388 Hustler VS Eggbeater Race from this weekend

Notices

388 Hustler VS Eggbeater Race from this weekend

Old 06-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 388 Hustler VS Eggbeater Race from this weekend

I wanted to share a story with you guys that happened this weekend. It was out of the ordinary but a lot of fun. My wife and I were at Center Hill this weekend with my buddy that has the Meanstreak Slingshot. For those of you that don't know the boat....it is one of the fastest 388's ever made. It has Eddie Young 598 whipple motors with arnesons. Top speed of the boat is unknown. It is so fast and squirrley......when you get into the teens that we are all afraid to hang it out. And......for those of you that think that "You" would not be afraid and would hold it WFO......well lets just say....I have heard that about 10 times and nobody wants anymore after they ride in it. It is the hardest excellerating v bottom I boat I have ever been in. #1 was the 36 nortech cat Cyclone once you hit about 110mph on up. Anyway......we are riding down the lake, and Eric and I were talking about how bassboats never come up and want to race anymore. He agreed and said it never happened to him anymore either. Years, ago....every time I went out....some jackazz in a ranger would be all over me like jet skis are today. They would aggravate me until I stood on it. The only thing that was ever a problem was an allison with a 2.5 offshore back in the day. We had just got through laughing about that and how every bassboat owner said his boat went 100mph. I looked over my right shoulder and a 20' bullet with a 250 merc rolled up on us off the stbd side. I punched Eric and said I think he wants to run em. We laughed and about that time......the Bullet trimmed up. He hit the gas and that thing took off like it had a solid rocket motor in the azz of it. We were running about 40mph......Eric smacked it......50, 60, 70, 80, 90.........I was standing there with my jaw hanging open.....and the phucker was still in front of us. We hit a 100mph on GPS before we rolled up beside him. The water was like glass and we were side by side with that damn thing running an honest to god 95mph on GPS. The dude had veins popping out of his shoulders driving the chit out of that thing with about 8 inches of the center of the pad and half of the prop in the water. He was working the wheel back and forth 3 to 4 inches and the boat was running like it was on train tracks. I would have given anything to have had a video camera. This went on for about 3 miles. The dude had coconuts in his underwear and could drive the dog**** out of that thing. To see that boat run like that for that long....that close was really cool and different from what we usually do. We stopped and talked to him.....and get this.......it was full of gas....I saw the guage....had a livewell with 30 gallons of water in it and 4 walleye!!! We told him about our conversation and the funny thing was that everytime that he talked to a go fast guy......they all said they run 100mph and he said he busted everybody's azz until the Hustler encounter. I could not believe how fast that thing was and more impressive was the driver skill of the dude at the wheel! So, whoever you are in the bullet......I crown you the KING OF THE EGGBEATERS on Center Hill Lake!!!! You are a drivin Sum Bich!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

cool story......!!!!

we're supposed to know where centre hill lake is......???
Old 06-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

Good stuff man...Hate that I missed that!! How does it handle with the extended skags?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered

Default Good story

Center Hill lake is about 40 miles east of Nashville TN.

Nice, clean, and still somewhat a secret. SHHHHH.

I have noticed the same thing you have, they talk a nice game while the boat is on the trailer, but not many want to play the game when youre out on the water. Like Thunder said lots of trash talk about their 100mph boat, but I dont see many playin ball.

I should be able to keep up with you guys for a little while, the 5 blades should be here friday from throttle up. I dont think you have any worries from me though. I betting on 90-92, hopefully. Not quite the same field as E.'s boat but not bad for a 20 year old boat with beaters on the back.

I am glad to see you guys out on Center Hill, its been kindy lonely lately.....a whole lot of pontoons and pwc's.

Hopefully I will see you guys on the lake this year....MP
Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well told story brutha!
Old 06-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cool story.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Game On
Good stuff man...Hate that I missed that!! How does it handle with the extended skags?
It is definately better. I have not been in the boat in a long time. Now that my chits finished......Im always in thunder. It definately seems better. I drove it for about a half hour....but it has been so long since I have been in it and it is 180 degrees from my boat. So, after I got comfortable and got everything set.....eric was yelling lay into it! I smacked it.....my eyeballs sunk back in my head and my vision distorted. It scared the chit out of me......I saw 90 something on the speedo and I was at 1/3 throttle. I leaned on it about 50% when I hit it. Since I did not have a cashiers check with me......I got out of the drivers seat and let Eric back in. I don't think 30 minutes of seat time makes me "Smack Worthy". I mean.....I can put my throttles in the dash and go downstairs and take a dump in my boat....so that thing trips me out. All weekend Eric gave the standard answers.....

Rednecks: "How fast that sumbich run?"
Eric: "Bout 80"

Rednecks: "Whats she got in er?"
Eric: "600's"
Old 06-22-2008, 07:22 PM
ENABLER
Platinum Member

Xelent reading!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 52 Likes on 25 Posts

My brother has a 21' Triton with a Merc 225xs that runs in the mid 80's. He has to use a foot throttle. It's like an ironing board with a motor.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,049 Likes on 274 Posts

Cool Sotry!
I ran the Avanti on thursday and some guy in a Bullet lined up with me. There was a big enough chop that everytime he really tried to air it out hed get flighty. If it wasnt for that(and maybe the e-tec hangin off the back) he would have got me.

Quick Reply: 388 Hustler VS Eggbeater Race from this weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.