Like Tree1Likes

How I Screwed Chris Sunkin

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2008, 10:27 PM
  #81
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
This is an amazing thread in that one guy apologized to another, the apology was accepted and yet still it has gone on for four pages. Why does it have so many views and posts? Well, the subject line is pretty gripping.

Still, it's amazing. Every time I log onto this site I learn something. For real. And one of the best things I see happening here is conflict resolution.

This a perfect example. One guy was man enough to apologize. The other guy was a big enough person to accept it ... truly accepting apologies isn't all that easy.

Back to lurking. Sorry for the disturbance.
You're giving this way too much credit.
Or maybe you aren't.

It's only gone on this far because a few hoodlums hi-jacked the thread, and it evolved into a new topic. It's become just fun between friends.
I'm glad to see the resolution.
But the Hi-jack, and goofing off is the fun part for the rest of us - and it is only available and prudent with the resolution.
bouyhunter is offline  
Old 06-27-2008, 11:13 PM
  #82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
This is an amazing thread in that one guy apologized to another, the apology was accepted and yet still it has gone on for four pages. Why does it have so many views and posts? Well, the subject line is pretty gripping.

Still, it's amazing. Every time I log onto this site I learn something. For real. And one of the best things I see happening here is conflict resolution.

This a perfect example. One guy was man enough to apologize. The other guy was a big enough person to accept it ... truly accepting apologies isn't all that easy.

Back to lurking. Sorry for the disturbance.
Apparently you missed the "little blue boat" thread
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Old 06-28-2008, 07:46 AM
  #83
Registered
 
fund razor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: Apache 28 Brave
Posts: 8,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 View Post
[email protected]@k who crawled out from under the desk : Holy chit its JOHN Whaz up BIG Daddy and to show up and call CHRIS a big meanie and a terrible person... OMG
I walked out from under it. It's a big desk.

The funny thing is, Chris may be free with his opinion and knowledge, to a proverbial somebody's discontent I suppose..... but he is also liberal with his time and talents. One of the few people on OSO who will proactively help someone. Not wait to be asked, but ask to help. First to PM somebody and say: "I could help. I have that equipment." A few years ago I had the chance to meet him and I am glad that I did. He's good people. For a big meanie.
fund razor is offline  
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 AM
  #84
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
Please don't.......I'd much rather read about your firefox project than to read Sunkin's post on EVERYFKNTHING in the universe
LMAO!!!!!
PhantomChaos is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM
  #85
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
I walked out from under it. It's a big desk.

The funny thing is, Chris may be free with his opinion and knowledge, to a proverbial somebody's discontent I suppose..... but he is also liberal with his time and talents. One of the few people on OSO who will proactively help someone. Not wait to be asked, but ask to help. First to PM somebody and say: "I could help. I have that equipment." A few years ago I had the chance to meet him and I am glad that I did. He's good people. For a big meanie.
Boy.......that sounds A LOT like Fred Cecil doesn't it? The only problem with Fred was that he just couldn't find the roll of packing tape to close the boxes of parts for shipping, and he also couldn't balance his checking account very well.......right?
PhantomChaos is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 AM
  #86
Registered User
Gold Member
 
bcfountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: prince george,va
My Boats: 27fountain/04waverunner/10meter
Posts: 1,476
Default good job guys

now thats how two men work out a problem,not with insults and all that other b/s that come with a disagreement.good job guys.
bcfountain is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 11:03 AM
  #87
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
xconn92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Farmington, CT
My Boats: Back seat of Gold Rush & 2012 Formula 350SS
Posts: 365
Default

Nice avatar Nort

That's some funny chit!!
xconn92 is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
  #88
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: LaPlata, MD, USA
My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomChaos View Post
Boy.......that sounds A LOT like Fred Cecil doesn't it? The only problem with Fred was that he just couldn't find the roll of packing tape to close the boxes of parts for shipping, and he also couldn't balance his checking account very well.......right?
That's funny. And to think that there was a period of several years that you would be FLAMED off of OSO for speaking unkindly about Fred.
Dave M is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 01:52 PM
  #89
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
FuelinAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Owensboro, KY
My Boats: Sonic 31SS
Posts: 1,573
Default

This thread makes me remember why I love being a part of this group. I havent meet three fourths of you but I know most people on here are avid boaters that I trust have the same interest as me. Great thread.
__________________
*ISN'T IT FUNNY THAT WAR AND LOSS OF JOBS BUILT SOME OF OUR MOST BEAUITFUL LAKE REGIONS?*
FuelinAround is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 05:19 PM
  #90
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Tierra Verde, Fl
My Boats: 33 Outlaw
Posts: 341
Default

What dragged this up? A lot of guys proabaly don't even know they're reading a two year old thread.
Skullkrusher is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Rippem
General Boating Discussion
56
06-23-2008 06:55 PM
Open72
General Boating Discussion
6
04-27-2008 09:22 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.