Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Trading Powerquest for Susation? >

Trading Powerquest for Susation?

Notices

Trading Powerquest for Susation?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading Powerquest for Susation?

Hello and thanks in advance for your input. I am thinking about trading my 2003 Powerquest 260 Legend for this 2005 Sunsation 288 http://captainschoiceboats.com/boatsforsale.html It's on page 5 the 2005 CB.

This is what I would like opinions on:

Anyone dealt with this dealer?

What is the boat truely worth in todays market?

My boat and the Sunsation are in equally nice condition with same hours except mine is freshwater only. Both have 496 HO's What's a fair trade difference?

How much real difference is there in size? The Sunsation is an 8ft beam opposed to the Powerquests 8'6" beam. I believe the Sunsation is 300lbs heavier.

The biggest reason I am considering trading is because of the performance limitations of the Powerquest Hull(built in Hook). Will the Sunsation be a stable ride if I get it to 80 or so?

If I have the numbers right it seems the Sunsation is a couple MPH faster with the same power than my Powerquest. Does 68 on GPS sound about right for the Sunsation?

How much of a gain would I get by adding 100 or so HP? Raylar Kit with headders and ECU upgrade(might go 550 or so,can't remember!

Thanks again for any inpuit or advice!

PS The powerquest is a nice ride...just wanna bit more performance and might as well go a little bigger!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is all your decision, but you are thinking of swapping boats that will cost $$ then dropping more $$ in the motor?? Why not just go ahead an jump into a 30' boat with twin 496'HO. I believe by the time you finish you will have spent the same $$.

Just my 2 cents.

WILL
Old 06-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Registered

I already have the Raylar kit,etc! 30ft is pushing my storage and trailering capacity as well.I'm a trailer boater.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes more sense, OK
Old 06-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

You will love Sunsation, check out their website it has all the info that you are looking for. The factory support is second to none, including used boat purchases. I can personally attest to that! That 288 should run 68-70 gps.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Capt's Choice is their biggest dealer I believe. They have sold a lot of boats in the panhandle for Sunsation.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've been buying parts from the captians choice here in Ft. Walton They seem like pretty nice guys from the couple little parts i had to order.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Nobody has an idea about the values and differences?
Old 06-29-2008, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by pachanga
Nobody has an idea about the values and differences?
I think it is going to be an expensive trade up. The selling dealer is a Sunsation dealer so they will have no trouble selling the 288 but your trade will be a different scenario. PQ's are better known in the up north but with the factory out of business and the boat market being slow I bet Capt's will want to steal your trade in order to make the deal happen.

I love Sunsation's but I think you are nuts for buying a slightly larger boat with the same power in this market. I would compare it to selling a diesel pick-up that is in perfect condition to buy another one in a different color (diesels can be a tough sell now due to fuel prices).
Old 06-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

I tend to agree with you on this. On our first exchange of numbers he is a little over the top...but not as much as 1 would expect. They actually sold Powerquests as well before.

I will not make this trade if I am going wholesale to Retail. I would think in this market any equity a dealer can move he should think seriously about doing.

I have been researching values like crazy. I can get pricing info on Bucvalues for my boat but can't find a thing about sunsation. This I don't understand! My understanding is Bucvalues is based on actual trade info.

Don't know how accurate NADA is on the 2 boats but in our beginning discussion I will take a hit on my boat valuewise to the Sunsation.

Can any dealers out there throw the hard numbers on the 2 boats?

Now this really has me scratching my head! http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...98805&r=quebec

A 2009 for the same advertised price!

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I think it is going to be an expensive trade up. The selling dealer is a Sunsation dealer so they will have no trouble selling the 288 but your trade will be a different scenario. PQ's are better known in the up north but with the factory out of business and the boat market being slow I bet Capt's will want to steal your trade in order to make the deal happen.

I love Sunsation's but I think you are nuts for buying a slightly larger boat with the same power in this market. I would compare it to selling a diesel pick-up that is in perfect condition to buy another one in a different color (diesels can be a tough sell now due to fuel prices).

Quick Reply: Trading Powerquest for Susation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.