Like Tree0Likes

Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Reply
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM
  #91
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Fountain had what looked to be a proffessional camera on board and it didn't look like a "Sony".... They put themselves in harms way WITH kids on board.... It doesn't appear this was a family outing, it looks more like an outing to watch/see the fast boats go by while filming the action...

As I passed the GWB about 1000 ft. past the bridge there were two spectators sitting in the middle of the river just sitting there watching boats pass...sitting ducks if you would...not a smart move and it puts ME in danger..
.Like I said before....it appears CK was too close to the small boat and the Fountain but they were not supposed to be there either.


First it's not a race course, second it's not closed to anybody, third, take some responsibility and obey what laws are already in place and fourth just because you spent 750.00 to participate in a poker run doesn't give you anymore rights on the river than the 2 boats that were supposedly in your way or weren't supposed to be there..
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
  #92
Geronimo36
Gold Member
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Elkton, MD
My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout
Posts: 11,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
First it's not a race course, second it's not closed to anybody, third, take some responsibility and obey what laws are already in place and fourth just because you spent 750.00 to participate in a poker run doesn't give you anymore rights on the river than the 2 boats that were supposedly in your way or weren't supposed to be there..
Who said it was a race course, you did.... The CG and NYPD sweep/clear the course before the start to protect everyone but spectators feel the need to be close to the action and that's fact.... I'll just assume you're one of those specatators..

Check your facts on cost...it's less than $750...and for a boat your size it's even less.

And at the TZB where all the specators Anchor up to watch the boats come buy you guys are always in the middle.... Anchoring in a channel is ILLEGAL.... obey the laws your self...
Panther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:40 AM
  #93
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member
 
WARPARTY36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: E DOCK GLOC, OK
My Boats: 2014 Cigarette 39 GTS
Posts: 3,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
One slight mechanical failure and Cat-Killer could have been up that Sonics ASS,
It sure looked like a 47' Fountain to me I don't know much about boats, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I would say that the film boat was part of Reggies crew
WARPARTY36 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:49 AM
  #94
Registered
 
Back4More's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lake Michigan
My Boats: 353 Fastech
Posts: 6,624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
Fountain Powerboats stock quote, 95 cents

Buy now!
Back4More is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
  #95
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Who said it was a race course, you did.... The CG and NYPD sweep/clear the course before the start to protect everyone but spectators feel the need to be close to the action and that's fact.... I'll just assume you're one of those specatators..

Check your facts on cost...it's less than $750...and for a boat your size it's even less.

And at the TZB where all the specators Anchor up to watch the boats come buy you guys are always in the middle.... Anchoring in a channel is ILLEGAL.... obey the laws your self...
I was one of those specatators, every year since 2000 except this one, and always stayed far from the channel, not like it mattered, many boats passed dangerously close at high rates of speed to people well outside the channel going under the bridge,,, and yes it was quite a thrill. I believe we had this same argument about a video that was posted from the 2006 NYC poker-run.

I never said the Hudson was a race course, quite the opposite, I did say if Reggie wishes to pull these stunts it should be done on a closed race course.

I also think many laws such as not passing within 100 feet of another boat are outdated, written back when 60 on the water was considered fast, now we have 160-180 mph race boats passing stopped pleasure boats at speeds well over 100mph within 40 feet..

Anywho,,, i'm done arguing the point... For the most part every single person on here knows that was a dangerous pass and we as a group know better....
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:08 PM
  #96
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJD View Post
Did anyone else notice the close call in this video? How about the small boat right in the middle, headed tward the camera boat? The guy had no chance of getting out of the way. I'll tell you this, if it were me & I had my kids on board for a nice day out, you would be getting a very unpleasant visit and your boat would not be floating at the dock. Wayyyyyy too close.
Quick question though. Which one do you consider in the wrong? The boat in the Poker Run of the spectator that is inthe middle of the course?
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM
  #97
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
I was one of those specatators, every year since 2000 except this one, and always stayed far from the channel, not like it mattered, many boats passed dangerously close at high rates of speed to people well outside the channel going under the bridge,,, and yes it was quite a thrill. I believe we had this same argument about a video that was posted from the 2006 NYC poker-run.

I never said the Hudson was a race course, quite the opposite, I did say if Reggie wishes to pull these stunts it should be done on a closed race course.

I also think many laws such as not passing within 100 feet of another boat are outdated, written back when 60 on the water was considered fast, now we have 160-180 mph race boats passing stopped pleasure boats at speeds well over 100mph within 40 feet..

Anywho,,, i'm done arguing the point... For the most part every single person on here knows that was a dangerous pass and we as a group know better....
Oh come on Chris. The Poker run is a permitted event on where they are to run. No it's not a closed course, but it is a course. More and more boats are spectating than joining in the area. The spectators fleet is getting larger and larger. Those that watch every year know where to be, those that don't come too close to the course. I even saw 2 boats anchored on the middle of the course. If you wanna be that close, then enter. What do you wanna see the price for the poker run go up so there could be patrol boats on the course? It would be nice to actually see someone that is in the spectators fleet take a little action themself and patrol the area. This way the experienced spectator does not see the unexperienced spectator inharms way. Instead of complaining, DO SOMETHING!
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:20 PM
  #98
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Lucididee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ID
Posts: 7,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
There could have been a thousand boats between the GW and the TZ, the river is NOT CLOSED to anybody..
You know, I'd be tempted to actually agree with you, BUT, there were more boats that were not running on their own on the Hudson that day. Most, and if not all, were there to watch the Poker Run. Let alone a hand full of boats that did not enter, but ran with the other poker runners.

Why is it every year we seem to have the same discussion with you?
Lucididee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:21 PM
  #99
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Jump the start or slingshot ya at double your starting speed
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 01:23 PM
  #100
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

How come we dont see any outerlimits putting big motors trying to keep up with the CK at these pokerruns?
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
CAP071
General Boating Discussion
512
03-30-2011 06:56 AM
LubeJobs42
General Boating Discussion
40
11-06-2008 08:32 PM
JoeD
General Boating Discussion
2
08-13-2008 12:51 PM
Ratickle
General Boating Discussion
97
07-25-2008 03:40 AM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
General Boating Discussion
9
08-03-2007 07:41 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.