Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az. >

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Notices

Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jb that does not work sometimes. If the carrier is a contract carrier instead of a common carrier the cargo will not show. It only shows if you are common.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JB4Boyne
I believe this is the number you can call to check them out. But remember to ask if they have a valid I.C.C. MC number. A DOT number doesn't give you the right to "Haul For Hire"

(202)358-7069 Also ask the amount of cargo insurance they have on file.

Here is a link so you can check and see if they have a I.C.C. Number and the status.
li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist

good info, now my understanding is that if a hauler is violating laws IE: not for hire, no mc# no ICC etc. and there was an accident the commercial cargo insurance claim could be declined because it was on the road illegally leaving the owner of the item on the hook when the hauler disapears, Kind of like if you are sitting at a light drunk and get rear ended it is your fault because you can not be legally on the road. is this correct?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Banned

jb if you have contract authority and not common your cargo wll not show up on the safer site. I am done with this thread since it is going nowhere. My customers know me and thats all that matters instead of this thread getting into a pissing match. JB good luck in finding your boat to haul. good nite
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 AM

Jeff, you really have me confused here. If you are trip leasing thru your buddies co. and using his authority the only insurance you need to have is bobtail. When you are under his lease his insurance is covering the boat not yours so what good is for you to have someone call your insurance co.
You also need to have his co. name on the side of your truck while under lease and also have the boat owner write the check out to your buddies co. and not to you. I have seen many pictures on here of you hauling other peoples boats with no name or ICC number displayed on the side of your truck.

I'm just trying to help you out here buddy, I would hate to see you or anyone else hauling illegally.

I have noticed for some time that every time someone makes a post on here looking for a boat to haul you always come on and say they are doing it illegal and telling everyone to check them out.
I'm doing the same thing. I'm just giving people with the whole truth and ways for them to check it out.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Registered

Jeff, you really have me confused here. If you are trip leasing thru your buddies co. and using his authority the only insurance you need to have is bobtail. When you are under his lease his insurance is covering the boat not yours so what good is for you to have someone call your insurance co.
You also need to have his co. name on the side of your truck while under lease and also have the boat owner write the check out to your buddies co. and not to you. I have seen many pictures on here of you hauling other peoples boats with no name or ICC number displayed on the side of your truck.

I'm just trying to help you out here buddy, I would hate to see you or anyone else hauling illegally.

I have noticed for some time that every time someone makes a post on here looking for a boat to haul you always come on and say they are doing it illegal and telling everyone to check them out.
I'm doing the same thing. I'm just giving people with the whole truth and ways for them to check it out.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:11 AM

I'm not trying to start anything. I just want people to understand the law.
I would hate to see a OSO brother or anyone for that matter be out some big $$$.
Say a guy has $5,000,000,000 in cargo insurance and he damages your boat. Before the insurance company pays out they will do a investigation and if they find the the carrier is operating illegally, they don't have to pay for the boat. And you know insurance co. they will do anything they can to hang on to their money.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to start anything. I just want people to understand the law.
I would hate to see a OSO brother or anyone for that matter be out some big $$$.
Say a guy has $5,000,000,000 in cargo insurance and he damages your boat. Before the insurance company pays out they will do a investigation and if they find the the carrier is operating illegally, they don't have to pay for the boat. And you know insurance co. they will do anything they can to hang on to their money.
Don't C anything wrong w/ someone try'n 2 point out proper procedure! Help keep all of us out of trouble! Thanx JB
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

JB4 has the proper documentation and haul numbers stated.

And I don't think he hauls boats around much, just his wagon.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Don't C anything wrong w/ someone try'n 2 point out proper procedure! Help keep all of us out of trouble! Thanx JB
Ditto. Thanks JB. Appreciate the information and keeping everything on the up and up.
Reads to me like Chubby has a bad case of the pot calling the kettle black. Always jumps in saying everyone else is illegal or not enough insurance, when it seems he's the one that is more questionable than all the others combined.

Someone begins to point that out and he turns it into a pizzing match yet consistently fails to clearly set the record straight.

I'm just glad I don't need a boat hauled anywhere.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
jb if you have contract authority and not common your cargo wll not show up on the safer site. I am done with this thread since it is going nowhere. My customers know me and thats all that matters instead of this thread getting into a pissing match. JB good luck in finding your boat to haul. good nite
You are the self proclaimed expert at over the road hauling, DOT regulations, carrier insurance, how to haul a boat, etc. Yet, you have had your certification INVOLUNTARILY REVOKED, and have been arrested and extradited across the country, for grand theft. DO you think it's about time to just shut up and go away? You are a fraud, and the biggest blowhole on this site. Shut up and let other haulers who are not criminals alone.

Quick Reply: Need Boat To Haul From Mi. To Az.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.