How sound is Reggie financially? >

How sound is Reggie financially?

Notices

How sound is Reggie financially?

Old 06-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBB725
Didn't Brunswick buy Fountain? Or get shares of FPB for payment of product?
I heard, a few years ago that Fountain was so deep into Mercury for product, that Brunswick assumed them.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Overseas sales are key to survival right now it seems. That leaves Nor-Tech, Cig, etc. on better footing than some others. Anyone know what percentage of Fountains head across the border or ocean? I agree with focusing on P1 for overseas exposure and dropping the silly Cat Killer antics. Focus on customer service and price here in the States.
There are less than 10 new Fountains (except a few raceboats) that went to Europe in the last twelve month

They only have a few selected dealers - none of them has more than one or two boats in stock

look at

http://www.fountainworldwide.com/DealerLocations.aspx

The CEO spends more time in racing P 1 than in selling boats

The main reason is :

Warranty issues are handled slow and bad , so the dealers do not like to take the risk

There was a Fountain confiscated at the Finish Boat Show, it had a faked CE Certification - from factory

CE Certifications are not cheap for High Performance Boats - maybe too expensiv for some builders - each boat model needs its own Certification and if you only sell one or two boats of the same modell to Europe- it might eat too much from the profit

You are right - overseas sales will be the key to survive , but some people can`t find the hole

Last edited by pokerrunboats; 07-03-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
What does a respected level mean? doesn't that entirely depend on ones perspective, it seems to me for instance that some people admire my 1991 29' off-brand boat, but I guess their knowledge of respectable boats is limited.

I fail to see how the size or cost of a boat earns respect.
The most surprising thing to me, is the difference in the way we are treated by some when in the Empress vs the BT or Scorpion. I consider it the John Holmes effect.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats

from the profit

Ya think?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:17 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunboats
There are less than 10 new Fountains (except a few raceboats) that went to Europe in the last twelve month

They only have a few selected dealers - none of them has more than one or two boats in stock

look at

http://www.fountainworldwide.com/DealerLocations.aspx

The main reason is :

Warranty issues are handled slow and bad , so the dealers do not like to take the risk

There was a Fountain confiscated at the Finish Boat Show, it had a faked CE Certification - from factory

CE Certifications are not cheap for High Performance Boats - maybe too expensiv for some builders - each boat model needs its own Certification and if you only sell one or two boats of the same modell to Europe- it might eat too much from the profit

You are right - overseas sales will be the key to survive , but some people can`t find the hole

I disagree on the warranty issue. If you are a good dealer and have a good relationship with the right people at the factory then you should'nt have a problem. I was a dealer for several years and had no trouble - at least no more trouble than any other brand-name mfg
Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
I disagree on the warranty issue. If you are a good dealer and have a good relationship with the right people at the factory then you should'nt have a problem. I was a dealer for several years and had no trouble - at least no more trouble than any other brand-name mfg
I think he is referring to International warranty claims...
Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I think he is referring to International warranty claims...
There should'nt be any diff. The claims are submitted via email/Fax/Phone ( all of which are the same speed whether it's Palm Beach or Tokyo). They are approved or denied the same way. In most cases the repairs are done by the dealer and like all other mfg's you wait 3-6 months to be reimbursed.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
There should'nt be any diff. The claims are submitted via email/Fax/Phone ( all of which are the same speed whether it's Palm Beach or Tokyo). They are approved or denied the same way. In most cases the repairs are done by the dealer and like all other mfg's you wait 3-6 months to be reimbursed.
It shouldnt be different, your right. But do you know for a fact it isnt? The only way to find out is talk to a international dealer.

Im not debating, but its just as easy to say it is a problem as it is to say it isnt...
Old 08-07-2008, 10:50 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

I can find out in one call. I'll see what they have to say
Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Registered

I guess the answer to this thread is: NOT VERY SOUND

Quick Reply: How sound is Reggie financially?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.