for sale that has 1 more hour on it than it did 3 years ago and is basically like a time capsule back to 1991 when it was brand new.

I still love boats, but have no spare time to get my stuff out of mothballs to get on the water.

I got remarried 19 months ago. Really great woman.
My kids are all great, and I have 2 more now.

I still have a time-management problem, I work too much and don't leave myself enough energy to be as effective for my family as I should, but I'm working on that. It's getting better.

I just got finished mapping the geometry for Merc #Six drive spacers, so if anybody needs drive spacers, I can hook ya up. Just made a set of 1"ers for a 32 Skater with Ilmors and Sixes, and I can make em any thickness you want.

I enjoyed making these spacers cause it's about as close to boating as I get these days. Maybe I need to start doing more of this sort of stuff...

Still doing custom machining and industrial tooling support.
Also doing product development and marketing of some consumer electronics and such.

I'm selling giant chromed nuts to hang off your truck bumper to offer a more family friendly alternative to the pornographic rubber bull balls you see on trucks.

I've essentially been working myself silly to cover 75% of overhead for a few years now, but it doesn't feel like it's the right time to stop trying yet.

Anyhow, I promise I will keep an ear to OSO better these days.
...and if you need a set of #6 drive spacers (or any other custom machining), I'm your huckleberry.

and since I'm still not a paid member, I still can't get Private Messages.

MC
mcollinstn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:14 AM
  #243
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcollinstn View Post
Anyhow, I promise I will keep an ear to OSO better these days.
Welcome back...again...sort of
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:41 PM
  #244
Who Me?
Platinum Member
 
FeverMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Tampa
My Boats: 2006 38TE Fountain
Posts: 6,656
Default

Still here...I post from time to time.

The last few years I have been at the track with my car than on the water with my boat.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Old Timers still around here?-chin-sebring-apr.18-19-2009-dl-2-119_2.jpg  
FeverMike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:52 PM
  #245
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcollinstn View Post
I popped on here a few days ago to find a link to a video of a boat I'm making parts for. I stumbled onto this old thread. Wow, just wow.

I still don't have a paid membership, I'm still cash poor and struggling to figure out a way to swing the cashflow curve in the right direction.

I still have a Formula 311 for sale that has 1 more hour on it than it did 3 years ago and is basically like a time capsule back to 1991 when it was brand new.

I still love boats, but have no spare time to get my stuff out of mothballs to get on the water.

I got remarried 19 months ago. Really great woman.
My kids are all great, and I have 2 more now.

I still have a time-management problem, I work too much and don't leave myself enough energy to be as effective for my family as I should, but I'm working on that. It's getting better.

I just got finished mapping the geometry for Merc #Six drive spacers, so if anybody needs drive spacers, I can hook ya up. Just made a set of 1"ers for a 32 Skater with Ilmors and Sixes, and I can make em any thickness you want.

I enjoyed making these spacers cause it's about as close to boating as I get these days. Maybe I need to start doing more of this sort of stuff...

Still doing custom machining and industrial tooling support.
Also doing product development and marketing of some consumer electronics and such.

I'm selling giant chromed nuts to hang off your truck bumper to offer a more family friendly alternative to the pornographic rubber bull balls you see on trucks.

I've essentially been working myself silly to cover 75% of overhead for a few years now, but it doesn't feel like it's the right time to stop trying yet.

Anyhow, I promise I will keep an ear to OSO better these days.
...and if you need a set of #6 drive spacers (or any other custom machining), I'm your huckleberry.

and since I'm still not a paid member, I still can't get Private Messages.

MC
I always enjoyed your posts, I'll pm heather and a years membership is on me. Thanks for always helping out...
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:07 PM
  #246
The Illustrious One
Charter Member
 
sean stinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Internationally Famous
My Boats: Back on the dock!!!!!!!
Posts: 3,272
Default

I am here still lurk more than post these days but here quite often!!!!
__________________
Dying,....Is the day worth living for!!!!!!
sean stinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:38 PM
  #247
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
I always enjoyed your posts, I'll pm heather and a years membership is on me. Thanks for always helping out...
Nice!
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 PM
  #248
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
My Boats: yeah....that one
Posts: 2,749
Default

stil here .....zero boats life is good lol
SLINGSHOT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 AM
  #249
Charter Member #94
Charter Member
 
Gordo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New Port Richey, FL
My Boats: 1999 Active Thunder 25' Factory 1 Race Edition
Posts: 2,646
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeverMike View Post
Still here...I post from time to time.

The last few years I have been at the track with my car than on the water with my boat.
Old llamas never die, eh Mike?
Glad to see you're still out there burnin fuel
__________________
Abby-someone
Gordo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 AM
  #250
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Welcome back MC. Nice of drillin to pony up a year for you.

I'll take the nuts for my Ram dually. If you click on my name you should be able to P{M me with the info.

Again, welcome back old-timer!
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Indy
General Boating Discussion
67
02-04-2010 10:21 AM
BROWNIE
General Boating Discussion
5
03-02-2007 08:36 PM
Ron P
General Boating Discussion
24
06-24-2003 04:54 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.