Notices

Is this guy on drugs?

Old 06-12-2008, 10:18 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
...but is it worth what it cost? If you sunk a million bucks into a mobile home, it still wouldn't be worth what you put into it. Don't get me wrong - I'm not comparing this boat to a mobile home, but on the other hand, "Barrett-Jackson" collector car pricing has yet to invade the boating world.

..and NO cabin or engine bay shots?
Exactly. I've had customers spend insane money on resto's, repowers, etc. Basically, take the "normal" value at top pricing and add maybe 20-30%. Therefore, the boat may be worth 80Kish to someone that HAS to have that boat.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
That there is a huge problem with alot of the people who live around ft. myers.
Not everybody hangs around your crowd!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else. Who am I to say that some guy that spends $10 million on a painting is wasting his money? Some people spend $100 on a bottle of wine and others will tell you they can get WAY more f ucked up drinking a whole keg of Bud for half the price. Which one is right?

As far as 250 being 200 too much, how much do you think a new Apache 28 would cost you? For that matter, your assessment that the boat is only worth $50K tells me you have no idea what a brand new driveline like this costs- let alone the man-hours this takes to pull off.

Go to the Cig section and look at the 24 Firefox project Lipship is doing- or the 6-figure Cig 20 restorations. Are these people all fools?

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
You dont need to own a ferrari to own a 28 apache lets be realistic shall we come on.
-Mike
You completely miss the analogy here. You can't compare the value of a new Fountain to a boat like this. One is a production boat and the other is a flawlessly restored custom.

As far as guys like McManus and Phil, they must be doing something right- they have a waiting list for their services... all of people building projects just like this one.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
if we sold cash bar, what could we get for that weasel....

if we over price him, the homosexuals will be sure to scoop him up... hes so pretty that cash bar....

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Just because it's not for you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else. Who am I to say that some guy that spends $10 million on a painting is wasting his money? Some people spend $100 on a bottle of wine and others will tell you they can get WAY more f ucked up drinking a whole keg of Bud for half the price. Which one is right?

As far as 250 being 200 too much, how much do you think a new Apache 28 would cost you? For that matter, your assessment that the boat is only worth $50K tells me you have no idea what a brand new driveline like this costs- let alone the man-hours this takes to pull off.

Go to the Cig section and look at the 24 Firefox project Lipship is doing- or the 6-figure Cig 20 restorations. Are these people all fools?

You completely miss the analogy here. You can't compare the value of a new Fountain to a boat like this. One is a production boat and the other is a flawlessly restored custom.

As far as guys like McManus and Phil, they must be doing something right- they have a waiting list for their services... all of people building projects just like this one.

Chris i get what you are saying and agree with you.

This is the way i think about it. I could buy John_Johns boat and make it flawless for alot less than 250k and it would be exactly what i want. It would have a back seat and a nice cabin with big HP

Now if I had more money than I knew what do do with I would buy it and send it back to Mcmanus to have it personalized
Old 06-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you could buy john john's boat for less $12-$15k for john's boat.

But could you put up with chris dogging you every day about it.
I would rather pay the $250k than have chris on my a$$ everyday.

Last edited by B one; 06-12-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by B one
Yes you could buy john john's boat for less $12-$15k for john's boat.

But could you put up with chris dogging you every day about it.
I would rather pay the $250k than have chris on my a$$ everyday.

So true

I think it would be harder buying a boat from someone with split personalities
Old 06-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantingmore
And your point is....
HA!!
Old 06-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin

its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

and only a fool would pay even half the asking price

Old 06-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Apache Brave is a better buy in all respects with out a question. I know what type of work it is to put a boat together but its only worth what some one will pay not what you have into it. Just because i have over 50 in my velocity doesnt mean im going to get 49,900 for it. These are money pits and not built to make money but to make it our own. Plain and simple its just not worth it. If you were to spend that kind of money you could get somethign alot more for probabaly a decent amount less. I have no comparison to a fountain in that respect i know where you are comeing from. BUt to spend 250K ill go by Remedy A/T and thats not an assembly line boat
-Mike

Quick Reply: Is this guy on drugs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.