Notices

Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Old 05-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice. Now we know why we haven't seen you around much lately.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great Job Eddie!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks everyone. That represents a TON of work.
Yeah Chris, I haven't been on much lately. Between this boat and the Envision that is being converted from a Pulse Drive to Bravo's, I haven't had time for anything else. I'm also have a Procharger motor for Donzi ZXXX that is kicking my a$$. I haven't had an engine whip me like this in a while.

I really wish I would have taken pics of the carbon fiber layup. Once I got the hang of it, I was surprised at how easy it was. The only drawback to it is the price. The next time I lay some will be much easier and will turn out better.

Bill,
That is the reason I recommended the carbon for your boat. I think it will really brighten up the dash. If I can just get the engine done, we will be in good shape.

We will hopefully get some performance numbers this weekend. The engines are still in the break-in period and are limiting the rpms and are still running double oil. We would really like the see 90 mph. Not sure if it going to happen. The boat previously had older 260 hp 2.5l engines and would run a tick over 80 on a good day. Everyone I have talked to that has swapped these engines for a 250 say they are getting 6-8 mph gains. I hope the jackplate and additional setback and some good 5 blade props will be worth 1-2 more. I think we'll be close. Again, thanks for the kind words. I am pretty proud of it and maybe it will give some of you guys some ideas for your own boats.
Eddie
Old 05-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

Looks great Eddie. Now that you've got the carbon fiber thing down, maybe you can lay up some rocket boosters for NASA in your spare time!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Spare time......What's that???????
Old 05-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work. Is this a local boat?
Old 05-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Thanks everyone. That represents a TON of work.
Yeah Chris, I haven't been on much lately. Between this boat and the Envision that is being converted from a Pulse Drive to Bravo's, I haven't had time for anything else. I'm also have a Procharger motor for Donzi ZXXX that is kicking my a$$. I haven't had an engine whip me like this in a while.

I really wish I would have taken pics of the carbon fiber layup. Once I got the hang of it, I was surprised at how easy it was. The only drawback to it is the price. The next time I lay some will be much easier and will turn out better.

Bill,
That is the reason I recommended the carbon for your boat. I think it will really brighten up the dash. If I can just get the engine done, we will be in good shape.

We will hopefully get some performance numbers this weekend. The engines are still in the break-in period and are limiting the rpms and are still running double oil. We would really like the see 90 mph. Not sure if it going to happen. The boat previously had older 260 hp 2.5l engines and would run a tick over 80 on a good day. Everyone I have talked to that has swapped these engines for a 250 say they are getting 6-8 mph gains. I hope the jackplate and additional setback and some good 5 blade props will be worth 1-2 more. I think we'll be close. Again, thanks for the kind words. I am pretty proud of it and maybe it will give some of you guys some ideas for your own boats.
Eddie

looks real good Eddie...great job on the Carbon Fiber...can it also be done using a lighter shade like the silver carbon fiber on my boat..
Old 05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you make a carbon fiber cover for my fleshlight........that would really be nice.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice- great job

Quick Reply: Eliminator resurrection/ update/rerig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.