Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   biggest LITTLE Poker Run on the left coast...Havasu Heatwave 2002 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/18903-biggest-little-poker-run-left-coast-havasu-heatwave-2002-a.html)

Craig B 02-26-2002 01:11 AM

biggest LITTLE Poker Run on the left coast...Havasu Heatwave 2002

1 Attachment(s)
Hey boys and girls,

It's that time of year again, time for the biggest little poker run on the left coast. Kick off the season big time at the Spring Heatwave 2002.

Once again Lake Havasu will turn into the horsepower mecca of the universe on April 26 & 27, 2002. Last year this event drew over 200 boats from as far away as Italy, Florida and Maryland, so be sure to sign up EARLY, no registrations beyond 200 will be accepted. Perfect location, weather and water...what more could you ask for?

Rumor is there will be more OSO members at this run than at LOTO for the Memorial Day weekend challenge. We'll have to see. :eek: :cool: :eek:

Look below the flyer for all the details and registration links...

DATES/LOCATION

April 26 & 27, 2002 at Lake Havasu City, Arizona
Nautical Inn Resort is the official staging area.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Title Sponsor: Teague Custom Marine

Presenting Sponsors
Nautical Inn Resort
Bud Light/Budweiser
Imco

DESIGNATED CHARITY

Havasu For Youth
Donation to Charity - Estimated at $3,000. The Fall Heatwave in October 2001 actually raised a whopping total of over $10,000, most of which was re-directed to the American Red Cross due to the terrorist attacks on 9-11.

CASH PRIZES

Estimated CASH prizes:

First Place $4,500
Second $3,300
Third $2,200
Fourth $1,100

Instant Cash Winners $800

Prizes based on winning poker hands of five cards. Nothing fancy
here, highest hands win! Estimates are an average of cash prizes from past poker runs.

ENTRY FEES

Each entry includes one poker hand, two t-shirts, two wrist bands for the dinner/prize drawings, and two poker run stickers for your boat.

AHBA members - on or before April 1, 2002 $150.00 ***SCOPE members receive this discount too!
Non-Members on or before April 1, 2002 $200.00
ANY registration after April 1, 2002 $200.00

Additional Poker Hands are $25.00, a limit of four hands per boat.
Additional wrist band and t-shirt are $25.00 per adult, including dinner/prize drawing.
Children wrist bands are $7.50 for children 6 thru 12 and under. Under 5 are free.

HOTELS

The Nautical Inn Resort is the primary hotel for this event. They
have set aside a limited number of rooms at a special rate. CALL
EARLY, they always sell out (800) 892_2141

Island Inn, Ramada Inn, Holiday Inn and Queens Bay Resort will
handle the overflow.

SCHEDULE

Friday
Lunch run to Havasu Springs
Check in
Cocktail party hosted by Budweiser/Bud Light.

Saturday
Continued check in
Drivers meeting
Poker Run from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Dinner Party at 7:00 p.m.
Awards and Prizes

Sunday
Whatever, who knows!

PFD'S REQUIRED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS

REGISTRATION LINKS:

Information & Schedule

Terms

Registration Forms (PDF)

Or visit our web page directly at American Hot Boat Association

The General telephone number is (602) 863-3713

Thanks for your time and see you at the run,

Craig Bassham (C2), Promotions
American Hot Boat Association
(877) 899-9449 Phone and Fax

Hot Boats Rule!!!!!

If you would like to view a better copy of the event flyer, follow the below link:
Event Flyer

PhantomChaos 02-26-2002 01:16 AM

YOU BET!!!!!!!!

We're showing in a BIG way!!!!! Gonna have some BIG guns out for this one!

Oh yeah Craig.......the rumor is true!

:D :D :D :D

Craig B 02-26-2002 01:26 AM

spring cleaning

Hey Nort,

CLEAN OUT YOUR MAILBOX. Can't send you any private messages damnit!

You must be getting lots of love letters in response to those bikini pics..lol :D :D

C2

thisistank 02-26-2002 01:32 AM

To see pics from last year check out WWW.SCOPEINFO.COM
Here:
http://scopeinfo.com/Photos/2001-Havasu-Trip.htm

Or at WWW.ARIZONAHOTBOATS.COM

Craig, what happened to all the pics from last year on your site? I didn't see them right off hand)

Tank

PhantomChaos 02-26-2002 11:55 AM

All Fixed!

I didn't know there was a limit.........now I do! WASSSUP?

Craig B 02-26-2002 08:18 PM

ahba pics

Hmmm

You're right on the pics tank, I'll check into that.

C2

RiverGirl 02-27-2002 10:41 AM

sooo.....who is all going....?

soo.... who is all going....AHBA...link for pics

SR-24 02-27-2002 11:05 AM

Fine Lookin Ladies!

I wish the ladies took care of themselves here like they do in California! We grow them pretty hot here but it seems like after 21 it's all down hill.

