BoatFreak28 needs some help

Notices

BoatFreak28 needs some help

Old 06-10-2008, 09:05 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, sorry to hear this. Hope that the crop is not a total loss. We all feel terrible for all of you people that are getting washed out with all this rainfall. When's it all gonna end???
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 06-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike so sorry to hear this you and your family must be exhausted. I know how hard you guys work, I hope some of crops can be saved and harvested. This might be a dumb question but can farmers get insurance on crops and livestock. So sad to watch the news, I saw the footage of the homes being washed away in the lake
Old 06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Mike so sorry to hear this you and your family must be exhausted. I know how hard you guys work, I hope some of crops can be saved and harvested. This might be a dumb question but can farmers get insurance on crops and livestock. So sad to watch the news, I saw the footage of the homes being washed away in the lake
They sure can but insurance only covers so much of ones crop. I am sure Mike or Payton can confirm.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

As I understand it, Mike is being a little modest. Apparently the 37 AT was not far from floating out of the barn, and a classic car sustained damage as well.

We all really feel for you Mike. Please let us know what we can do to help. I'll take some time off and come out if you could use the labor.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

There is crop insurance available. It is very expensive. Most insure for the most likely problem, like Hail . That can be had for under $10 per acre. Crop revenue insurance can run upwards of $60 per acre. If you multiply that by 2000-4000 acres,it really adds up. You have to insure all or none. You can't insure just the risky ground.

You mainly hope and pray that one of these years dosen't hit too often.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Hi guys. Well we are starting to make progress on the clean up but it's going to take a long time to really get over this mess. There is a railroad that runs about 15 miles along here that actually caused a fair amount of my damage because the water couldn't get under the thing so it filled up everything on this side of it and then washed out the biggest part of it too.

Thanks again for the support

P.S. the old Chevelle is just fine.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Registered

Glad to hear that your OK too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:15 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear that you are OK. I was looking for you in the AT forum. Good luck with everything and we're thinking about you guys.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
Hi guys. Well we are starting to make progress on the clean up but it's going to take a long time to really get over this mess. There is a railroad that runs about 15 miles along here that actually caused a fair amount of my damage because the water couldn't get under the thing so it filled up everything on this side of it and then washed out the biggest part of it too.

Thanks again for the support

P.S. the old Chevelle is just fine.

No problem..we all were praying for you as well as all farmers in need of help. Good Luck Mike. Talk to ya soon. Jeff and Sandy
Old 06-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck to you and your crops.

The nightly news showed some of those houses get totally washed off their foundations. OMG, looks like something a hurricane would do to an oceanfront house. Incredible!

Quick Reply: BoatFreak28 needs some help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.