Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/189359-cat-killer-locked-out-whats-up.html)

blownincome 06-27-2008 06:04 AM

Carfull Air time >>>You are a beak boater now by proxy... Or your a inlaw thats a Outlaw (forgive the pun!):eek::rolleyes::D

maxedout 06-27-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2601860)
Congrats and hats off to Ronnie and Chucky !!!:evilb: That boat looked great, sounded awsume, and ALWAYS runs like a raped ape. :D
My alltime favorite video to watch, is the one from Sarasota a couple years back, when you guys were running in the 160's for miles after miles, with the boat coming in and out of the water. I believe that Tyson, (Big Yellow Cat) posted that vid. If anyone else remembers it, can someone post it back up here?? It was some GREAT footage, that cat ran away from EVERYONE. Them guys were done eatin lunch when the rest of us were pulling up to the lunch stop. :eek: LMFAO

Congrats guys !!! You guys were a great crew to hang with and talk to at the docks.

Frank

thanks for the props,go to u-tube hit maxedout motor sports and you will get it if you have problems e-mail me at [email protected] and will send you the complete video, ron barrette

Panther 06-27-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 2604405)
NOPE when I saved 5 people in cape cod there boat sank when I pulled up to them after I had a stuff, and not one sport fisher or cruiser would stop and after I stopped they just plowed right by:mad::rolleyes:. those beak boat people didn't care a nuff about there kids never mind another boat:rolleyes:

It's like that whacko who beat the life out of his infant child while people did nothing about it....fortunately he got his in the end...:mad:

007joe 06-27-2008 09:04 AM

probably a stupid question.... why would'nt they have sweeps boats like at a race at least to warn people who might be crossing the hudson with no knowledge of the run.... i saw another video of a nyc poker run and the guys were flying by some fish boat and i believe a sailboat too...

Lucididee 06-27-2008 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 007joe (Post 2604656)
probably a stupid question.... why would'nt they have sweeps boats like at a race at least to warn people who might be crossing the hudson with no knowledge of the run.... i saw another video of a nyc poker run and the guys were flying by some fish boat and i believe a sailboat too...

With all the different Poker Runs I've done, I don't ever recall seeing official sweep boats. A race course, which for the most part, is a contained oval, which is easier to manage with sweep boats. It would be pretty hard to have a fleet of sweep boats for a poker run that could by 20+ miles one way and back. When spectating a Poker Run, ya just need to use common sense. Ya have to go on good faith and rely on the spectator to regulate themselves to be at a safe distance.

40FlatDeck 06-27-2008 11:19 AM

Desert Storm has sweep boats AND sweep helo's

10x 06-27-2008 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lucididee (Post 2604792)
With all the different Poker Runs I've done, I don't ever recall seeing official sweep boats. A race course, which for the most part, is a contained oval, which is easier to manage with sweep boats. It would be pretty hard to have a fleet of sweep boats for a poker run that could by 20+ miles one way and back. When spectating a Poker Run, ya just need to use common sense. Ya have to go on good faith and rely on the spectator to regulate themselves to be at a safe distance.

Dee, do ya ever feel like nomatter what you say, or how much common sense you're preachin, there's still a handful of people that just don't get it ??? :rolleyes:

007joe 06-27-2008 02:26 PM

it just seems like it would be an easy fix to what is potentially a dangerous situation

Lucididee 06-27-2008 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 2604831)
Desert Storm has sweep boats AND sweep helo's

More power to them. That's great that they can actually get boats to sweep instead of being in the run.

Just an FYI. All the runs I have been in had pace boats and sweep boats for the beginning of the runs (or restarts at the card stops). But I don't recall seeing boats sweeping/patrolling during the run itself. Remember it's only permitted to have the event, not a closed course.

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2604872)
Dee, do ya ever feel like nomatter what you say, or how much common sense you're preachin, there's still a handful of people that just don't get it ??? :rolleyes:

Yup!

Originally Posted by 007joe (Post 2605046)
it just seems like it would be an easy fix to what is potentially a dangerous situation

Why does there need to be a fix? Instead of looking for a fix and complaining, people just need to be alot more responsible and maybe do there research as to where a good and safe place to watch a run would be.

007joe 06-27-2008 07:18 PM

i'm not complaining or saying there has to be a fix just asked a question..... sorry