Like Tree0Likes

Problems with Chat

Reply
Old 02-22-2002, 10:47 PM
  #1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Problems with Chat

We have noticed that some people are having trouble getting the chat room. Let's start off with this question. What browser are you using and what version is it? Please only list this and then we will go on to some other questions. OSO
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:02 PM
  #2
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default Never

I've never been able to get in. Each new time I try, it asks me to load the software, I click yes, loads it (supposedly), then it tries 3 times to "connect" and fails. I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 under Windows 2000.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 02-22-2002 at 11:14 PM.
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:11 PM
  #3
Enjoy the show
VIP Member
 
Ron P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Joisey Shore
Posts: 10,353
Default

No problems, win 98 IE 6.
Ron P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:15 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: New York, NY - Manhattan BABY!
Posts: 1,296
Default

Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0. I do not even see an icon for a chat room. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Miller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 11:34 PM
  #5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

miller, the chat button is to th the left of your post. After you enter there is black box at the bottom. you type in that and then press enter.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:27 AM
  #6
Charter Member #415
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Jasper,Alabama
My Boats: 1968 Switzer Shooting Star,1967 Switzer Shooting Star,1963 Glasspar G-3
Posts: 3,357
Default

I can get into the chat room,no problem. But then what? I don't know what to do next,cannot find a way to say anything. What is the next step to join the chat?
Magicfloat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 12:54 AM
  #7
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
US1 Fountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lafayette. IN
Posts: 10,872
Default

Just type away. It shows up in the black line under the messages. Then hit enter.
__________________
Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
US1 Fountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 01:26 AM
  #8
DJD
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Greenwich CT. U S of A
My Boats: 38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child
Posts: 1,839
Default

Windows 98.
80% of the time I get right in, the other 20% it says "connecting to washington dc" & some numbers.
Then...."disconnecting, invalid server"
DJD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 03:20 AM
  #9
Registered
 
cgarrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Mecca, Ohio
My Boats: Looking
Posts: 1,003
Default

Internet Explorer 6
Says I am unregistered. when I click on the "enter Chat" I get this message.
"You are not registered or not logged in! To register please see the register link in the main window. To login please fill in your username and password in the main window."

There is no where to fill in anything.
The other day I use to be able to go to where it looked like it was going to work but all that came up was that it was trying to connect to Washington but was unsucessful.
Cordell
cgarrett is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 08:37 AM
  #10
Charter Member
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Ted G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Edgerock Baby!!
My Boats: Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
Posts: 7,661
Default

IE 6.0 Windows ME

Got in before but every time I posted a reply a little comment about not being registered popped up. Last night I couldn't get in at all.
__________________
Chesapeake Bay Powerboat Association
www.cbpba.com
Ted G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Magnum25
General Boating Discussion
12
12-29-2006 12:58 AM
packinair
General Boating Discussion
0
11-18-2005 08:41 PM
stecz20
General Boating Discussion
0
07-24-2005 11:18 PM
26scarab
General Boating Discussion
12
02-19-2002 10:35 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.