Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why do people let boats fall into disrepair like this??? >

Why do people let boats fall into disrepair like this???

Notices

Why do people let boats fall into disrepair like this???

Old 06-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by XPRESS 33PP
I've seen video of Can't Touch This. That boat sounds incredible. I would love to be there to see that boat run.
I saw it run in Jacksonville...sweet sounding..
Old 06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I saw the sunk pics, it was full a submersion. The Pantera had a few things going for it: 1. Great raceboat canidate, 2. Very simple boat, not a interior full of luxuries, 3. Still made today, might be able to get interior pieces/ help from the factory

Powerplay is just the opposite: 1. Never going to be a raceboat, 2. Complex interior (a/c, enclosed head, huge cabin)
3. They only made 12, 9 of which are still alive and running.
4. Limited run boat makes for a tough resale for big money, this boat now has history and it will make for a very tough resale for anyone.

The original owner has access to 525's/ XR's with less than 100 hours at a ridiculously low price and he even said the boat is toast, not worth fixing. He likes using the analogy that boat was like Cheryl Tiggs in her prime and now she is a beat, crack whore..........
I dont agree with your comment about the 38' pp being a tough boat to sell in the used market. For example, that 38 went like a hot cake when Oliver sold it. I am not talking "big" money though.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
I dont agree with your comment about the 38' pp being a tough boat to sell in the used market. For example, that 38 went like a hot cake when Oliver sold it. I am not talking "big" money though.
I agree with you Chris, poor choice of words...........It takes a knowledgable buyer to want a Powerplay. Everyone knows Cig, Fountain, Outerlimits but a Powerplay may take some explanation. Most have never seen one, Can't Touch This and your boat are the only two doing the poker run circuit.

I would buy a 38 PP over any other 38 made if they were of equal value/condition.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree with you Chris, poor choice of words...........It takes a knowledgable buyer to want a Powerplay. Everyone knows Cig, Fountain, Outerlimits but a Powerplay may take some explanation. Most have never seen one, Can't Touch This and your boat are the only two doing the poker run circuit.

I would buy a 38 PP over any other 38 made if they were of equal value/condition.

If I were in the market for a 38...not a 37 something else or 39 or larger I would buy a 38 PP hands down..The boat rides like it's larger than what it is and I actually prefer it over the 38TG which I think is the second best riding 38' boat. Unfortunetly they are not made anymore....
Old 06-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If anyone is serious about a PERFECT 38 PowerPlay, I do know of one that the owner would sell for the right price.

It won't be cheap. Its runs in the 90s with a pair of 675KE.

If you have never seen a 38PP in person, its a HUGE boat. I'd almost liken it to a "38 black thunder" its so big. The hull is very efficient for such a big boat.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If anyone is serious about a PERFECT 38 PowerPlay, I do know of one that the owner would sell for the right price.

It won't be cheap. Its runs in the 90s with a pair of 675KE.

If you have never seen a 38PP in person, its a HUGE boat. I'd almost liken it to a "38 black thunder" its so big. The hull is very efficient for such a big boat.
Defyn Gravity?? I would be calling him if somebody would buy my 400SS...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...400SS-92967989

One of the other 38's here in Maryland just had a complete re-do this year w/MDG 800's and Konrads..... It looks beautiful!!!
I left out of the Marina last night for a boat ride and went by the lift where the PowerPlay is stored, those Konrads look awesome hanging off the back!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a skater 40 with no power on Ebay for 59850.00 buy it now price as much as a powerplay 38 that sank? Seems very overpriced.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Percieved value

Ain't worth $10k
Old 07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...-Deck-93062460

Several Pics

This was Manny/ FastFinance's other boat:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...o--OS-93025663

Ended up at National as well........

Powerplay sold for 30K to a guy in the midwest.

The 2000 37 OL sold for 92K.

Both boats lasted only a couple days.......

Quick Reply: Why do people let boats fall into disrepair like this???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.