Don Aronow Memorial, Thank you! >

Don Aronow Memorial, Thank you!

Notices

Don Aronow Memorial, Thank you!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Don Aronow Memorial, Thank you!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank Larry Goldman, his family, Brad, Charlie, everyone from OSS and everyone else that helped put on this event. It was one of the best events I have ever attended. This event was something that people have talked about for years but no one ever took the time to pull it off. Larry Goldman and Brad spent months putting this event together and the turn out reminded me of the worlds in Key West.

The run to Bimini was probably my most exciting boating experience. The Friday and Saturday night parties were incredible with over 500 people attending Saturday nights event. To get to meet the racers some of us idolized when we were kids was very cool.
To have the chance to run against the biggest names in Offshore (J.T., Bob Teague, Mike Seabold, Stancombes etc) was like a Fantasy camp.
I have to admit I was a little skeptical of what the turn out would be. With the SBI Hollywood race the weekend before being the lowest attendance race ever remembered, I was afraid this event may end up disappointing. I was seriously mistaken!
I can't wait until next years event! I strongly recommend you watch for the announcement of next years date and put it on your calendar.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Gino....

It was a pleasure to be part of such a great event. Not to many weeks ago myself, Larry, and others involved were a bit nervous about who would attend and continued to receive skeptical opinions from some.

At the end of the day it didn’t take us but a fraction of a second to realize we were in this because we believed in it and there was no way we were going to lift. We just stayed in the throttle and worked that much harder to pull it off.

We owe everything to the participants who believed in it like we did and showed up regardless of weather, rain, boat type or affiliation.

If you have a passion for this sport then the events on Friday and especially Saturday night we not to be missed. There was an incredible amount of history, comradelier, and passion in the room at Gulfstream Park.

I can only imagine what Don would say walking into the bar and looking down at the track with a few million dollars of boats parked on it and old boat racing films on the screen in the infield.

Regardless of how many years we continue to hold this event and how big it becomes. I cannot imagine any of them will be like this first one was.

Thanks for showing up and believing!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

Speaking of the videos being played, what were they? are they available for purchase? That was some great stuff! Thanks Brad.

Dave
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
Speaking of the videos being played, what were they? are they available for purchase? That was some great stuff! Thanks Brad.

Dave
Go to the HORBA site. www.historicraceboats.com

Charlie said the video played Saturday night is availible from his site.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brad, & Gino , That was my feelings EXACTLY !! Very well said guys !Now let,s get busy planning a even better event next year !
Old 06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!! I was proud to be a small part of it.