Notices

Bad accident in NH

Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot believe some of those comments on that site. some people need to have there keyboards taken away and their head examined..

thoughts and prayer go out to all involved
Old 06-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just saw another thread on a night boating accident in OH
lots of bashing on the newpaper on line comments as well. the boater of the "cigarette" according to some left the scene.
Yeah he had a huge hole in his boat and was trying to get , an injured passenger and sinking boat to safty, plus he called and reported everything while coming in. No one knows who caused the accident yet they started bashing the rich, spoiled, drunk speed boat community. Makes me realize how those of us that drive fast boats are hated.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
so sad for everyone involved.

I forgot, what is the speed limit on the lake, is it differnt at night. I always wonder why people boat that late at night. We have boated at night on few occassions when we got held up somewhere longer than usual. It is so stressful, I stand up and look over the windshied peering continuously in each direction, trying to be as alert as I can while helping Ian navigate. I hate it, I am worried the whole time, so I can not understand why someone would do it by choice.
On Lake Winnipesaukee their is a proposed law for a 45 daytime/25 nightime limit waiting for the govs signature. i'm actually OK with a nighttime limit in the 25-30 mph range but daytime on a big lake 45 is ridiculous.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How was OSO mentioned?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Registered

This is a "cruiser" designed by Formula for speeds approaching 70-MPH - - take a look at those steps and propellers, then search the comments at www.offshoreONLY.com. Even the Coast Guard's vaunted "Rule 6" wouldn't have helped here, while a speed limit would have saved Steph.

Grief for the passenger, yes: Isn't there a website where we can leave our condolences?
- Bob K, Wolfeboro
Old 06-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no comment at this time as I am friendly with those involved... aside of my thoughts and prayers go out to all.

However - as for state rep James Pilliod and this comment in the paper - State Rep. James Pilliod, a sponsor of the speed limit bill, (said)
"I'm sorry to hear this," he told the New Hampshire Union Leader. "We knew that sooner or later there would be a major accident. This happens to be a very symbolic one."

Hey AZZHOLE - how about a little sensitivity for those individuals and families involved!?!?!?!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by db71
OSO was mentioned in the coments section of this paper just a matter of time before we get person on here for a month trying to tell us we are all stupid etc. Probably a bass fisherman who would never drive that fast.
speaking of bass boats, yesterday morning I was on our small lake spotting as a friend was skiing, we were the lead boat on an narrow spot where there is a small (tiny) island in the center and a unpassable sand bar on the other side. Just as skier was adjacent to the island a bass boat started bearing down on us from behind. He sped up so fast he was behind our skier and then passed him by no more than 10 ft and cut between us and the island and kept going at probably 60+ miles per hour. Thankfully the skier was experienced and managed to keep his cool and not fall. We could only imagine what would have happened had he become rattled and fell. I actually wanted to give the guy the benefit of the doubt like he maybe he had a medical emergency or something. However when we caught up with him at the launch he was taking his time unloading and his only passenger looked about 12, some lesson he is teaching the kid. We got the MC numbers, not sure what will happen, but a cop on a nearby pontoon witnessed it as well. Of course all you ever hear about is the bad offshore's and the poor fishermen in their small craft. So no matter what's your style, there are azzholes on all types of boats.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Sincere thoughts 4 all. Way 2 many accidents lately!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have only boated at night a handful of times and hated every minute of it. A few years ago I went to the fire works on the thames river and drove back to the CT river that night. I decided after that trip I would no longer boat at night because for me the distances are difficult and I have found my GPS not to be accurate all the time. My condolences and prayers to everyone involved.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
I have no comment at this time as I am friendly with those involved... aside of my thoughts and prayers go out to all.

However - as for state rep James Pilliod and this comment in the paper - State Rep. James Pilliod, a sponsor of the speed limit bill, (said)
"I'm sorry to hear this," he told the New Hampshire Union Leader. "We knew that sooner or later there would be a major accident. This happens to be a very symbolic one."

Hey AZZHOLE - how about a little sensitivity for those individuals and families involved!?!?!?!
I fully agree!! I sent in a coment to the Union leader that this was a time for prayer and condolences not a political comentary on the speed limit . It was not posted!so much for unbias media!

Quick Reply: Bad accident in NH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.