LakeRacer 02-27-2002 11:13 AM

See RiverGirl! Go to the link she has posted, click on "The People" in the sidebar and she is second row down, second from the right next to BCC's Top Gun.

I want to invite all OSO members to the AHBA Heat Wave Poker Run. RiverGirl and the SCOPE members can tell you that it is a blast. RiverGirl I hope that you can come to our event again!

Safe Boating

PhantomChaos 02-27-2002 02:31 PM

Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is event is going to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! We've all been talking about it since last year! Really looking forward to it.

This will be the memorial weekend Havasu/LOTO warm up.......he he. :) We'll have lot's of photos to share after this event!

cigarette1 02-27-2002 03:01 PM

I'm in .... lately i've only been able to make it over to Havasu once or twice a year, the ocean is so much closer, but I make sure at least one of those trips is for one of the AHBA Poker Runs.

And I am proud to say that I have been a member of AHBA and SCOPE for some time now.

cigarette1 02-27-2002 03:05 PM

Yo, LakerRacer

When are you going to grab Mike and fly out here so you can fly of some Pacific swells with me ???

:cool:

MissAmy 02-27-2002 03:26 PM

Sounds like fun!

I think I need to talk Lutz into taking a trip out there. I think we need to do some investigative work in order to get a proper look at our competition for Memorial Day. ;) :D :D :D :D

PhantomChaos 02-27-2002 03:56 PM

Originally posted by MissAmy
Sounds like fun!

I think I need to talk Lutz into taking a trip out there. I think we need to do some investigative work in order to get a proper look at our competition for Memorial Day. ;) :D :D :D :D

Miss Amy............sounds like a plan. Fly into Vegas, then pop on over! I'm sure we could set you two up on ride!!!

RiverGirl 02-27-2002 04:03 PM

If my schedule works out, I would like to come. And since I have a place out there, that's even more inviting.;)

MissAmy 02-27-2002 04:09 PM

Nort...I'm gonna put a bug in lutz's ear. I would LUV it!

I know LUtz......he can't say no to Vegas! :cool:

PhantomChaos 02-27-2002 04:14 PM

Just do it!!!

Can't say no to Vegas huh? I have a similar problem.

The only other choice is to fly into Laughlin...............on Laughlin Air. They have one 737 jet and fly from Pheonix or Burbank to Laughlin.

thisistank 02-27-2002 05:18 PM

did I just hear an invite to party at River girls place all weekend in havasu!!!???

You are a team player girl!! I like to see that!

Tank:D :D :D :D

LutzParty 02-27-2002 08:30 PM

Hmmm Vegas, Havasu, Party @ Rivergirls.......

Hmmmmm it all sounds pretty tempting.

Amy is right i can be talked into Vegas pretty easily and it would be awesome to ck out the World Famous Havasu as well. How far from Vegas is Havasu?

Nort you would probably just come to Vegas and pick us up anyway..........wouldnt you?

I have this great blackjack system. You sit down, take out your wallet and hand it to the dealer, let them take what they want then go out to party. You know they are eventually going to get your $$ and this way you have more time to Party. It really works too.

:D :D

You really think someone would make room for us on their boat? That would be sweeet. :D

LakeRacer 02-28-2002 12:05 AM

Cigarette1, I'm working on a date to come out, and I've got Mike looking at a Cig 35 Caferacer.

Miss Amy and LutzParty, you to come out and I think you would have your pick of which boat to go for a ride in. Me included.

Havasu is a three hour drive from Vegas, or less if you aren't towing.

RiverGirl, it would be great to see you again. Your throwin a party???:D :D :D

Magic Sandbar 02-28-2002 12:50 AM

Hey, I'm still here! My wife and I will be there as a safety boat. We are stuck in one of those work modes that won't let us do much lately, but this is one event we won't miss.:p

thisistank 02-28-2002 01:41 AM

Lake racer,

You refering to that cafe thats at the shop in phoenix right now??
That thing is sweeeeeeeet! good price too, someone should swoop that thing up.

tank

Mike C 02-28-2002 09:33 AM

No encouragement needed!

Tank; don't start encouraging Art. He already calls me two or three times a day.... "Did you go see it yet???". The President and V.P. of American Hot Boat Assoc are slave drivers, they got me working overtime for the LA show - (ha ha). I will get over there next week, its on the list... I swear. Tank, are you going to the LA show this weekend?? It would be nice to meet someone else from the Nard (Oxnard).. I do my millitary training there.

"Gman" ... Whats up bro.... Its been too long? We will be heading to LA tonight... set up friday 2pm at the show and then goof'n around. Call me 602-818-4999, we will be at the Marriott Downtown. Art, Jim and I, with our significant others will be there this weekend. The following weekend Laurie and I will be manning the booth. I do miss the ocean, we will need to make another trip just to play. See ya this weekend. Stop by the booth.

