Like Tree0Likes

Speedboat flips in Barnegat Bay

Reply
Old 06-20-2008, 09:00 AM
  #61
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

I'm happy you're ok. Please let us know what the investigation reveals and don't take any crap from the insurance company
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 AM
  #62
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbtile View Post
I would never want anyone to experience such a traumatizing event like we did.
Then how about sharing what happened so that someone else can avoid a similar experience.

These things don't "just happen". That's a very sea-worthy boat- that leaves equipment failure and operator error. Please tell us what not to do.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
  #63
Registered
 
LostinBoston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
Then how about sharing what happened so that someone else can avoid a similar experience.

These things don't "just happen". That's a very sea-worthy boat- that leaves equipment failure and operator error. Please tell us what not to do.
Accidents can be embarrasing/confusing whether its the operators fault or not. Maybe he hit something in the water, maybe a drive broke. If you want to learn how to drive a performance boat properly and learn "what not to do", Take Tres Martins class. He talks about being pitched from a boat, warning signs, what to do in that situation and how to avoid it.
LostinBoston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
  #64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinBoston View Post
Accidents can be embarrasing/confusing whether its the operators fault or not. Maybe he hit something in the water, maybe a drive broke. If you want to learn how to drive a performance boat properly and learn "what not to do", Take Tres Martins class. He talks about being pitched from a boat, warning signs, what to do in that situation and how to avoid it.
It was a rhetorical question. The "us" is us collectively. I'm glad that they're alright but all we've heard is what didn't happen and that all of the reports are wrong. If they hit something, then a "Watch out for floating debris in Barnegat Bay" would be a nice heads-up for some folks.

Puit simply- I'm sorry they had an accident and it's great news that no one was badly injured. But the defensive "we didn't do anything wrong" with no other comment doesn't wash.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
  #65
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbtile View Post
You have no idea how much this means to my family and I. As much as im afraid of boats at this time it is wonderful to see how many people within this forum are so caring. Im sorry if I insulted anyone, its just hard to read alot of that. Believe me if we can figure out what happend you all will be the first to know. I would never want anyone to experience such a traumatizing event like we did. That boat was my husbands wife, he loved it probably more than me, he would never do anything to jeapordize destroying it or his entire family. He put so much work and care into it, it actually was annoying, but it made him happy and he deserves that. Once the insurance adjusters are done with it maybe we will have more answers. Thank you all again. Be safe. Have a great weekend. Irene
It looks like they don't know what happened yet, and are waiting for further investigation.
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:42 PM
  #66
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Comanche3Six's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,273
Default

Just finished reading this thread.
#1 everyone is ok
#2 Holy Chit! This Cig just repowered bigtime.
That mishap was quick! That's a shame.
Comanche3Six is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:55 PM
  #67
Registered
 
AIR TIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: EASTON MA.
My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
Posts: 6,281
Default

You should take your kids and hubby on a boat ride soon whether it a cruiser or cig just a small ride so they and you are not spooked forever. when I was 15 we were sking and hit another boat someone died, after a week my friends just about forced me into another boat and I WAS CRYING THAT WE WERE GOING TO HIT A ROCK OR BOAT or SOMETHING but after a while I cooled down it took a while for some of us to go sking again. now 35yrs later I am glad I didn't give up and I saved 2 girls 9 and 12 and there dad and 2 stupid freinds off buzzards bay cape cod in 95 if I hadn't stuffed my boat and got tossed out earlier and headed back to onset they would have drowned We got there right when it sank with no pfds on the kids so with a bad back and ribs I went swimming, but was pissed at the father I almost hit him, his nine yr old was rough shape I put the 2 girls in the cabin until the cg and I tide there boat to cg it was drifting cause the pals gave me a anchor line instead of a dock line but other sport fishers had to see them taking water over as they passed a CC stopped and ask if we need help I was pissed [because of all the wakes from the SF ]and said yah wave down the other boats to slow down and someone call the CG while I was in the water .Oh I was asked if I HIT THEM WITH MY CIGAR BOAT. WELL GLAD YOU ARE ALL WELL PLEASE DON'T LET THIS SINK IN TO YOUR KIDS OR YOURSELF TAKE A FERRY RIDE JUST GET THEM OUT ON THE WATER THIS SUMMER AND IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT BEEN THERE I WILL LISTEN CALL ME ARTIE AT 617 833 3327 IF I CAN HELP THANK GOD YOU ARE ALL RIGHT TAKE CARE.
AIR TIME is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:08 AM
  #68
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wallingford, CT
My Boats: 87 Formula F23LS
Posts: 284
Default

God was watching down on you and your family and your all safe and thats what counts.
When you know what happened please post it here because I think we'd all like to know what to watch out for, I have my daughter with me all the time and I am always watching out for her safety.
prosno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:46 AM
  #69
Registered User
 
Shanghied Again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toms River NJ
My Boats: Shanghied! 2004 Donzi 33 ZX
Posts: 1,422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbtile View Post
You have no idea how much this means to my family and I. As much as im afraid of boats at this time it is wonderful to see how many people within this forum are so caring. Im sorry if I insulted anyone, its just hard to read alot of that. Believe me if we can figure out what happend you all will be the first to know. I would never want anyone to experience such a traumatizing event like we did. That boat was my husbands wife, he loved it probably more than me, he would never do anything to jeapordize destroying it or his entire family. He put so much work and care into it, it actually was annoying, but it made him happy and he deserves that. Once the insurance adjusters are done with it maybe we will have more answers. Thank you all again. Be safe. Have a great weekend. Irene
Irean. I am so happy that everyone is ok. Any material item can be replaced, life can't. I to know the hard work involved with making a project work and then loosng it and all the hard work. Please tell your husband I send my best and thank god everyone is ok.
Shanghied Again is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:37 PM
  #70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Tom A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New Jersey
My Boats: Necessary Evil .............Donzi 38 ZrComp.............
Posts: 4,094
Default

Irene,
Thank God everyone on board is OK. The boat was beautiful, I had seen it a few times, as recently as Memorial Day. It can be fixed or replaced, your family can not. Thank you for clarifying the situation and please keep us informed as to what happened and also how you guys are doing.

Tom Anselmi
Tom A. is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Splitdecision271
Northeast US
6
07-22-2008 10:39 AM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
Northeast US
3
06-17-2007 01:14 PM
Tom A.
General Boating Discussion
4
08-07-2006 06:19 PM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
General Boating Discussion
2
08-25-2003 06:36 PM
gmhdfan
General Boating Discussion
15
06-08-2002 08:10 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.