Like Tree0Likes

Spend your Gov. Check the right way.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Registered

My Boats: 3000 HP Tug, 38' Scarab

Well put bro....I'm with Paradox on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
I wish we would and could. If the Gov. would be handled like a private business eterprise.. I gurantfreekingtie it.. we would not have defficit in the trilliens.
Employees have insurance, 401K's health benefits, cont education programs etc. etc and on and on.
Honest working class making hard erned $'s desreve to get some brakes at times.
I'm sure most of the forums point is that the $600 goes to some low life. illigal alliens with some alias names or some relatives of theirs and not where it would do some good.
The other problem is not that I'm not getting $600..but if I have to pay for the $600 and the loan to cover it.. I want to say where or who should it go. DO the math.. How many people will receive $600?? and how many people will have to provide that $600? Honestly... the several $600's I had to "provide" thats how many $600 less I will provide at Christmas, or bonuses. And for the record,, the typ. mid. or upper mid. class people do not have nearly the risks and potential losses that some of the "bigger" guys do.
I would love to pay a few mills in taxes... that means I made 50-60 mill. HOWEVER... our gov. finds a way to frak up my business every which way you can imagine. More BS red tapes, BS legal shlt, insurance...etc.. etc.. then anywhere else in the world. What's worse.. the jobs are going overseas more and more, and more. You want to make America strong again? world of the free?? free entrprize?? get all the libs out of Washington,, get all the special interest groups out of North America.. leve the rest of the World alone for the rest of the World to deal with,, fix "home", and let me run my own business as profitable and succesfull as I can. Remember,, the more I make.. the more I can pay,, the more I can pay.. the more employees will have to spend. Live me alone, and if I fail? then it's my fault,, but while trying to succeed the gov. holds me back. (my 0.2)
Old 05-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

My Boats: 40 Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulfur1 View Post
Yeah well, the little guys like me are sick and tired of the people that make good money complain. I understand that you all pay more taxes, and I'm sorry to hear that. I personally believe that it should go to a flat tax nation wide. I mean when guys like me are listening to people that just bought a new car a new house and most often a new boat then they turn aound and complain about taxes. Well, you make more you get taxed more, sorry...suck it up! Don't like it find something else to do. Theres consequences for everything. Man that chit burns me!
Three kids through private schools,no grants or government loans because of my income.The amount I pay for college covers the kids who sucked up the free education and now will go to college on a grant or low interest loan.You want to talk about burning.You got it right flat tax would make it even for everyone.
Just remember the larger the home more exspensive the toys the more taxes we pay.If I want to complain thats my GOD given right.I have friends that took the easy way out all throurgh life and tell me how nice it must be,that f**king chaps my a**.They work there 8-5 job and never look back and dont have a clue about big business or what it means to give up so many freedoms for the company it took 30 yrs to build.
If you want to be pissed be pissed because the people who do the voices for the simpsons want 500 k per show because 360k is not enough.Be pissed at the players who sign million $$ contracts to play a sport.
Dont ***** at the hard working people on this site who have it better than you.You suck it up *****.
Also if there was a flat tax you would pay more and I would pay less!!Its call equal taxation.Dont punish people for during well because we can spend it in any country and if this country dont get its **** together
thats what most people will do.
Attached Thumbnails
Spend your Gov. Check the right way.-sunset-front.jpg   Spend your Gov. Check the right way.-sunset-rear-view.jpg   Spend your Gov. Check the right way.-skater-rest.jpg  

Last edited by HotPursuit; 05-23-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

hot pursuit, what field of work are you in, im in the wrong industry!!

Last edited by showtime83; 05-23-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2014 Cigarette 39 GTS

I'm all for a flat tax! Let EVERYONE pay their share.

Sulpher1, no one said that YOU don't work hard for a living.

This whole conversation is not directed toward anyone in particular, but toward a broken system.

If business owners did not get kicked in the nuts by the system, then EVERYONE would reap the benefits. Every business owner I know would like to pay their people as much as fiscally possible, but the way it is we give it to UNCLE to squander how it sees fit.