Mike Campbell
AHBA Treasurer

LutzParty 02-28-2002 11:24 AM

Ok lets have a plan

Ok so the seed has been planted and the wheels are starting to move.

What is the schedule of the poker run? Should we come in to Vegas on Thursday night, party like rock stars and then haed to Havasu on Friday?

Nort we can plan on you coming to Vegas to pick us up right???:D :D

We need to find a boat to ride on and then directions to where the Party is.

Lets get it rolling and see what we can get done.

Its a start.

Douggie Fresh 02-28-2002 12:32 PM

LP, We will be there on Wed. so we can get some time behind the comp. boat. If you and Amy are going to come let me know ASAP and we will try and get you a room. Most people are going to arrive Fri. That is when we will put the big boats in the H2O.

See you there.

DL :D

thisistank 02-28-2002 04:15 PM

MikeC,

I'm heading to Vegas this weekend but will make the show during next week. I will look for you if you are still going to be out there.

Lutz party,

Get out here for the poker run it's a kick ass time! And drag JBK out here too, he's from your neck of the woods right??:D

Tank

cigarette1 02-28-2002 05:15 PM

Mike C,

What's this I hear about a Cafe Racer ??? .... What Up with the Hustler??? .... What 'cha gonna do with a big old slow ass Cigarette ... :D

I will definiatly see you Saturday. I'm not sure about Friday evening but I may try to drop in on you after work. I'll call you.

Gary

RiverGirl 02-28-2002 05:49 PM

you must be confused tank.
it was norty that said the party is at dougies hotel "floor"...:p :D

thisistank 02-28-2002 07:08 PM

I'm just looking for a party......Doesn't matter where!!:D :D

Doug's "floor" of the london bridge resort will be going off, I assure you that though.....God help the London Bridge Resort!!!:eek: :D

LakeRacer 02-28-2002 10:09 PM

LutzParty,
Try this link

Information and Schedule, Heat Wave

If you have any questions, just give me a call
602-318-5785

I can set you up with a ride, but I don't think your going to have any problems. Except deciding which boat to ride in. Alot of the SCOPE gang will be there

American Hot Boat Association

Craig B 03-05-2002 11:36 PM

tank..you were at Vegas too huh?

Damn, rough weekend that turned out to be. Never experienced a sand storm before....now I look like a racoon that got hit with a blow torch then finished with sand paper :eek: :eek:

Be sure to stop by the AHBA booth (at Sleekcraft/Magic) this weekend at the boat show. Will be working it with Mike C.

Glad to see you LOTO folks heading out :) :)

Some interesting rumors about some of the machinery that's gonna show up. Kinda scary actually.

Mike C 03-06-2002 12:27 PM

Free T-shirts

Alright, Art started it last weekend, but we ran out of time and had to drive back to Phoenix. Free T-shirt time (as long as they last). We have our old event T-shirts, that we will be giving out to folks who stop by the booth and make a purchase - membership, merchandise or register for the poker run. Craig and I will be working the AHBA table in the Sleekcraft booth at the LA boat show this weekend. See ya there!

Mike Campbell
AHBA Treasurer:D

LakeRacer 03-06-2002 01:18 PM

Yeah Mike,
I didn't leave you very many to give out!:D :D
And don't just give them to the girls!:rolleyes:

MissAmy 03-06-2002 01:23 PM

I want one!! :D :D Please????

Hey LakeRacer....Check your mail!! :)

LakeRacer 03-06-2002 01:57 PM

Miss Amy,

Haven't seen anything yet.

MissAmy 03-06-2002 02:09 PM

Art, I emailed you through the board, and also your regular email address.

you wanna just call me?913-599-5757

Audiofn 03-07-2002 01:04 AM

I got Amy's number :D:D:D:D For the use of good not evil.

Tank we are all ready to role on this one. You better be ready and I will work on my tolerance level. This time Nort will not have an excuse to lame out. If we have to tie him down and poor his drink down his throat. I am still trying to figure out some of those pictures LOL

See you in the DITCH

Jon

LutzParty 03-07-2002 01:19 AM

We are set

Ok Kids We are booked with a flight to viva las vegas, we have a car for leaving las vegas and we will be in havasu on Thursday April 25th

We are soooo looking forward to cking out Havasu, and the Poker Run.

Thanks for inviting us, whoever the responsible party is (Jon, Nort, Art)

Art , thanks for lining up the hotel rooms

Audio thanks for the use of your credit card :eek:

Keep us posted.

LutzParty 03-07-2002 07:13 PM

Attention

Who all is going to havasu for this run?

Time to sound off kids.

Who is going and where is everyone staying?

WE are Really looking forward to our first official visit to Havasu. :D

LakeRacer 03-07-2002 08:50 PM

Uhhh...

gee, I guess I have to be there!:rolleyes: I'll be working it so come on by and say hello. I'm the obnoxious one with the microphone telling everyone to be safe and wear your life jackets:D Oh yeah, I get to hand out cash prizes too:p :cool: