Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cat Killer Locked OUT What's  Up With That >

Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Notices

Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Blaze, you've got it all wrong! Since the last run, it is no longer "Cat Killer", it is "Cat Chaser", and the Cats are stalking!!
Attached Thumbnails Cat Killer Locked OUT What's  Up With That-killer-cat.jpg  
Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring it on------------
Old 05-10-2010, 08:07 AM
Registered

Why is everyone so afraid of the Cat Killer .
I know why . . . .
Because it is just craps all over everything out there .
Absolutely, positively and without question the most beautiful machine on the water.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 007joe
probably a stupid question.... why would'nt they have sweeps boats like at a race at least to warn people who might be crossing the hudson with no knowledge of the run.... i saw another video of a nyc poker run and the guys were flying by some fish boat and i believe a sailboat too...
Poker run is not a race, they are held in public waters open to everyone. While I myself run 4-6 runs a year and love it I am truly amazed that they are still occuring. Having 150+mph running boats sharing the water with pontoons,sailboats,jetskis,wakeboarders,etc is a recipe for big accidents and big lawsuits. That it hasnt happened very often is a testament to the fact most poker runs are well organized and that most people running have a decent brain in their head .
That being said all its gonna take is one dumas in a deckboat with 6+ kids aboard to cut across the path of one of the 150+mph boats to end poker runs as we know them, at least on inland waters.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by HesTNTonPMS
Why is everyone so afraid of the Cat Killer .
I know why . . . .
Because it is just craps all over everything out there .
Absolutely, positively and without question the most beautiful machine on the water.
what cat killer that was 2 years ago dude, its a nice race boat but theres a lot nicer vee hulled race boats out now. for cats please race cats have been doing 200 plus for the last 3 years. in 2001 or 02 open cockpit cats were running 170 plus up the hudson river pokerrun my way did it back then. big dif going that fast in a open cockpit and being in a safe lid boat. Tuna has a nice boat or had BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS WAS A RACE BOATnot running with boats in his power range . this year at kw worlds it lost to less hp OL and fountian boats if I recall in the sbi races.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
this year at kw worlds it lost to less hp OL and fountian boats if I recall in the sbi races.

Think they came in 2nd place in their class (not sure how many boats) behind another Fountain, Saratogo Stampede.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Coul'd you please name the cats at Poker runs in order that do 200+
It's a very short list.

Miss Geico
Aqua-Mania
JBS Racing

I think what he meant was they are capable of 200, but I don't think they actually hit that number very often.
Didn't JBS do 208 at Havazoo in the radar run?

Originally Posted by Big Time
Think they came in 2nd place in their class (not sure how many boats) behind another Fountain, Saratogo Stampede.
Some of the best racing action of the whole week. Those two were banging on each other from start to finish every day.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 05-11-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayboat
Some of the best racing action of the whole week. Those two were banging on each other from start to finish every day.

Yup, I have a video of them posted on my FB page where they are inches away from eachother in turn one through the whole turn...incredible racing!! I wish i could post it but don't have access to a computer at home (moved and don't have internet yet...) and can't get to it from my work computer. Anyway, great matchup, hope to see it again this year.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
Coul'd you please name the cats at Poker runs in order that do 200+
hey read my post it says race cats like ck is a race vee hull, theres a list of cats non race open cockpit that do 180 to 198, skater, mti OLs cats run these speeds the list would take hours to do but 2 are open cats a silver mti 44 that did 198 last month congrats Gino, and a red and silver 388 skater Bills, thats running near there in open boats. the race cats are some of what jay listed thanks I just figured most people new. I know theres no fountains going 200 or 198 or 185. in open or closed full race. oh and that new 32 skater was up in those speeds . most pokerruns I have been to with gerry run 100 to 130 its too crowed. to do 170. nice pics JAY. oh the late Al sr now Al jr have had a few 200mph skaters in 40 ft and 46 plus PHENOMENON 56 footer will run north of 200. Al was there a while ago hope this helps if not I will try to make a list later

Last edited by AIR TIME; 05-11-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Big Time
there were 3 races I think and 3 fountains and one OL and maybe a skater there was a lot of classes for vees since some raced in P1 over seas but all had less power than ck I heard. I like the new style with the cut down transoms and no beek, they look better love the OLs design too. time for this thread to die again old news. at least OPA will have TV this year they do a great job and I hope to be in a few races later in the season and hook up with you guys in the sound or river BT well later .

Last edited by AIR TIME; 05-11-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Locked OUT What's Up With That

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.