It will get MUCH worse for all if the left has anything to say about it.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

My Boats: 28 Apache

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
I'm all for a flat tax! Let EVERYONE pay their share.

Sulpher1, no one said that YOU don't work hard for a living.

This whole conversation is not directed toward anyone in particular, but toward a broken system.

If business owners did not get kicked in the nuts by the system, then EVERYONE would reap the benefits. Every business owner I know would like to pay their people as much as fiscally possible, but the way it is we give it to UNCLE to squander how it sees fit.

It will get MUCH worse for all if the left has anything to say about it.
I agree everyone pay their fair share. However it really does not tend to work that way. The middle class are the ones that pay the bills and also feel it the most when prices go up. I believe the checks where a joke from day one. Since the US didn't have the money in the first place. The dollar is hurting big time. We took over a country with a huge oil supply and what do we have to show for it. Supply is not the main problem you also need to refine it and where in the US can we do that now? I don't care what party they belong to they all look out for number one.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently

Quote:
Yeah well, the little guys like me are sick and tired of the people that make good money complain. I understand that you all pay more taxes, and I'm sorry to hear that. I personally believe that it should go to a flat tax nation wide. I mean when guys like me are listening to people that just bought a new car a new house and most often a new boat then they turn aound and complain about taxes. Well, you make more you get taxed more, sorry...suck it up! Don't like it find something else to do. Theres consequences for everything. Man that chit burns me!
I don't think that anyone is complaining. I am by no means rich, but I have worked my azz off for everything that I have.

Maybe this is the best explanation for the situation. Read below:

Father/Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many
others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and
among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to
support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a
feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had
participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her
father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he
thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on
the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed
objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she
indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in
school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let
him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very
difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to
go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a
boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all
her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, 'How is your friend Audrey doing?' She
replied, 'Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she
never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus;
college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots
of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over.'

Her wise father asked his daughter,

'Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your
GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both
have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of
GPA.'

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired
back, 'That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard
for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey
has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my
tail off!'

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican
party.'

Old 05-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

My Boats: 94 32' Fever, 81 30' Shadow Cat

OldSchool, Nice
Old 05-23-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Quote:
Boy it must be nice to make 75-150k a year. I make less than 75k and I'm happy with what I have. You all making more than 75-150k a year shouldn't be complaining, whats a measly 600 to you anyway. Man the people on this damn forum. You have good jobs paying good money and want more...greedy. Be thankful for what you have
You know, I'm married with 3 children, one in college, a couple homes, have the toys and work my ass off to afford them. I have two companies and look at it that I am responsible for the well being of every one of my employees and their families. I work my azz of to make it happen and won't see a check. As a matter of fact I have a problem with the checks anyway. They are nothing more than politicans pandering for votes. That coupled with the fact that there are people who only pay a few bucks in and will reap a rather large reward....to me that is offensive. There is a huge difference between what you consider greed and common sence. If you truly want to see this country thrive then cut the taxes for those who have businesses that invest in it. No country has ever taxed themselves into prosperity. Take the damn handcuffs off and you'll see the greatness of this country shine once again. Oh, and I am damn happy for what I have.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500

OldSchool, that sounds like a lot of the girls I went to school with once they joined the real world.

It's easy to say "share the wealth" when you're on the receiving side.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

My Boats: 43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza

Oldschool, Very accurate. I remember in 1972, (getting old), I was to be the first 18 year old class to vote. I wasn't sure what to register and was talking with my Grandfather. When I asked his opinion, he asked, "Are you a conservative?" I said I wasn't sure and he asked, "Do you shop for good deals or just buy the first thing you see no matter what the price?" I said I shop to try and find the best deal, not just the cheapest but the best overall deal. He said you are a conservative then, the Liberals just like to give your money away to whoever they please, not shop for the best deal. They do not even pretend to invest in hardworking people who have problems, but because they want voters beholden to them, they tend to make people dependent on government to provide for them and that way they get reelected. Then he said, "Register Republican, but I have never voted a straight ticket in my life." (He was around 65 at the time.) I followed his advice, and still have yet to vote a straight ticket. i always look for the fiscal conservative.