Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az. >

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Notices

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm curious as to why you other guys have had your posts pulled down. someone needs to get to the bottom of this. i wouldn't see a problem with members posting offering a hand, or one asking for help....isn't that what makes this site so dang great?!?!? everyone is always wiling to help out another member in a bind. what's next...we can't post ?'s asking for troubleshooting tips with our boats? o joy! on more then one occasion you guys have all bailed me out of a bind and i hope it will continue that way. offering to haul something for someone on the board shouldn't be a crime. but aparently it's going that direction.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

offering to haul a boat should be done in the truck and trailer section. also you run into the problem of a someone doing a favor verus a pro with the proper insurance. Just last week a person hired someone to haul a boat from chicago to ft lauderdale and he wrecked the trailer and had no insurance to cover it.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:41 PM

You have to be very careful with who you let haul your boat. Even some of the guys that are supposed to be professionals damage boats and don't own up to it.
I have a buddy that hired a guy that was supposed to be a professional to haul a boat from Fl. to Mi. The boat hauler damaged the boat on the way and then left it at a well known dealer and hired another transporter to bring it on to Mi. and take the blame for the damage.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Freeryd
i wouldn't see a problem with members posting offering a hand, or one asking for help....isn't that what makes this site so dang great?!?!? everyone is always wiling to help out another member in a bind. what's next...we can't post ?'s asking for troubleshooting tips with our boats? o joy! offering to haul something for someone on the board shouldn't be a crime.
Agreed! I mean, I understand the pro's & con's, and warnings, etc, but what's the point in having a forum like this if we cannot offer to help each other out once in a while??? I kinda thought this was a free country!

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-24-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
offering to haul a boat should be done in the truck and trailer section. also you run into the problem of a someone doing a favor verus a pro with the proper insurance. Just last week a person hired someone to haul a boat from chicago to ft lauderdale and he wrecked the trailer and had no insurance to cover it.
are you kidding ? i did post it in that forum, still got deleted 5 days in a row. how about you and the people that get these post deleted from any forum section we put them in. let the boat owners decide who hauls there boat, i am pretty sure that any one old enough to own a boat can make decisions on there own. so anyone out there that needed there boat hauled two weeks ago i did a loop from upstate new york to knoxville tn. to va. beach and back, i could off done the trip in reverse if needed. boats, rv's and fifth wheels.

Last edited by 32 hustler; 05-25-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't want my boat hauled over the road in reverse, who would? And even if you're doing someone a favor by hauling their boat, if you can't prove ownership if stopped by DOT police, the boat and truck will not be allowed to moved. If you're not insured and licensed, you should only haul your own boat.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned

hustler I am not a board mod person, just another member on this site. The problem is like bowtie said if you get stopped and don't have the proper paperwork showing you are for hire then you can't move and the boat owner gets mad. Also alot of members are under the impression that if they give their boat to someone to haul that there personal insurance will cover the boat. If there is a problem the insurance will tell you that you paid for hire and they will tell you to file your claim with the person you paid. Again this happened last week and the new boat owner is now out a new trailer.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:56 AM

hustler I am not a board mod person, just another member on this site. The problem is like bowtie said if you get stopped and don't have the proper paperwork showing you are for hire then you can't move and the boat owner gets mad. Also alot of members are under the impression that if they give their boat to someone to haul that there personal insurance will cover the boat. If there is a problem the insurance will tell you that you paid for hire and they will tell you to file your claim with the person you paid. Again this happened last week and the new boat owner is now out a new trailer.
Jeff,
According the the Federal Motor Carriers your authority was revoked back in 1996 and you have no insurance on file with them. So how are doing all this legally?
See the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Jeff Murray.pdf (67.1 KB, 215 views)
Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Banned

that is with an old car carrier company that I owned and shut down in 2000. I now have a new or different dot number that has nothing to do with the old corporation. But neither you or anyone else on here knows that. I had two different dot numbers between 1991 and 2000 with two auto transport companies that I owned. I get pulled in to many scales just like you and am on my way in a short while. Mostly to check that my oversize permits are correct.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM

that is with an old car carrier company that I owned and shut down in 2000. I now have a new or different dot number that has nothing to do with the old corporation. But neither you or anyone else on here knows that. I had two different dot numbers between 1991 and 2000 with two auto transport companies that I owned. I get pulled in to many scales just like you and am on my way in a short while. Mostly to check that my oversize permits are correct.
Jeff, you and I both know that a US DOT is not good enough for transporting boats for hire.
A US DOT number is only good for Privet Carriers (Hauling only things you own) Or Exempt Commodities and boats are not a exempt commodity. You must obtain a US DOT number if you truck is over 10,000 but that number does not give you the authority to "HAUL FOR HIRE".

Here is a link for anyone that has questions.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/about/other...aqs.asp#name22

A USDOT Number is required if you have:

vehicles that are over 10,000 lbs,
if you transport between 9 and 15 passengers (including the driver) for compensation,
if you transport 16 or more passengers, or
haul hazardous materials in interstate commerce.

If you are operating as a "for-hire" motor carrier of regulated commodities or passengers in interstate commerce, you must also obtain interstate Operating Authority (MC Number) unless your "for-hire" operation is limited to the transportation of exempt commodities, or you operate within a commercial zone, exempt from the interstate Operating Authority rules. Information about commercial zone exemptions may be found at 49 CFR 372.

Quick Reply: Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.